Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The passive is alright in a meta where spitfire is the most popular gun.

Being able to reload faster/have a bigger mag for a gun that already downs an entire squad within a single mag doesn't really seem like it does anything compared to say, having an arm shield, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Revitalized posted:

I went to go checkout Baronful's stream to grab his POV clip... but he turns out to be a wholesome streamer so now I have been converted into a fan.
post clip

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I've updated the OP with Season 9 info, as well as a few other tweaks. T-minus 90 minutes.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I always want to get into this game, but every match with a pubby inevitably ends up with one person in my trio going to the opposite side of the map as me and the other guy and getting himself killed. If I play Duos, I get the guy who drops on top of other players, dies, then yells at me over the mic in mushmouth talk. Any Goon Discords I try to find are usually dead. I love this game, but I hate playing this game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Plan Z posted:

I always want to get into this game, but every match with a pubby inevitably ends up with one person in my trio going to the opposite side of the map as me and the other guy and getting himself killed. If I play Duos, I get the guy who drops on top of other players, dies, then yells at me over the mic in mushmouth talk. Any Goon Discords I try to find are usually dead. I love this game, but I hate playing this game.

Solo queuing is bad unless you are a top 1% player and can beat the average squad on your lonesome. That's just a fact. Post your screen name and platform and maybe you'll get some invites out of this thread, although tbh I've had terrible luck (about half a dozen people have added me through this thread that I've never played a single game with despite multiple invites).

Honestly, the most fun I have every season is 3-stacking in Ranked Gold -> mid-Platinum. I can hold my own against the average player but they are not completely brain dead, enough smurfs are running around to keep it interesting, my teammates are decent and communicative, and 3-stacking doesn't cause SBMM to stomp the poo poo out of us like 3-stacking in Casual.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 4, 2021

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Plan Z posted:

The current goon discord in the op is very much alive. You will find good games and good company there!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The best way to do it is to post "hey, i'm looking for people" and go sit in a discord room.

I'm one of those people who has played a few games with people but I typically only pop into a room to play (or if i'm asked about it a couple days in advance, i usually plan out my gaming time).

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Plan Z posted:

Any Goon Discords I try to find are usually dead. I love this game, but I hate playing this game.

Rodney The Yam II posted:

The current goon discord in the op is very much alive.
Can confirm the "new" goon discord is very active; I was out for all of season 7 and 8 but the new community is quite active: https://discord.gg/PmnUcSJt

dogstile posted:

The best way to do it is to post "hey, i'm looking for people" and go sit in a discord room.
+1 to this, really all you need to do is join a voice channel and people will group with you.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Patch is out, 7.7GB on PC

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Servers crushed and unable to login.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the forever ring

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Valkyrie + Crypto on the loading screen, does that mean they're doing a second Crypto town takeover?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crypto's current town takeover will take off like a giant flying saucer when he uses it, allowing him to fly it around the entire map

His true drone ability revealed

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Cefte posted:

post clip

my point of view. We don't realize who we rolled up on until we all die and see their names in the spectator view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fclXsIDMRs

his point of view (I didn't clip this cleanly and accidentally recorded my friends voice on this in the middle. half way through I skip ahead to him comparing our attack to getting mugged lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThNoXX5hEQ
I hung around his stream for a bit and it was very wholesome when he started getting lots of subs and told some story about his tiger mom giving him poo poo for being a streamer or something, but he seems like a really nice guy from the little bit I watched. I think he's ending S8 as #4 Apex Predator.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1389635644272652292

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdUuD_F2Q

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I save all my apex packs every season and open them all at the beginning of the next season. This season I got:

A Legendary Valk Skin
A Legendary Bocek Skin
A Heirloom(!!!!)

Season off to a p. great start, not going to lie

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

TIL Apex rolls the items when you open the pack

Other games roll the items when you get the pack/crate/whatever to deter hoarding them for later

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Revitalized posted:

me and my friends managed to climb into Diamond, and since there's no rank demotions, we've just been queuing in ranked to just... be kinda shitlords. We'll join a hot drop, locate someone who splits off from their party, and then all land on the guy and punch him to deathbox. Then we either hang around to fight or flee with our lives.

It's a bit of trolling on random poor sods but at the same time the trade off is that we're easy targets and basically 3 free RP kills/assists if someone manages to take us out.

Anyways, to cap off season 8, in one of our last games for the night, we unwittingly land on TSM ImperialHal's team (we are attracted to Predator trails) and mug the poo poo out of his teammate Baronful. We had a great time laughing about it, but then I went to go checkout Baronful's stream to grab his POV clip... but he turns out to be a wholesome streamer so now I have been converted into a fan.

Revitalized posted:

my point of view. We don't realize who we rolled up on until we all die and see their names in the spectator view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fclXsIDMRs

his point of view (I didn't clip this cleanly and accidentally recorded my friends voice on this in the middle. half way through I skip ahead to him comparing our attack to getting mugged lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThNoXX5hEQ
I hung around his stream for a bit and it was very wholesome when he started getting lots of subs and told some story about his tiger mom giving him poo poo for being a streamer or something, but he seems like a really nice guy from the little bit I watched. I think he's ending S8 as #4 Apex Predator.
Lol that's hilarious. And yeah Baron always seems pretty chill/non-toxic when I've watched him.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 4, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

So my early thoughts are if an Aim God gets the Bocek and the Marksmans Tempo hop-up, you're hosed. Unless you're the Aim God, of course, in which case: enjoy your 20 bomb.

TrixR4kids posted:

Lol that's hilarious. And yeah Baron always seems pretty chill/non-toxic when I've watched him.

"I got mugged...they probably stole one of my subs" this guy rules.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 4, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

repiv posted:

Other games roll the items when you get the pack/crate/whatever to deter hoarding them for later

The latter would no longer work once duplicate protection is added, I guess. It's probably easier to roll the whole loot box once you open it as opposed to check your whole cosmetics library for changes between when you got the loot box and decide to open it.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

repiv posted:

If I had to guess, it's because they also roll on the loot table in an unusual manner. Apex doesn't keep duplicate items in its loot pool. Other games will replace items that you already have with crafting materials, but Apex removes them entirely.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the spitfire may be bugged, sweet is testing it in the firing range and the recoil seems absurdly low

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I was already grinding my teeth waiting for my download to slug along, now I'm desperate to get in and Laser Beam people as Rampart before they fix it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I save all my apex packs every season and open them all at the beginning of the next season. This season I got:

A Legendary Valk Skin
A Legendary Bocek Skin
A Heirloom(!!!!)

Season off to a p. great start, not going to lie

I have opened so many packs in the lifetime of my playing this game and never seen heirlooms. A friend who hates this game got one like 50 packs in or something.

This game hates me and wants me to know it.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 4, 2021

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I managed to get in, but it wouldn't let me unlock Valk or the Battle Pass. The store recolor I was eligible for worked, though.

Tried out a match of Arenas and it switched me to Bangalore after I had already picked Revenant. My teammate said it did the same thing to him, switching from Octane to Pathfinder. But even worse it didn't give us a third. Which is just...are you loving kidding me?

After the match I couldn't access most of the main menu tabs so I figured I'll wait and come back later when things stabilize.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Looks like the NuMozambique is bugged and does crazy damage with the 2x.
Hits way harder than the EVA8 at 20-40 yards.

Edit: Noice!

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 4, 2021

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol hell yea patch is broken as hell

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Holy poo poo this season is great

I haven't died once and not a single lootbox has disappointed me

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Is anyone else's currency counter totally hosed? I got -9999 on everything lol

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah the backend is half-broken, it's possible to get into games but you can only play the base free legends because the profile stuff isn't working

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Getting plunked into pieces by the bocek feels like the worst experience in video games. A weapon I will never be good at that just deletes me in 3 seconds and can't even see or hear em.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The sky being different is really trippy.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure the projectile speed on the bow is faster than the Repeater

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Got to unlock Valkyrie, went into the Firing Range, used her tactical and suddenly was turned into Lifeline.

Just baffling.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Breaking so many things at such a highly anticipated player spike is quite a feat.

xtal posted:

I'm pretty sure the projectile speed on the bow is faster than the Repeater

Oh, 100%, it's insufferable.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

mcbexx posted:

Got to unlock Valkyrie, went into the Firing Range, used her tactical and suddenly was turned into Lifeline.

Just baffling.

poo poo with Legends is straight up broken right now - base characters only for the moment it seems. I also can't see my tokens, buy, or unlock anything...got into a couple rounds of Arena though! It was pretty fun overall, all games went clean sweep (0-3, 0-3, 3-0) so matchmaking is probably still struggling too. I definitely need to get a better sense for what weapons I'm most comfortable with...in case anyone didn't realize both the P-2020 and Moz are free so you should never be running with just one gun.

Bloodhound tactical seems super overpowered and, if you buy his Ult, that gives you three more scans for free. Anyone else got any best practices or recommendations for Arena?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

TracerBullet posted:

poo poo with Legends is straight up broken right now - base characters only for the moment it seems. I also can't see my tokens, buy, or unlock anything...got into a couple rounds of Arena though! It was pretty fun overall, all games went clean sweep (0-3, 0-3, 3-0) so matchmaking is probably still struggling too. I definitely need to get a better sense for what weapons I'm most comfortable with...in case anyone didn't realize both the P-2020 and Moz are free so you should never be running with just one gun.

Bloodhound tactical seems super overpowered and, if you buy his Ult, that gives you three more scans for free. Anyone else got any best practices or recommendations for Arena?

I think that nabbing the crafting materials is imperative, 200 free mats for your whole team per vat can really make a difference. I think upgrading the RE-45 to blue (for the 2x HCOG) is definitely good value for money. Having a Lifeline with the gold backpack is also VERY VERY handy!

edit: Also pay attention to what's coming up in the care package if you're low on funds or wanna beef up your utility instead of spending the mats on guns. The beek is real fun now and the P2020 hits hard enough to keep you afloat probably long enough until the package drops.

scuz fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 4, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God drat, the mozam is actually pretty good now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1389695530268168192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Valkyrie is REALLY fun. Not sure if she's good, but she's a blast to play.