Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If we get $4.5 million tonight, we'll get 8 shorts.

As announced by Not Mike on the livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

hopeandjoy posted:

If we get $4.5 million tonight, we'll get 8 shorts.

As announced by Not Mike on the livestream.

$4.25 million.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The update clarified that it's 8 classic shorts, not new ones.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Gizmoplex is yet another streaming subscription to pay for, right?

no!*

*yes

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
EPSTEIN
DIDN'T
KILL HIMSELF

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

TL posted:

EPSTEIN
DIDN'T
KILL HIMSELF

Yo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

You didn't want it hard enough, I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Over $4.2mil raised

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm very excited for more Ed Wynn content.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Two Wynn enter, one Wynn leaves!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I poo poo in this bag and leave it outside Joel's house.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Tour cast is going to win off this Ed Wynn.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Etherium Cleghorn

manero
Jan 30, 2006

That Ed Wynn bit cracked me up

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
2 taco, 3 taco, 4 taco...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Following the show like I have for over 20 years, there's a part of me that feels like I knew the original cast a little bit. These streams have helped be get to know the new cast better, which is a really good thing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No it's bad
Everything bad
They better be Netflix 9000!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
All this hemming and hawing about the KS and all I can think about is what happened to Dr. Erhardt in the intervening years. In my head he escaped from under Dr. F's thumb and ended up growing up into literally just J. Elvis and now he's the ultra suave and unflappable king of the mad science scene. Like the complete opposite of Kinga.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just want Frank and son to pal around

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$4.25mil goal reached, 8 classic shorts coming

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
We got the eight shorts! :toot:

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
It won't hit the backer goal for t-shirt designs (which, honestly, who really cared about that one) -- but it already blew past the financial goal of 4.25 mil for the day.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

They will just have to throw any deisgns past the first one away!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Junkie Disease posted:

They will just have to throw any deisgns past the first one away!

I watched Tee KO, they were all destroyed when they didn't win.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

All this hemming and hawing about the KS and all I can think about is what happened to Dr. Erhardt in the intervening years. In my head he escaped from under Dr. F's thumb and ended up growing up into literally just J. Elvis and now he's the ultra suave and unflappable king of the mad science scene. Like the complete opposite of Kinga.

did you watch season 12?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EricFate posted:

It won't hit the backer goal for t-shirt designs

Per the last update on the Kickstarter, that goal is until the end of Wednesday's livestream. Today's Monday

So they have at least 48 hours (possibly a few hours longer depending on how long that stream goes) to get 1865 more backers. Not a guarantee still of course, but days ago we had some people thinking $4mil total would be a struggle

Never underestimate demand for more MST3K. The one lesson that should be learned from the last 6 years

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Erhardt escaped the giant spider, duh

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Breadallelogram posted:

did you watch season 12?

...Nnnnnnope! :blush:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

...Nnnnnnope! :blush:

It may answer some questions for you!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Catching up on some of the livestreaming events and I like the touring cast even more, they seem like they're having a great time together.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I kinda low key love how there was so much chatter during Gamera vs. Guiron that it took until about halfway through the movie before anyone realized they were mispronouncing "Guiron."

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Chris James 2 posted:

So they have at least 48 hours (possibly a few hours longer depending on how long that stream goes) to get 1865 more backers. Not a guarantee still of course, but days ago we had some people thinking $4mil total would be a struggle

Ok, that seems more likely. Having the event from last night broadcast out on the 'Jackbox' Twitch channel rather than the MST3K channel helped pull in some new sets of eyes -- but it probably needs one last media push to find the few remaining humans on earth who were fans -- yet still somehow unaware of the new Kickstarter. It feels like word of mouth has gone as far as it can.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

23,000 backers still feels like a low number to me.

I don’t know how much of it is existing fans not knowing about the Kickstarter versus those just not caring to donate for whatever reason. Or maybe I’m just vastly overestimating the size of the fan base.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The 2015 campaign attracted 48270 backers, for those wanting to compare the two

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Most seemed like the last day

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I’ve been quick to point out how good the numbers are whenever anyone seems pessimistic, but it is true that this one has lagged behind the last Kickstarter in the number of backers. It’ll get a lot more in the last couple days, but I do expect it to finish well short of the last one in that regard. The people who have backed are generally giving more than last time.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
For what it's worth, the total got a $25k bump several minutes ago. We're past $4.3M and closing on $4.4M now, so 9 episodes are just about in the bag.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 4, 2021

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Most seemed like the last day

Looks like 15,000 or so pledged in the final few days last time.

If they get 8-10,000 more this time that will be great. If it’s more like 3-4,000 that may make sustaining the Gizmoplex harder.

The last campaign had more hype, but also had the advantage of not offering “more of the same.” Plus a number of people seem to only want to fund once, not keep fundraising for every season.

As a side note, looks like the Rifftrax liveshow Kickstarters end up being around a quarter-million per movie. That suggests 4 shows for $1 million is repeatedly sustainable for them. Of course, they make more money via selling tickets, too. Without knowing all the numbers, it’s hard to guess how sustainable a yearly Kickstarter might be for MST3K, but I think Rifftrax’s business model of providing a steady product and then Kickstarting a “bonus” live show or two works better for keeping support.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A little over $60k away from the 9-ep goal. Should be reached during tonight's livestream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Johnny Crawford has died (apologies if this has already been posted; just now seeing it)

https://decider.com/2021/04/30/johnny-crawford-rifleman-actor-dies/

'Lucas McCain, that's his kid'

'Be careful what you wish fooooooor'

:(

We just watched Village of the Giants a couple of weekends ago (I'm a bona fide Beau Brummels fan, much to Mr Boods' chagrin).