Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainBeefart posted:

I've been playing Subnautica and loving the sense of dread and terror when deep diving at night. I feel like I'm progressing pretty slowly but it's a blast so far.

Subnautica is probably one of the most involved I've gotten in a game in a long time. after I beat it on a couple weeks ago I immediately preordered the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

I also love how casual spoilers get dropped here and nobody flips out which is not the case in games

BTW everyone thanks for not explicitly saying the twist in SO 3 without spoiler tags, it seemed like it might get a little touch and go there and I do want to see what it is with minimal knowledge beforehand.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

fishing in ffxiv is more fun than the rest of ffxiv

i'll allow it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yeah I can’t really read games because the threads are all extreeeemely inside baseball, to the point where I’m a guy intentionally trying to read about a video game on the internet and I’m still going “yeesh, this is too much about this video game.”

Yeah even threads for games I'm fairly familiar with like isaac are full of folk who must have ten times the hours i have.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah even threads for games I'm fairly familiar with like isaac are full of folk who must have ten times the hours i have.

Everyone wants to be the next vaati or enb.

Idiots.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this thread is really the best place to talk about games on the forums. there's only like one or two freaks rather than a dozen

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

i like this thread but no one's ever talking about the game that I'm personally playing. maybe work on that ok

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

It's me, I'm the only one that plays exactly enough video games

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You've got people like that in here too, I've got like ~680 hours in isaac

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
I'm gaming today

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Grapplejack posted:

Jesus i have 280 and i thought that was wild

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

yeah, and dark souls literally cured my autism and my AIDS and my cancer and it gave me the confidence to talk to women and ask my wife to marry me and saved my soul, litereally cryeing right now over how much dark souls means to me

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Goons should I do ng+ on dark souls 3 :ohdear:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tenderjerk posted:

yea

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Excelzior posted:

It's me, I'm the only one that plays exactly enough video games

congrats on not playing video games

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

tenderjerk posted:

Absolutely

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Subnautica is probably one of the most involved I've gotten in a game in a long time. after I beat it on a couple weeks ago I immediately preordered the sequel

Agreed. I make a point to play it with the lights turned off and headphones on. I usually don't care for base and resource management but I've gone all in. I can't wait to check out the sequel.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
my first experience with subnautica was with a VR headset at a friends house. it was janky as hell, but the atmosphere was still absolutely terrifying in a way few other games are. it’s a shame the devs basically gave up on VR support.

i ended up playing it a ton on my PC (not VR) and loved it up til i encountered a totally game breaking bug that stopped me from finishing the game. currently waiting for the new one to fully release (like 2 weeks from now?), i hope it’s good!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I mean you could have been playing dota

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainBeefart posted:

Agreed. I make a point to play it with the lights turned off and headphones on. I usually don't care for base and resource management but I've gone all in. I can't wait to check out the sequel.

Yeah I know so people couldn't get into to Subnautica but it really does have a sense of wonder plus fear as you explore new areas w/ finding new types of sea creatures.

I almost feel like the base building / resource grinding was at least to me a distraction from the more compelling parts of the game. Even though can understand that things like resource gathering was to drive the whole progression of the game into the more advanced dangerous regions of the game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

console threads are great because occasionally you'll have someone in the sony thread that says "god of war was just ok" or something and then a bunch of responses reacting like someone with 3 heads just walked into the room and whipped all 4 of their dicks out.

the switch thread regularly devolves into anguished screaming any time someone mentions the fact that they experienced frame drops in a switch game lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

bazinga

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Augus posted:

console threads are great because occasionally you'll have someone in the sony thread that says "god of war was just ok" or something and then a bunch of responses reacting like someone with 3 heads just walked into the room and whipped all 4 of their dicks out.

the switch thread regularly devolves into anguished screaming any time someone mentions the fact that they experienced frame drops in a switch game lol

Games forum is if you combined DND smugness and clueless except it's about bideo games.

Also similar jerk-offs offs for people in power, like trying people to shell out their cash for things like Anthem.

You need to get excited about AAA Games!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the games forums is the worst

almost as bad as the politics forums

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the workers & resources thread in games is really good. exception proving the rule, probably

no joke, this guy's posts are fully carrying the thread. he's a god damned superstar.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885840&userid=151409

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Augus posted:

I cannot imagine seeing Ys 8 just herky jerk across my eyes at constantly variable frame rates and then going on the internet to fight about how that’s good actually.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the most insane poo poo I've ever read lmao

Why would anyone ever work with them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i like it when people get mad when you make fun of anime games for being yucky

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
let she who is not actually a 5000 year old demon cast the first stone

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

banime today, banime tomorrow, banime forever

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

banime today, banime tomorrow, banime forever

Heh, lucky me, I only read banga

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

back in the seventies it used to be called television banga

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

kinda subtle but criteria (1) sounds like he's saying uplay needs to fix something.

why was it so much easier for "sophisticated hackers" to buy poo poo with stolen credit cards on epic than it was to do so directly on uplay?

or is it just that the inevitable chargebacks would go to epic, but the account had already been laundered to uplay where the game is safe from being revoked?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cool av posted:

why was it so much easier for "sophisticated hackers" to buy poo poo with stolen credit cards on epic than it was to do so directly on uplay?

or is it just that the inevitable chargebacks would go to epic, but the account had already been laundered to uplay where the game is safe from being revoked?

yeah i'm pretty sure they're just charging back epic and selling the uplay accounts generated by the purchase, which are marginally harder to track and revoke since they are third-party

it kinda reads like Tim is being pissy about Ubisoft requiring people to have uplay accounts for their epic purchases with that bit about Fortnite

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

cool av posted:

kinda subtle but criteria (1) sounds like he's saying uplay needs to fix something.

Yeah that sounds more like “we did such a big screw up we need you to develop a way to unfuck it.”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

This is the most insane poo poo I've ever read lmao

Why would anyone ever work with them

Lmao has the same vibe of when CDPR sent out official letters telling people to get Sony/Playstation stores to take of the refund processing.

Sony got so pissed off by fiasco that they banned the game from the Playstation store.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lib and let die posted:

yeah, and dark souls literally cured my autism and my AIDS and my cancer and it gave me the confidence to talk to women and ask my wife to marry me and saved my soul, litereally cryeing right now over how much dark souls means to me

to be fair dark souls 1 is literally that good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

tenderjerk posted:

alternate suggestion: check out the Cinders mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tiler Kiwi posted:

honestly into the idea of my grave just saying I'm Dead

Eris Quod Sum.