Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

learnincurve posted:

For longevity a mass produced store bought sliced bread like hovis will win every time, it’s why you make small 400g loaves at home, eat fresh the first day and toast the next because after that it’s only good for breadcrumbs.

Hashtag breadfacts

breadcrumbs are good though useful for food or just go take a walk in the park, it's been too long since you've done that anyways, and feed the ducks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Pearnicious posted:

I didn't realize our bread was a dessert everywhere else in the world until a few years ago. Nutrition and education around it is SO hosed in the US. We learned the "food pyramid" in elementary school and holy poo poo it's no wonder we're all fat diabetic sacks of poo poo.

I lived in Singapore and they also have sugar bread. They have the second highest diabetes rate in the developed world iirc.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm shocked that the factory made bread with added preservatives lasts longer, almost as if it has some extra ingredients to assist its preservation

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have a breadmaker and every time I make bread in it it tastes better than storebought because it takes like an hour to prep and I'm damned if I'm admitting to myself it was a waste of time

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I guess my post was too clever for the thread cause no one got it.
I will act dumber in future.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Quizzlefish posted:

I grew up in a tough part of London and once had a knife pulled on me by someone demanding my Pokémon cards. (I didn't have any)

Did he pokemon you with his knife

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

I have a breadmaker and every time I make bread in it it tastes better than storebought because it takes like an hour to prep and I'm damned if I'm admitting to myself it was a waste of time

? an hour to cook or an hour to get the ingredients in the bread pan?

In the first case that’s the fast bake setting and it’s universally rubbish, you want the long 3-4 hour setting, should be a increase time button so you can put the ingredients in the pan before bed to rest them overnight and you wake up to bread.

if it’s the second thing then use a set of salter scales with the zero/reset button and add ingredients directly to the pan going yeast, flour, sugar, oil/butter and then salt.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I had to order a new basket for my ninja today because it fell on the floor and damaged the Teflon. cast iron would have shattered into pieces, really makes you think.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

learnincurve posted:

? an hour to cook or an hour to get the ingredients in the bread pan?

In the first case that’s the fast bake setting and it’s universally rubbish, you want the long 3-4 hour setting, should be a increase time button so you can put the ingredients in the pan before bed to rest them overnight and you wake up to bread.

if it’s the second thing then use a set of salter scales with the zero/reset button and add ingredients directly to the pan going yeast, flour, sugar, oil/butter and then salt.

"an hour to prep"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fumble posted:

I had to order a new basket for my ninja today because it fell on the floor and damaged the Teflon. cast iron would have shattered into pieces, really makes you think.

Cast iron would have just destroyed your floor

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

OhsH posted:

"an hour to prep"

Honestly, it shouldn’t with a bread maker, which is why I assume something has gone a bit wrong somewhere. :)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Brits spending 18 hours to bake some bread to go next to their boiled horse meat smh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lando Norris DOTD

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Honestly, it shouldn’t with a bread maker, which is why I assume something has gone a bit wrong somewhere. :)

Yeah its tc, hes not exactly #blessed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Lando Norris DOTD

dawn of the dead remake ft lando norris?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Here’s the bread if anyone is interested

idgi - where is the tomato?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Fumble posted:

Username / post combo, lmao

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Ants posted:

Lando Norris DOTD

You stay the gently caress away from my man Checo.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I have a breadmaker but I mostly use it to make pizza dough that's my breadmaker story

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I have a friend who does the same, and I don't get it because when I make pizza I make a lot (like 20) because once I have made the sauce and got the stone hot I can crank through them really quickly and they freeze and reheat so well. So I need a lot of dough, more than a breadmaker can produce. Also kneading it by hand is not hard or slow, and the slower you ferment the dough the better the taste. I can see the convenience, but it doesn't fit my use care, and is therefore WRONG

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In the US (and I think Canada too) they have stores that will sell you already made pizza

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

$5 hot n ready baby. poo poo owns. By which you’ll be owned by how much you’ll have to poo poo after too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

your friend wicka posted:

In the US (and I think Canada too) they have stores that will sell you already made pizza

there's a place called pie five that lets you put as many toppings as you want on a pizza and they'll cook it right there

concessions are made for time so it's closer to NY style than a real pizza but unlike little caesars you don't get horrible stabbing pains in your abdomen

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Do you think America has an unhealthy relationship with fast food?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Pearnicious posted:

America is fast food

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

our greatest athlete is this lady https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Schuyler

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 5, 2021

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

"In October 2012, she won the Pig Wings Challenge at Starsky's in Omaha, Nebraska"

what nascar race was that?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

dawn of the dead remake ft lando norris?

George can start in the remake of child's play

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
One day I would like to travel to America to sample their world famous "little caesars" pizza

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Quizzlefish posted:

I grew up in a tough part of London and once had a knife pulled on me by someone demanding my Pokémon cards. (I didn't have any)

I'm guessing Walthamstow or Streatham, am I close?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Not at all what I was expecting

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

quote:

In early 2014, Schuyler broke the 72 ounces (2.0 kg) steak eating world record, having eaten it in 2 minutes and 44 seconds at Sayler's Old Country Kitchen in Portland, Oregon.[10] The prior record at that restaurant was 12 minutes and 53 seconds. The prior world record was 6 minutes 38 seconds.

jfc

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Get in there Roman!

And by in there, I mean a Mercedes F1 car at the French GP!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...XxTCch9llk.html

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Get in there Roman!

And by in there, I mean a Mercedes F1 car at the French GP!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...XxTCch9llk.html

“He enjoyed a long and successful F1 career and we wanted to make sure that his final memories would be at the wheel of a championship-winning car. "

looks like they're planning to have Lewis drive it remotely

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pearnicious posted:

Man I wanna watch their sex tape

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Diorama posted:

One day I would like to travel to America to sample their world famous "little caesars" pizza

If you never get here, just try eating the shoes after Ricciardo drinks from it. Tastes the same.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

daslog posted:

If you never get here, just try eating the shoes after Ricciardo drinks from it. Tastes the same.

gently caress off, lil tsars is great

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

italian quid posted:

gently caress off, lil tsars is great

TheBacon posted:

$5 hot n ready baby. poo poo owns. By which you’ll be owned by how much you’ll have to poo poo after too

FAUXTON posted:

horrible stabbing pains in your abdomen

All of these statements are true and legitimate.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Admittedly I’ve only had little caesars like maybe 3 times in a decade but I don’t recall any massive gastrointestinal distress after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

You have to go full send and devour an order of crazy bread or an entire pizza by yourself. Only then will you begin to understand the ways of the gluttonous American.

Louie CK said it best: "I don't stop eating when I'm full, I stop when I hate myself."