Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/gaysex420/status/1389420728848683017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

New discourse just dropped

probably one for the username thread, but

steak-cumms

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

man I hate this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

is it supposed to be saying something? i feel like it's either supposed to be saying something, or just jiggle physics in the middle for clicks

THS
Sep 15, 2017

its saying stuff sucks. which is true

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Breakfast All Day posted:

probably one for the username thread, but

steak-cumms

Well morally inept already got used

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

THS posted:

its saying stuff sucks. which is true

that poor scorpio babby

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that poor scorpio babby

The shaking your baby tik tok challenge.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

shook rear end nate syndrome

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i thought glamping was having a cooler and a chair

doing everything wrong!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When you think about it, it's really insane how it's more acceptable by the society to gently caress a cooked chicken than to gently caress a living chicken.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Inspector Hound posted:

Look I'm going to get to eat them or have sex with them, one or the other, you can pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6vFAUCcjg

Fast forward to 1:16

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

nj king

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's OK to shake a baby a little bit.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/emily_hoeven/status/1389627660800729089

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Lib and let die posted:

is it supposed to be saying something? i feel like it's either supposed to be saying something, or just jiggle physics in the middle for clicks

ok boomer B)

Gripweed posted:

It's OK to shake a baby a little bit.

if a baby is moved more than six millimeters in any direction in a short period of time it becomes a liberal

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

i openly admit that i'm one of the dumbest fuckers i know

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

what a beautiful family

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

idk probably but it's not like cops prevent or do anything about that anyway

it was a little tent city full of unhoused people in a park surrounded by people offering basic medical care, free food/water, and various leftist orgs & POC giving talks. at times during the day it felt like a music festival, at night it entered the cool zone. people tried setting up gardens for long-term use but i don't think anyone thought it would ever become a permanent space. it always felt like a weird in-between space trying to figure itself out. like everything, the news made it sound like some wild, scary thing when it was just a park where roving murder gangs weren't welcome. i had lunch at a ramen place inside ~the zone~. terrifying!

lmfao whats a few black teen murders between friends. we're a bit quirky and still trying to figure ourselves out uwu

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
how are you going to mention the gardens without showing the pic of the racially segregated cardboard planting zone

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
guy doesn't joke about shaken baby syndrome it's a real thing with real consequences

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/shaken-baby-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20366619

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

guy doesn't joke about shaken baby syndrome it's a real thing with real consequences

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953953&userid=216222

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

paul_soccer12 posted:

how are you going to mention the gardens without showing the pic of the racially segregated cardboard planting zone

I remember people in C-SPAM seriously trying to defend that as good gardening practices.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

We've been hacked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k0LjAdPvOg

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 20:54 on May 4, 2021

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
thats not a shaken baby, thats a stirred baby

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Junpei posted:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/shaken-baby-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20366619

ArmZ posted:

shook rear end nate syndrome

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I remember people in C-SPAM seriously trying to defend that as good gardening practices.

I think you do have to put something down to smother the grass, but uh, i dont know if thats a good way to do it and i feel like you would definitely need a lot more soil on top.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

paul_soccer12 posted:

lmfao whats a few black teen murders between friends. we're a bit quirky and still trying to figure ourselves out uwu

woah woah the pictures clearly show "free snac" and antiracist bananas, can't be all bad

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

post your own free snacks bitch

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Gripweed posted:

I built a few raised beds for my mom last year and put down a base layer of cardboard and it worked really well -- no weeds at all, plants did great, etc etc

I'm just defending the use of cardboard like that in general, though, not the chaz style of a bunch of amazon boxes with a light dusting of topsoil for the 10 for $10 home depot herb seedlings

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

It's a valid gardening method but one windstorm too early on and whoop, there goes your garden, up into the sky. The more soil the better.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I built a few raised beds for my mom last year and put down a base layer of cardboard and it worked really well -- no weeds at all, plants did great, etc etc

I'm just defending the use of cardboard like that in general, though, not the chaz style of a bunch of amazon boxes with a light dusting of topsoil for the 10 for $10 home depot herb seedlings

it also works in garden beds

the stuff'll compost down in around a year or so though so you've also gotta mulch on top of the soil, and yeah like you said you sure as poo poo shouldn't be seeing any of the cardboard beneath the soil, much less the mulch

iirc that chaz dumbass responsible tried defending it as "not intended as a long term setup" or something lol

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
what's with raised beds anyway, is it illegal to dig into the actual ground?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

most soil in the us is full of toxic poo poo so if you're planning on eating anything grown in it you use raised beds with tested soil

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

human garbage bag posted:

what's with raised beds anyway, is it illegal to dig into the actual ground?

Ground soil in cities tend to be extremely toxic.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
The idea of setting up a garden, which takes months to grow anything at a protest is the real issue. I stand by the fact that the CHAZ was an example of wreckers and plants taking down what little we can do, and that ~party discipline~ tank nerds simply haven't done enough to attract a critical mass of libs.

That said, I hope that people will be more suspicious at the next cop killing mass protests.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
also it's more convenient to have everything a little closer to waist level, especially if you're getting older and your knees aren't really up to all the gardening you want to do

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

most soil in the us is full of toxic poo poo so if you're planning on eating anything grown in it you use raised beds with tested soil

specifically, lead

aerially deposited lead from leaded gasoline is a common one, though there's plenty of other sources since it's not like lead breaks down

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hydrophonics > all other methods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
yeah cardboard is great for smothering weeds and grass, but you'd need to cover it with like 3 inches of compacted soil and ideally have some borders to keep it from spilling out.

it's how I planted these sunflowers.