Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
russ has been genuinely awesome in the second half of this year but it is very funny how fast he completely demystified the triple double as a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Russ best possible argument for the play-in

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

morestuff posted:

I'm pretty sure my Zogo hot take was Russ leading the Wiz to the ECF as like a 7 seed so I'm extremely down with the play-in

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The wizards knocking the nets out in round 1 would be so awesome please please please

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

morestuff posted:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Yoshi Wins posted:

The wizards knocking the nets out in round 1 would be so awesome please please please

Counterpoint: wrong

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th, Westbrook had 19 boards and 23 assists while shooting 3-of-4 from the field

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This flop is so funny in slow motion

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Looks like they just bang knees and he’s reacting to me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

morestuff posted:

Looks like they just bang knees and he’s reacting to me

it was an offensive foul on facu that took away the MPJ three that he's attempting with the nuggets down four

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It's especially funny because Davis has 50 lbs on Campazzo and also forward momentum.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

kingcobweb posted:

This flop is so funny in slow motion

this dude rice krispies

looks hard till they get wet then turn to mush

cant wait for the grizz/hornets to knock the lakers out in the play-in

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ammanas posted:

this dude rice krispies

looks hard till they get wet then turn to mush

cant wait for the grizz/hornets to knock the lakers out in the play-in

He hit the shot that gave the Lakers the lead and blocked a game winning 3 from two feet away.

Ignoring the fact that he already has had an excellent NBA Finals winning run.

What are you even on?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

He hit the shot that gave the Lakers the lead and blocked a game winning 3 from two feet away.

the shot he blocked was not behind the 5 point line

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I can't believe exactly one marvel themed gif got posted in the thread. I was expecting that thing to be a comedy goldmine

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can't believe exactly one marvel themed gif got posted in the thread. I was expecting that thing to be a comedy goldmine

the actually overlays and stuff were really boring, just smoke trails on three point attempts and a characters logo when someone made a basket.

they also had some AR superheros in the very corner of the camera so you could barely see them

the real comedy was RJ taking the piss out of the whole thing in the commentary

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Rick posted:

Ignoring the fact that he already has had an excellent NBA Finals winning run.

What are you even on?

Having the Hornets play the Lakers in the play-in is a fun way to think.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

It was way, way, way lower effort than I was expecting

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Nickelodeon NFL game (kinda) worked because it was a bunch of stuff that doesn't take itself seriously anyway. Marvel pretends to take itself somewhat seriously (outside of like Deadpool) so there's just not much you can do.

It was a dumb idea but I guess I appreciate them trying to play with the broadcasting format.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The lovely AR TikTok effect looking Black Panther doing backflips killed me. It was so amateurish. Hard to believe that whole thing was put together by the one company that owns all media now.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Well it was probably put together by some subsidiary company run by an executive's dipshit failchild but yeah, one would expect more.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

The Nickelodeon NFL game (kinda) worked because it was a bunch of stuff that doesn't take itself seriously anyway. Marvel pretends to take itself somewhat seriously (outside of like Deadpool) so there's just not much you can do.

It was a dumb idea but I guess I appreciate them trying to play with the broadcasting format.

The only good part was the nameplates next to players

Also, I actually liked the look of the foxbox (the part of the screen that shows the scores). It was the same layout as the normal one, just with a slightly more interesting skin. Sorry, I like to nerd out over sports presentation UI

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 4, 2021

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The lovely AR TikTok effect looking Black Panther doing backflips killed me. It was so amateurish. Hard to believe that whole thing was put together by the one company that owns all media now.

Based on everyons description, this reeks of an executive level comarketing decision that was them passed down to people who literally could not be bothered to give a poo poo becasue the idea was so dumb that they just phoned it in.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Space Camp fuckup posted:

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

rivetz posted:

with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th, Westbrook had 19 boards and 23 assists while shooting 3-of-4 from the field

The platonic ideal of a Russ game.

Not to get too calling-in-to-the-Nate-Duncan-variety-show but his big problem is his low ts%, what would happen if he just cut his shot attempts in half? Would the passing lanes close up?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the NBA should get rid of jersey patches and encourage teams to put together partner brand theme nights in the arena.

imagine going to a Spurs game and each timeout is filled with players talking about their favourite HEB products. If they win and their team scores more than 100 Brand Synergy points, then each fan walks away with an assortment of coupons. Halftime will feature the HEBuddy guy doing the red panda routine or some poo poo

none of this will be seen on the TV broadcast. It'll be a pure sneaker-squeek feed with no commentary.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

JackBandit posted:

The platonic ideal of a Russ game.

Not to get too calling-in-to-the-Nate-Duncan-variety-show but his big problem is his low ts%, what would happen if he just cut his shot attempts in half? Would the passing lanes close up?

Platonic ideal requires him to be 3/27 fg

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

When does Draymond join the Avengers? Will this affect his availability for the playoffs?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/UPROXX/status/1389648107831443458?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

This was a nice idea. I think traditionalists may not like it but I think it is pretty useful. It's too bad it is not the type of thing that viewers can easily pick or choose without changing the channel.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rick posted:

This was a nice idea. I think traditionalists may not like it but I think it is pretty useful. It's too bad it is not the type of thing that viewers can easily pick or choose without changing the channel.
I give it a few years and TVs will have the option

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, I actually liked the look of the foxbox (the part of the screen that shows the scores). It was the same layout as the normal one, just with a slightly more interesting skin. Sorry, I like to nerd out over sports presentation UI

My gf is someone who only watches basketball to see Zion but also liked the nameplates and wishes normal broadcasts did a similar thing.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Hell yeah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Thank you for your service.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

I give it a few years and TVs will have the option

To be fair, it's a functionality that has existed on British tv for years. Press the red button and get extra poo poo.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

https://streamable.com/h4kg4r
DPOY for this play alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

more like a fast BRAKE lol