Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So, who exactly is Omega a clone of? As far as I remember all of the Jango clones were male (also I wouldn’t be surprised if she turns out to be force sensitive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Larryb posted:

So, who exactly is Omega a clone of? As far as I remember all of the Jango clones were male (also I wouldn’t be surprised if she turns out to be force sensitive)

There's no reason to believe they can't have just changed a Y chromosome to an X chromosome to make Omega a female clone. When you look at the process of making a clone, that part seems like it would be the easy part, if anything.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

There's no reason to believe they can't have just changed a Y chromosome to an X chromosome to make Omega a female clone. When you look at the process of making a clone, that part seems like it would be the easy part, if anything.

True. I forget, is this the first time we’ve seen a female clone?

Also is this series by the same creative team behind Clone Wars and Rebels? Don’t remember if they had anything to do with Resistance though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 4, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Larryb posted:

True. I forget, is this the first time we’ve seen a female clone?

Also is this series by the same creative team behind Clone Wars and Rebels? Don’t remember if they had anything to do with Resistance though.

I believe so. On both counts. And Resistance was mostly different people. At least Filoni wasn't involved much in that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

I believe so. On both counts. And Resistance was mostly different people. At least Filoni wasn't involved much in that.

That would explain a lot about Resistance then. Good to see the old team back on another project

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cross-Section posted:

Calling it now, Kaminoans are totally getting Vader'd

Nah, they also changed Cobb Vanth's backstory from Aftermath around a bit for Mando S2. (edit: also TCW S7 had a completely different depiction of the Siege of Mandalore than what was in the Ahsoka book)

Honestly they probably should just reestablish the canon tiers, it's super clear that movies/shows take precedence over everything else at this point.

As an old SW fan I learned long ago that canon means nothing if a SW story is in print (book or comic) and only matters if it's committed to film. Take any them as entertainment but do not expect any longevity to how it actually effects any timelines.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Without explicit spoilers, does Hunter get more to do in t his episode than in the debut arc from clone wars? I really liked the idea of his special talent, but he ended up being a nothingburger of a character in S7 Clone Wars

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

Without explicit spoilers, does Hunter get more to do in t his episode than in the debut arc from clone wars? I really liked the idea of his special talent, but he ended up being a nothingburger of a character in S7 Clone Wars

He's good. I didn't like the S7 Bad Batch episodes. This, and Hunter in it, are both good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My theory about Omega she is a clone of a Jedi. She's shown abilites that are beyond just hightened senses and innate physical abilities. Which Jedi is the question

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

jivjov posted:

From what I have seen, Hunter is essentially the main character

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

He and Crosshair definitely get the most characterization in the premiere, with Wrecker and Tech still pretty shallow so far.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Spookydonut posted:

Also the deserter from CW season 2

Also prediction:

Omega is force sensitive with minor precog powers.

That would be my guess as well Part Jango clone mixed in with some jedi DNA. But she doesnt have full jedi level powers.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

My theory about Omega she is a clone of a Jedi. She's shown abilites that are beyond just hightened senses and innate physical abilities. Which Jedi is the question

Bring it full circle with the Mandalorian and have her be a female clone of Tarre Vizsla

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That was a good premiere. Good enough to lock me in when I came into it with zero interest. Nice one, Filoni.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I wonder if Omega is a prototype clone for a secret kaminoan army.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Not really feeling all the speculation that Omega is force sensitive/cloned from Jango and a Jedi or whatever else. That seems too rote. I'd hope Filoni would come up with something more interesting than that for her.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

thelaughingman posted:

I wonder if Omega is a prototype clone for a secret kaminoan army.

I'd been wondering why they haven't been trying to defend themselves in some way or another, such as that or their own Order 66-like safeguard

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Omega is obviously a clone of some kind and I look forward to figuring out how she is different.

I really love how Omega has a strong kiwi accent either forced to fit in with the clones or just as a result of growing up around the clones.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Spookydonut posted:

Omega is obviously a clone of some kind and I look forward to figuring out how she is different.

I really love how Omega has a strong kiwi accent either forced to fit in with the clones or just as a result of growing up around the clones.

You don't need to spoiler that. It was explicitly said by Tech on Onderon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently this episode retconned Kanan’s origin story a bit for some reason (though to be fair I’m not sure how canon the comics are supposed to be):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5nzgY52TwNQ

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 5, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spookydonut posted:

Yea the actor is from NZ, excellent continuity on the accents you're right. That means adult Omega can be played by Frankie Adams in a blond wig.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Spookydonut posted:

Omega is obviously a clone of some kind.

Tech explicitly say this in the episode and his dialogue pokes a bit of fun during that narrative beat, saying he thought it was obvious she was like them. Her backstory is what locked my interest beyond the premiere.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Biomes is something I never knew I wanted and now want a lot more of

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cross-Section posted:

Biomes is something I never knew I wanted and now want a lot more of

I haven't watched that but I watched the flybys, they really could have added some narration explaining what we're seeing.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I haven't watched that but I watched the flybys, they really could have added some narration explaining what we're seeing.

Wait, I think that might be it. The long, Soarin'-type shots of Hoth, Tatooine, the rice-paddy planet from Mando, Mustafar (my favorite), Crait and Ahch-to?

Or are you talking about the Falcon and Star Destroyer walkthroughs?

Either way, I actually dig how the presentation is so abstract and atmospheric. Like a Star Wars ASMR.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 5, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cross-Section posted:

Wait, I think that might be it. The long, Soarin'-type shots of Hoth, Tatooine, the rice-paddy planet from Mando, Mustafar (my favorite), Crait and Ahch-to?

Or are you talking about the Falcon and Star Destroyer walkthroughs?

Either way, I actually dig how the presentation is so abstract and atmospheric. Like a Star Wars ASMR.

Yea the one about the ships. Like this is cool but some context would be nice.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I've been rewatching Legends of Tomorrow recently, and I can't help but wonder if Dee Bradley Baker took inspiration for Wrecker and Crosshair from Dominic Purcell's Heatwave and especially Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold, respectively.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea the one about the ships. Like this is cool but some context would be nice.

The context is chill fly overs of Star Wars locations. There, enjoy.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Who was the dead Jedi carried out on a stretcher?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Georgia Peach posted:

They cloned Shaak-Ti so they could kill her twice

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
It seemed real obvious to me that Omega is supposed to be the last of the enhanced Jango clones to be produced - hence the name, accent, and her still being a child. Plus it's heavily implied by Nala Se that Omega isn't just an enhanced clone, but is specifically affiliated with Clone Force 99.

She definitely has more going on with her though. My personal theory is Nala Se has hidden classified evidence about Order 66 within her to use as a bargaining chip against the Empire, and she's programmed to release it when triggered. Alternatively (or additionally), she may contain a backup of all the Kaminoans' medical knowledge in case their facility/society is wiped out.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Georgia Peach posted:

No one knows. Might just a rando to drive home the point that it wasn't just the clones on Kaller. It's not Shaak Ti because she was on Coruscant at the time, and also the hand looks like it's green or yellow maybe?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Radio! posted:

No one knows. Might just a rando to drive home the point that it wasn't just the clones on Kaller. It's not Shaak Ti because she was on Coruscant at the time, and also the hand looks like it's green or yellow maybe?

There's some screencaps here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thebadbatch/comments/n4i346/the_bad_batch_s01e01_discussion_thread/gwx089v

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Seems awfully ballsy of Tarkin to barge in on Kamino and say "actually Empire is a different state so we can just stop respecting all preceding agreements if we want to :smugdon:", dude they have a switch to your only (for the foreseeable future) armed force. May as well go on space twitter and complain about sad and weak Kamino partners.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 5, 2021

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

fatherboxx posted:

Seems awfully ballsy of Tarkin to barge in on Kamino and say "actually Empire is a different state so we can just stop respecting all preceding agreements if we want to :smugdon:", dude they have a switch to your only (for the foreseeable future) armed force. May as well go on space twitter and complain about sad and weak Kamino partners.
Tarkin doesn't give a gently caress

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
Not to kick a hornet's nest here, but why is Caleb Dume white? Like, that took me out more than the voice or the changes to the backstory.

Seeing some of the reactions online to the old canon debate makes me honestly glad that Favreau & Filoni put a stop to all Mandalorian novels until they are done with their version of the story. It will hopefully curb some of the debating.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Natroga posted:

Not to kick a hornet's nest here, but why is Caleb Dume white? Like, that took me out more than the voice or the changes to the backstory.

Caleb Dume / Kanan Jarrus has always been white/pink though?

https://www.google.com/search?q=kan...iw=1440&bih=683

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Natroga posted:

I never saw him as anything other than white. Not trying to start an argument, genuinely curious, what did you see Caleb as?

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I never saw him as anything other than white. Not trying to start an argument, genuinely curious, what did you see Caleb as?

Adult Kanan seemed darker-skinned to me in Rebels. Maybe it was just the snow reflection making him seem lighter, something just bugged me, idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yeah, I didn’t think child Caleb looked out of the ordinary compared to adult Kanan from Rebels either. The appearance and voice were instantly recognizable to who it was supposed to be.