Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol Chili Davis getting thrown under the bus again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Twins Rookie Alex Kiriloff

First 15 at bats 0-15

Since?

9-27 3 2B 4 HR

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

N: Fangraphs says Vladdy is rocking a 218 wRC+ right now

V: VLAD VLAD VLAD

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Lights went out at Busch last night in the 9th

https://twitter.com/cardinalsgifs/status/1389415505253986307

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Alex Reyes also has a totally sustainable 7.5 BB/9 with a 0.00 ERA.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Gallegos should really be the closer but it's gonna take 5 games of regression before Shildt even considers it.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This rules

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Popete posted:

lol Chili Davis getting thrown under the bus again.

Hitting and pitching coaches seem to exist mostly to get thrown under busses.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Love how quickly both batter and catcher are to call time juxtaposed against the pitcher not moving to step off.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

alpha_destroy posted:

Love how quickly both batter and catcher are to call time juxtaposed against the pitcher not moving to step off.

With how lovely the umpires have been this season they probably would have called Reyes for a balk.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

alpha_destroy posted:

I imagine your self preservation reaction kicks in pretty quick when you realize you're about to get a 90mph+ projectile hurled at you in the dark.

Also it looks like based on the reaction that the lights started going out in the outfield first?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Good Dog posted:

With how lovely the umpires have been this season they probably would have called Reyes for a balk.

Have the umpires actually been quantifiably "worse" this season or is it just a factor of an explosion of MLB-unaffiliated independent media that profiles every bad/controversial thing they do across the league for everybody? I'm asking as someone who wasn't a fan in 2019, but all the frothing anti-umpire vitriol I read online (not here) makes me a bit wary, especially because people always jump to fantasizing about busting their union.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I imagine your self preservation reaction kicks in pretty quick when you realize you're about to get a 90mph+ projectile hurled at you in the dark.

Also it looks like based on the reaction that the lights started going out in the outfield first?

Yeah I think that's right. All Reyes has to do is throw the ball really hard. The other two have to not be hit by a hard object they can't see.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Reyes rules, how the gently caress do you throw a 105MPH sinker? I don't know but it's cool as hell.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Sydin posted:

Reyes rules, how the gently caress do you throw a 105MPH sinker? I don't know but it's cool as hell.

I believe you are thinking of Hicks, but Reyes also does rule and I'm glad to finally see him in some sort of role with the team after all of his injuries and setbacks.

Also Hicks might be injured again and it makes me sad please no :(

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I am thinking of Hicks, yes. Morning coffee hasn't quite overtaken the hangover yet. :downs:

I'm rooting for Reyes as well though, he's got all the stuff in the world but has been derailed by injuries over and over which always sucks to see. Hope he can string together a couple healthy seasons.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren:CLAYTON KERSHAW WALKED JAVY BAEZ:siren:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Have the umpires actually been quantifiably "worse" this season or is it just a factor of an explosion of MLB-unaffiliated independent media that profiles every bad/controversial thing they do across the league for everybody? I'm asking as someone who wasn't a fan in 2019, but all the frothing anti-umpire vitriol I read online (not here) makes me a bit wary, especially because people always jump to fantasizing about busting their union.

there's always the usual complaining about strike zones etc, but the two extremely visible and utterly inexplicable obstruction calls made in the past week or so have gotten a lot of negative attention

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The concept of the 5th Inning Stretch is PERVERSE

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Update from my earlier comment:

https://twitter.com/zachsilver/status/1389681234759008260

Noooooooooo :(

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Michael_Cerami/status/1389680613519679494

lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

What's the reason the first like 10 rows are blocked off?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

What's the reason the first like 10 rows are blocked off?

They put those tarps on the bleachers last summer, ostensibly as a way to make up some lost revenue because of not having fans in the stadium. Since they're still restricted on capacity, I guess they're keeping the ads there for the same reason?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

N: deGrom scratched
V: RIP

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol I love this

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dinosaurs! posted:

N: deGrom scratched
V: RIP

at least "side tightness" is much less awful-sounding than anything arm-related

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Cue Mets medical staff clarifying this as "side of arm tightness"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be cool if the Yankees did something to make me think the games they won last week weren't just because they were playing horrible teams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's ok to be happy when the team you like wins games

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Intruder posted:

You better stay out of NBA subs right now. At least 6 or 7 of them.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Intruder posted:

not when youre mcmagic i think hes like that guy steve buscemi was talking about in the excellent documentary con air for whom happiness actually causes him physical pain

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Intruder posted:

It would be pretty dumb to celebrate beating the Tigers and O's after getting shitkicked by their actual competition for the division....

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Giants put up a ten spot in the first inning for the first time since 1967 against some scrub named Bob Gibson.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Julio Cruz posted:

He's getting an MRI apparently.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The last place Cubs hung a four spot on Kershaw, tying his career record for runs given up in the first and handing him the shortest regular season start of his career. Baseball is weird.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has there been an update on Kershaw, was he in pain or something? Even after giving up 4 runs kinda odd to pull him after the 1st on a day when you have a double header.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I know some people had been wondering when this was going to happen

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1389711094982356999?s=20

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, that's more than I expected.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah seven games is ridiculous, he was being an rear end but it's not like he was out there throwing punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know some people had been wondering when this was going to happen

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1389711094982356999?s=20

seven games for striking out a guy and screaming at him that he's a motherfucker, bullshit