Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

The only person who shitposts about antiques roadshow while the F1 is on is you though Theo. Tbh it’s a bit odd.

Your av begs to differ, friendo. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had a couple of metal slammers as a gay child, but then I can't loving remember what the hell you did with pogs apart from spend all yer pocket money on them and have em just take up space

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
like you stacked them up and then threw the slammer at them? IDK??!?!?!!??!!?!!??!!!??!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh if I gave a gently caress it would have been removed 4? Years ago.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Sounds like you take the same approach to pogs that mission winnow scuderia Ferrari takes to winning namely become confused and afraid of it, leave it behind you, and go home to mamá for a plate of her delicious pasta puttanesca and forget about the whole bad deal

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Whatever happened to my set with the 1985 M Jordan trading card anyways

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

harperdc posted:

watched the highlights this morning, good to know I didn't miss much.

Please don't do this again. There's a caveat that the thread goes into 'live thread mode' for F1 races, not other motorsports.

This mod would’ve let Max get fastest lap fraudulently.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

I had a couple of metal slammers as a gay child, but then I can't loving remember what the hell you did with pogs apart from spend all yer pocket money on them and have em just take up space

There definitely was a subset of 90s toys that basically were "throw this poo poo at your friends collection of the same poo poo"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I had a shiny charizard card and am vaguely aware of pokemon cards selling for idiot money again thanks to somebody famous?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I had a shiny charizard card and am vaguely aware of pokemon cards selling for idiot money again thanks to somebody famous?

My mom has like three unopened packs in her basement somewhere and has refused to let us open them to see if anything good is in there because "we're going to regret it someday if we sell them"

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

She may have missed the memo but I don't have a ton of nostalgia for that stuff between being poor as poo poo and barely able to afford any of that poo poo and then when we could she'd pull a stunt like that where it's locked away.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

My mom has like three unopened packs in her basement somewhere and has refused to let us open them to see if anything good is in there because "we're going to regret it someday if we sell them"

That sounds hoarding adjacent, usually that's the point where I hire a skip to knock it out of my parents

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m too old for that poo poo, we had thundercats and making stuff out of toilet roll tubes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When beanie babies come back my aunt is gonna make BANK

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
this was the rage here in 96-98. at my school they had to ban them because actual fights started at the tournaments. poo poo was wild back then and i was getting money booking bets between my friends

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

The only person who shitposts about antiques roadshow while the F1 is on is you though Theo. Tbh it’s a bit odd.

Quid has definitely roadshow posted. Might not have been shitposts though

italian quid posted:

That's actually sound for card packs. Given the majority of the value exists in one or two chase cards in the set, your pack is likely to not have them and be worth nothing once opened. While sealed it could have anything, even a boat!

See also: magic the goddamn gathering

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lewis has 69 points

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

Lewis has 69 points

#nice #blessed #getintherelewis

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

haters will say it's a coincidence but fail to take into account that he deliberately didn't get the fastest lap at portimao to make sure he got there

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Yeh if I gave a gently caress it would have been removed 4? Years ago.

Didnt you have meltdown about it in another thread when someone called you a dude?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No? I’ve been drunk and posting about LGBT+ stuff before so maybe someone called me a dude or something, I won a new AV once in a baking competition but gave it to someone to use for lols so :shrug:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

learnincurve posted:

No? I’ve been drunk and posting about LGBT+ stuff before so maybe someone called me a dude or something, I won a new AV once in a baking competition but gave it to someone to use for lols so :shrug:

Fair enough, it must have been someone else.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Here’s the bread if anyone is interested

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I am interested in this bread.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s called Challah bread, and here’s a beginner one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm76H25lLwQ

It gets more or less complicated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6j7esQyjk

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Disturbing lack of caraway seeds on that bread tbh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Be nice to the bread.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Want that bread

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

learnincurve posted:

slice out and away we toast

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

learnincurve posted:

#StillIRise

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anime Store Adventure posted:

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

ohhhhhhh

ahhhhhhh

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Did you use a cast iron baking pan though

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I remember those old baking posts.
They actually did a test where they tested store-bought vs freshly made bread and the regular store bought won every time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

They actually did a test where they tested store-bought vs freshly made bread and the regular store bought won every time.

Especially if it's from Lidl's bakery early in the morning. Smash down a cob loaf, lightly toasted with some Dulano cured meats, a bit of melted sliced emmental, a slice of pickle and some salad and you're going to have a brilliant day.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Khablam posted:

You say a lot of stupid poo poo but this takes the biscuit or other baked goods

Even ignoring the fact that it is bollocks, how do you even compare? Are you comparing a standard white loaf to a tin loaf? Is the test in the US where store bought bread is actually brioche? Are you loving high?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For longevity a mass produced store bought sliced bread like hovis will win every time, it’s why you make small 400g loaves at home, eat fresh the first day and toast the next because after that it’s only good for breadcrumbs.

Hashtag breadfacts

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
nice buns

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

CancerCakes posted:

in the US where store bought bread is actually brioche?

I didn't realize our bread was a dessert everywhere else in the world until a few years ago. Nutrition and education around it is SO hosed in the US. We learned the "food pyramid" in elementary school and holy poo poo it's no wonder we're all fat diabetic sacks of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I grew up in a tough part of London and once had a knife pulled on me by someone demanding my Pokémon cards. (I didn't have any)