Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think one of the godawful remakes had that message.

Wow that sucks

Wolf Brigade most def did not have that as its message though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://kotaku.com/dragon-ball-composer-shunsuke-kikuchi-dies-at-89-1846778715

dag, :rip:

The DBZ score has grown on me over the years, especially after finding the non-garbage stereo tracks online/on those compilation albums, I didn't like it when I was super young because the audio quality was loving trash but there are some dope motifs and poo poo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

wolfs posted:

super cub is a Honda ad about depression and their small displacement scooters but as far as shows-that-are-ads go it’s nice and might encourage Japanese youth to start motorcycle gangs which is a plus since Godspeed You Black Emperor (the documentary about Japanese motorcycle gangs) inspired the excellent Canadian post-rock band of the same name

I didn't bring up the Honda anime since I figured people ITT wouldn't care but I'm glad someone else likes it. There's something really nice about seeing the MC slowly gain confidence in herself with small victories via the scooter.
I'm a sucker for shows about transportation helping people out.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rose of Versailles is pretty good so far. Came for the yuri and cross-dressing, stayed for the anti-monarchism

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
anime kicks rear end

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Good soup! posted:

lmao massive mother loving what that's not the interpretation I got at loving all from Jin Roh unless you're going purely by the Kerberos armor design being rad
that’s the only lesson anyone else has ever learned from Jin Roh!

“wow, cool nazi death squad!”

nazi death squad: ❌
nazi-death squad: ✅

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

more like demon slayer: cronenberg train

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

that’s the only lesson anyone else has ever learned from Jin Roh!

“wow, cool nazi death squad!”

nazi death squad: ❌
nazi-death squad: ✅

lol it sucks too, because there is ultimately a message about the brutality of an overtly fascist, violent police state. There are literally no winners, each side just moves the ball on the field back and forth and innocent people are caught in the middle - people who are traumatized, exploited, and ultimately tossed aside when they outlived their usefulness

If any group is portrayed with any ounce of sympathy (rather indirectly), it's the rebels and the people caught up in everything

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Zombie land saga gay so what

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

demon layer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Restaurant to Another World is getting a second season!

https://twitter.com/nekoya_PR/status/1385428216144224262?s=20

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Restaurant to Another World is getting a second season!

https://twitter.com/nekoya_PR/status/1385428216144224262?s=20

:hellyeah:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
in jin roh's defense the nazi death squad looks extremely cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1388308196465512450?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The manga is better.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i watched all of "iron-blooded orphans" which i found to be decent but pretty weird. after that i was a little tired of shows so i asked for movie recommendations and got "redline" which kicked rear end. my friends also told me to watch "your name" which really put me through the emotional wringer. the last movie i watched was "summer wars" which was a nice diversion, but it is odd that i watched two movies back to back that both had an object unexpectedly falling from space as key plot points. i was also recommended "weathering with you" by the same director as "your name" but i don't think i can handle that just yet and i'm gonna wait

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

i watched all of "iron-blooded orphans" which i found to be decent but pretty weird. after that i was a little tired of shows so i asked for movie recommendations and got "redline" which kicked rear end. my friends also told me to watch "your name" which really put me through the emotional wringer. the last movie i watched was "summer wars" which was a nice diversion, but it is odd that i watched two movies back to back that both had an object unexpectedly falling from space as key plot points. i was also recommended "weathering with you" by the same director as "your name" but i don't think i can handle that just yet and i'm gonna wait

Weathering with you was just ok imo. I loved your name. If you want something that hit just as hard for me, check out ride your wave. Really really loved that one.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I really enjoyed "In This Corner of the World" movie.

But apparently that's a manga too.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

wolfs posted:

by dint of them having season 2s I’ve started welcome to demon school iruma -kun, that moriarty show, and zombie land saga as things i might have liked had i watched them as they aired and so far all are at least interesting

All of these rule for very different reasons. This season has been drat bountiful

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mirello posted:

Weathering with you was just ok imo. I loved your name. If you want something that hit just as hard for me, check out ride your wave. Really really loved that one.

ride your wave was the last movie I saw in a theater pre-pandemic, it rules a lot

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Honest Thief posted:

vivy is hatsune miku terminator and rules 2 eps in

every even numbered episode gets progressively more brutal but man it's so good.

I also ran into 86 nd binged up until current and it has some gundam IBO vibes going. With kumo and thunderbolt to round things out, it's a really good season

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Looking forward to odd taxi's last episode to just be a long form reading of the manifesto with cute animal people

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just watched fifteen minutes of live-action mob psycho 100 on netflix, waiting for, iunno, them to enter cartoon land or something and it would eventually become animated

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

okay instead of rectify mistake by switching to amazon or crunchyroll i just let this yakuza househusband show play instead and it is pretty funny

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Jymmybob posted:

every even numbered episode gets progressively more brutal but man it's so good.

I also ran into 86 nd binged up until current and it has some gundam IBO vibes going. With kumo and thunderbolt to round things out, it's a really good season

the godzilla show also owns

Captian Kil
Nov 2, 2011

Can someone tell me a good place to watch these shows? Previous website I used shut down, and I was looking to maybe get a subscription, but I heard cruncyroll are a bunch of pricks (and if you watch a 20 min show on the website, it literally gives you 24m worth of ads.)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Captian Kil posted:

Can someone tell me a good place to watch these shows? Previous website I used shut down, and I was looking to maybe get a subscription, but I heard cruncyroll are a bunch of pricks (and if you watch a 20 min show on the website, it literally gives you 24m worth of ads.)

a private torrent tracker, or nyaa.si

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
don't pay for streaming services, they are a scam now. if you want to watch more than one show there's like an 80% chance you'll need to subscribe to multiple because some go on crunchy roll, some go on netflix, etc. nyaa.si has no such limitations :v:

torrent the shows and buy merch from the studios directly when you want to support them. they get a fuckton more of your money that way too, compared to what streaming sites/publishers pay for content.

also yeah, CR are a bunch of assholes. i've heard a bunch of translator getting paid starvation wages horror stories from their guys

net work error posted:

I didn't bring up the Honda anime since I figured people ITT wouldn't care but I'm glad someone else likes it. There's something really nice about seeing the MC slowly gain confidence in herself with small victories via the scooter.
I'm a sucker for shows about transportation helping people out.

yeah the cub show has been pretty great so far.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captian Kil posted:

Are you asking for subs, please?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The Promised Neverland season 1 is good. Im 3 eps into seasons 2 and it got a little dumb but i dont see why people flipped out about it yet

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lostconfused posted:

The manga is better.

I respectfully disagree

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Promised Neverland season 1 is good. Im 3 eps into seasons 2 and it got a little dumb but i dont see why people flipped out about it yet

havent watched but from what I've heard it gets real bad at like ep 4 or 5 lol.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

pillsburysoldier posted:

basically they skipped whole volumes in season 2 and just did a tldr:

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Pitch posted:

I always wanted to read the novel and didn't even realize it was translated years ago. Is there any obvious non-filez way to get it? Seems like it's out of print, heavily marked up on the used market, no official ebook, and I'm not sure the copyright holder Tokyopop even prints novels anymore after going bankrupt twice or something like that.
So if anyone else cared, Right Stuf seems to have a special arrangement with Tokyopop and got new stock of the Welcome to the NHK novel in a few days ago. Or else they're shipping me a brick. Every other store still seems to treat it like it's out of print.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

i say swears online posted:

just watched fifteen minutes of live-action mob psycho 100 on netflix, waiting for, iunno, them to enter cartoon land or something and it would eventually become animated

why would they make a live-action version of a show about a guy who has spectacular psychic powers and does things like grab up entire city blocks and warp them around. what is their sfx budget

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Captian Kil posted:

you can kiss your anime for free

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Go, and go to watch anime you nerd

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Casey Finnigan posted:

why would they make a live-action version of a show about a guy who has spectacular psychic powers and does things like grab up entire city blocks and warp them around. what is their sfx budget

That reminds me, the live-action Eizouken is out now, right? How did that work out?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

i haven't seen s2 because i tend to binge non-episodic shows so i wait until the end of season and now i don't intend to, but apparently it got so bad there's no writer credits in some of the later eps lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
looking for leftist + fanservice anime. my mom put Cisco Umbrella DNS on my router and now I can't go to big boobert website....