Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The aphria/tilray merger finally went through and it sucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Today is gonna suck

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

cr0y posted:

Today is gonna suck

holy gently caress i'm about to lose my shirt* on some spy calls

*metaphorically

I've got 5 May 21 @ 420C, i'm thinking of just liquidating them asap at open and learning an expensive lesson.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
In the 90's we had some kind of pool filter that didn't use chlorine. I tried to look it up, Osmosis doesn't sound right, but maybe that was it. It was just a little maybe 1 foot by 1 foot box that the water went through to get filtered. Was more expensive than a regular pool filter but again, no chlorine. I think we had a regular filter too to physically clean the water, and this just blasted the bacteria. We find who makes this product and we will have a second group holding besides NDRA!

e; they are ionizers and cost like 260 bux

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 4, 2021

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Deviant posted:

holy gently caress i'm about to lose my shirt* on some spy calls

*metaphorically

I've got 5 May 21 @ 420C, i'm thinking of just liquidating them asap at open and learning an expensive lesson.

You do you but never panic sell the moment you see red.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

cr0y posted:

You do you but never panic sell the moment you see red.

I suppose you're right, I can at least see what the day brings.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Deviant posted:

I suppose you're right, I can at least see what the day brings.

May 21 is 3 weeks away

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

May 21 is 3 weeks away

17 days. :colbert:

but your point is taken. i just don't want to watch them decay and expire

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

NDRA up 6.5% PM 🤷‍♂️

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Thinking about getting some June spy calls but sell in May and go away is hitting this year.

Yesterday I sold my JETS for a modest 30% I think we might be choppy for a little while.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Well, today sucks.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ugh I nearrlyyy flipped my calls to puts yesterday

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cacafuego posted:

Well, today sucks.

The market's been open 20 minutes, what did you assholes do?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

What is the catalyst for today's panic sell off?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

What is the catalyst for today's panic sell off?

Tech and auto are eating poo poo, apparently

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Really sad that I sold my 4,600+ dogecoin that I bought with leftover Robinhood money when dogecoin was worth under a cent.

Fun Times! posted:

The aphria/tilray merger finally went through and it sucks lol

Yup :smith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Really sad that I sold my 4,600+ dogecoin that I bought with leftover Robinhood money when dogecoin was worth under a cent.

Crypto has its place, but there are people out there with serious money in fake internet dog bucks who are going to get destroyed when the meme runs out of steam.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Lol dogecoin killed robinhood

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
All this time I’ve been waiting for NDRA to possibly pop off and apparently I should have dumped that money just into doge?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
GoonCoin ICO when?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Michael Corleone posted:

In the 90's we had some kind of pool filter that didn't use chlorine. I tried to look it up, Osmosis doesn't sound right, but maybe that was it. It was just a little maybe 1 foot by 1 foot box that the water went through to get filtered. Was more expensive than a regular pool filter but again, no chlorine. I think we had a regular filter too to physically clean the water, and this just blasted the bacteria. We find who makes this product and we will have a second group holding besides NDRA!

e; they are ionizers and cost like 260 bux

What the hell are you talking about?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

We are trying to figure out how to get positions in chlorine derivatives

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Red posted:

Tech and auto are eating poo poo, apparently
I have 10 $f calls for Friday with a $11.50 strike price and 3 $nkla puts for Friday with a $11.50 strike price. The nklas are not keeping pace with the fords. 😭

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

ilkhan posted:

I have 10 $f calls for Friday with a $11.50 strike price and 3 $nkla puts for Friday with a $11.50 strike price. The nklas are not keeping pace with the fords. 😭

$f is garbage for options. Your puts should be way printing though, mine are🤷‍♂️

I paper hand bitched out and fled to cash for a lot of positions. A couple more days of this would be brutal and we keep blowing through lower supports in a lot of sectors.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 4, 2021

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
You're a year too late to get into POOL. But it's still done pretty good in the last couple months so if you threw a little money at it it could still work out.

They might have some tailwinds with the new DOE rules around pumps in the next year also.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/GerberKawasaki/status/1389586618164514830

... it does?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

If the market often does this then why wasnt it priced in?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

I see this and read: Buy more AAPL

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I know it won’t work, but I bought a single spy call @$448 June 11th. Cost me $17.

I know I threw $17 away, but hey who the hell knows.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you don't take money out of profits for taxes you need to sell to pay your taxes

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

cr0y posted:

$f is garbage for options. Your puts should be way printing though, mine are🤷‍♂️

I paper hand bitched out and fled to cash for a lot of positions. A couple more days of this would be brutal and we keep blowing through lower supports in a lot of sectors.
They're going opposite directions at the same speed at the moment. Net difference is $2 right now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

pixaal posted:

If you don't take money out of profits for taxes you need to sell to pay your taxes

So we all agreed today was the day to sell off our holdings to pay taxes in two weeks, got it

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

iSurrender posted:

When is this "pricing in" supposed to occur? Maybe we're in the middle of it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Red posted:

So we all agreed today was the day to sell off our holdings to pay taxes in two weeks, got it

If things are heading down and you need $100k for your rich people taxes (do they pay this much ? I have no idea) you might want to get that now instead of in 2 weeks when you need to sell 10% more stock to get your 100k.

I don't think it's the cause but I do think it could add momentum to a down slide. Not sure if that's what we are seeing but probably had some effect on it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

OXLC has been one of my few greens today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

iSurrender posted:

Any time there's good news for a stock and it doesn't jump as a result? Oh, that was definitely priced in!

Any time there's behavior that is clearly predictable based on historical precedent and an obvious, established pattern? The market shits its pants.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

Any time there's good news for a stock and it doesn't jump as a result? Oh, that was definitely priced in!

Any time there's behavior that is clearly predictable based on historical precedent and an obvious, established pattern? The market shits its pants.

stick an option in it, alan geek-span!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Number go... down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BLDP down 20%. Yikes, might buy some more to drive down my cost average. I bought at $26 CAD and it's around $20 CAD right now. Shoulda coulda woulda taken some profit at $50 CAD.