Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
imo more or less all forums on this website have a good mix of relatively normal people, complete psychopaths, people with crippling personal issues, and people who are bizarrely arrogant despite having no clear reason to be.

Games is no exception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

imo more or less all forums on this website have a good mix of relatively normal people, complete psychopaths, people with crippling personal issues, and people who are bizarrely arrogant despite having no clear reason to be.

Games is no exception

this is the sign of an established and reasonably welcoming community anywhere on the internet

you cannot hope to keep the insane people and narcissists out on the internet, this is their home turf, a world built for them. You can only strive to achieve some kind of homeostasis before the conflict between the sane and insane causes the project to implode

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

etalian posted:

Lmao has the same vibe of when CDPR sent out official letters telling people to get Sony/Playstation stores to take of the refund processing.

Sony got so pissed off by fiasco that they banned the game from the Playstation store.

is it still banned?? i haven't heard about cp2077 in months

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
its never showing back up lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its just not able to run without crashing a base ps4.

they will make a ps5 version soon and sell that probably but the last gen version is gonna take a lot more workand millions of buyers who didnt refund are in the lurch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

never mind people who don't know the hoopla who are buying physical copies

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I loved Subnautica and I snapped and played Below Zero in early access in November - got to the point where the not-yet-finished-content cracks were showing then shelved it. It's really good imo, just as good as the first one although I do miss the Cyclops (as nice as the Sea Truck is). Can't wait to play it properly in a couple weeks when it launches for real, it's taken a lot of willpower not to reinstall it and just play the slightly newer version that they put out in February or whatever.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Only thing I wish they put in Subnautica was a way to search your inventory like they have in Minecraft mods. I had a ton of lockers filled with stuff and I kept missing resources cause I could only go by the little icons and the mouseover text.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

Only thing I wish they put in Subnautica was a way to search your inventory like they have in Minecraft mods. I had a ton of lockers filled with stuff and I kept missing resources cause I could only go by the little icons and the mouseover text.

I never got into the modding scene but I think this mod actually did/does exist, I think it's per base and per vehicle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Casey Finnigan posted:

inventory management in subnautica is just a pain overall, you get a tiny inventory, base building in BZ seems like it takes forever to get enough resources because of limited inventory, and then having a bunch of lockers trying to get where is what is annoying. but yeah i think there's mods for this that also lets you craft directly pulling in from lockers. really should be built into the game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Main thing I missed was the Cyclops, specifically the ability to fill it with like 50 lockers and a botanical gardens and full bedroom suite and never need to actually ever use a normal base again

The Sea Truck is nice but ultimately reliant on a proper base

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i think they wanted people to use more Outpost base design in BZ since the map is smaller overall and doesn't take (too) long to get around, but the problem is setting up each individual outpost base just takes gobs adn gobs of resources in an very annoying korean mmo grindy sort of way. hell just getting one base setup was a lot of scavenging

i ended up just cheat-commanding in some resources because god drat

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

i think they wanted people to use more Outpost base design in BZ since the map is smaller overall and doesn't take (too) long to get around, but the problem is setting up each individual outpost base just takes gobs adn gobs of resources in an very annoying korean mmo grindy sort of way. hell just getting one base setup was a lot of scavenging

i ended up just cheat-commanding in some resources because god drat

Resource finder helped a lot, I had outposts but they were basically just like, a tube and some thermal or a solar and maybe a scanning room or whatever the area required. I used to keep a mobile base in a special locker in the original and I'd just deploy it as needed. Never really felt a resource crunch while playing, my horrible luck was in finding fragments. The very last thing I unlocked was the grav ball lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I liked the mode they added in the last big Terraria update where once you’ve collected a certain amount of an item the game is like “ok that’s enough” and lets you add it to a master list of items that you can just mass-produce at will

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
holy crap lois
brad, vinny and alex leaving giantbomb

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I also love how casual spoilers get dropped here and nobody flips out which is not the case in games

if i were still ik i would probe for disco elysium spoilers and when epic high five says dark souls is bad but nothing else

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

dark souls is good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

Goons should I do ng+ on dark souls 3 :ohdear:

you should and should also keep dried finger and way of blue active at all times, which is the ultimate way to play dark souls

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:34 on May 4, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

holy crap lois

Yeah it's crazy. F to giant bomb

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

if i were still ik i would probe for disco elysium spoilers and when epic high five says dark souls is bad but nothing else

would I still be able to say Mega Man is bad and that everybody who likes it is over 35 and has 90's bad game stockholm syndrome

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic Games Store is a MESS

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

dark souls is good

the gamers most heavily invested in the "dark souls community" are extremely loving weird

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Giant bomb is over lol.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

would I still be able to say Mega Man is bad and that everybody who likes it is over 35 and has 90's bad game stockholm syndrome

i'd probe for it occasionally but not every time because the bad game stockholm syndrome part is funny

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Giant bomb is over lol.

Thank god

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

is the idea that the original mega man is bad (which is true) or that all mega mans are bad (which is absurd)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

i'd probe for it occasionally but not every time because the bad game stockholm syndrome part is funny

Harsh but fair

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/1389650906237390850

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i finally beat taurus demon using only half a ddr pad, a mango, and a soggy paper starbucks straw as a controller while jumping up and down on one foot spinning in a circle and reciting the maiden's prayer from demon's souls, my autism is cured!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Honest Thief posted:

holy crap lois

i thought it had died when ryan did

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Xaris posted:

i thought it had died when ryan did

it was a major blow but it still kept on trucking along but past couple of years were rough
and now it seems like they got fed up with corporate poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
rip to the guy who thought egg whites were egg shells

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zokari posted:

is the idea that the original mega man is bad (which is true) or that all mega mans are bad (which is absurd)

All of them. It's like an AC\DC song, you either like them all or hate them all because they're all 99% identical

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

lol I love how much of internet nerd culture is just insecure men hardcore posting through their body image and social interaction issues

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

stockholm syndrome isn't real, it was made up by the cops

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

All of them. It's like an AC\DC song, you either like them all or hate them all because they're all 99% identical

ridiculous

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zokari posted:

ridiculous

ac/dc themselves said it after their early 2000's album release. "if you're looking for a new sound, you're listening to the wrong band."

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Honest Thief posted:

holy crap lois

rip giant bomb. still lolling at the peeps in the giant bomb thread who got mad if anyone voiced any disappointment about the complete lack of energy the last year or so. parasocial relations be weird like that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Augus posted:

stockholm syndrome isn't real, it was made up by the cops

It's a real thing they used incorrectly. If you believe otherwise I'm here to tell you that Lawnmower Man was a very good game that my brain believes I enjoyed a lot to this very day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Teem Sneed

Formally Team Chuck