Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paramecium looking overcooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

...a FEW bowls?

I'm the kid left to supervise their own breakfast who never goes for seconds.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Seconds would imply two. A few bowls implies diabetes.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Ziv Zulander posted:

I tried putting coffee creamer in coke once. It was okay. Not bad but not something I’d try again. Tasted vaguely ice creamish at least

The real thing that freaks people out when I do it is hot sauce in the coffee

I mixed up the cinnamon and cayenne pepper shakers once and put some in my coffee, it was surprisingly good. Cayenne is also good in chocolate so it makes sense.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Seconds would imply two. A few bowls implies diabetes.
I eat three bowls at a time but just so I can use up the cereal milk cause I won't drink it. I'm not being fat, I'm avoiding food waste.

Granted I'm doing it with Uncle Sam cereal so I'm really shooting myself in the rear end.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I pile on the candy; it's such a pretty sight!
It makes the food taste dandy but my tummy hurts all night!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Brawnfire posted:

Super pumped about the Helper in this thread

I should have waited two more minutes because then the sauce set enough to leave the pan nice and clean after sliding the spatula through. Here it's still a little runny.

Annie's Pizza Mac that was on closeout with ground turkey, diced tomatoes and green onions.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
school lunch specials

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
a few more school lunch goodies

Hip Dippers®

KFC Famous Bowl
School Lunch Infamous Bowl

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Poopelyse posted:

a few more school lunch goodies

KFC Famous Bowl
School Lunch Infamous Bowl

I remember making those all the time in middle school.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Saw this on my FB feed:

quote:

Sandwich tip:
Tomato sandwiches

2 slices of rye bread
1 tomato
margarine

Wash the tomato and slice it. Spread the margarine on the bread slices and place the tomato slices on top. Eat as a breakfast for example after skiing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
tomato sandwiches are good, goodxcellent even

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Hempuli posted:

Saw this on my FB feed:

needs pepper

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I like the idea of the tomato sandwich but then the mayo and tomato juice dribbles into a globby pink mess on the plate and grosses me out.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gotta scoop out all the tomato slime before making the sammich.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tomato sando is delicious but who needs a recipe for one. Really weird.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

hallo spacedog posted:

Tomato sando is delicious but who needs a recipe for one. Really weird.

Yeah, I linked it mainly because of the not-great photo and the need to explain how to combine bread, tomato, and margarine. (Also I'd definitely add something more in there!)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Gotta scoop out all the tomato slime before making the sammich.

It was only after realizing that tomato slime was the thing I didn't like about tomatoes that I was able to eat a proper club sandwich

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Sorry but the slime is a must.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
A “classic” American tomato sandwich is made a from big thick slices of a Big Boy or Beefsteak tomato, seeds and slime intact.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Salt, pepper and maybe some balsamic, it's good!

Probably hard to find good tomatoes in Finland though.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hempuli posted:

Saw this on my FB feed:

Päulä Hättideenen recommends deep-frying it in butter after.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Any flat sandwich is improved by frying, but with mayo. Don't knock it till you try it, better crisp than butter and doesn't change the flavour profile of the sandwich like butter does. You don't even taste the mayo.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Any flat sandwich is improved by frying, but with mayo. Don't knock it till you try it, better crisp than butter and doesn't change the flavour profile of the sandwich like butter does. You don't even taste the mayo.

This is true. You can also add a little bit of butter in the pan for that buttery bread taste if so desired.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Back in the tail end of last century I got a BLT from pret and on my first bite the tomato squirted me in the eye. It was my first, and oddly enough still only, sandwich boycott being that I've not bought a BLT in 20 odd years now. gently caress you tomatoes, I'll stick with a BL in future

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Eat as a breakfast after skiing" is the highlight of that

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hempuli posted:

Saw this on my FB feed:

There is only one proper way to eat tomatoes with bread

quote:

Toast the bread: As mentioned above, it’s important that the bread be nice and crispy for the tomatoes and garlic to “grate” well on top of it. So slice the bread nice and thin. Then pop it in the toaster (or you can do a big batch in the oven) until it is nice and toasty and golden.

Rub the garlic. Next, slice an unpeeled garlic clove in half. Then rub the clove all over the surface of the bread. I love the flavor of raw garlic on this bread, so I tend to add a lot here. But heads up — raw garlic is spicy! So if you’re not a big fan of garlic, I suggest going light on this step to begin.

Rub the tomato. Next, slice a juicy ripe tomato in half. Then rub the tomato (cut side down) all over the surface of the bread, being sure to squeeze out lots of the rind.

Drizzle the oil. Next, add a quick drizzle of good-quality olive oil to the top of the bread.

Sprinkle with salt. However much you prefer, to taste.

And…serve. Right away! Tomato bread can go soggy quickly. So serve it up ideally while they bread is still warm and crispy right out of the toaster. And enjoy!!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This is exactly why you use butter.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So much rubbing in that recipe, I feel really uncomfortable

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It came from Aldi:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Iron Crowned posted:

It came from Aldi:

assuming it actually tastes like elote, i'm totally fine with that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Iron Crowned posted:

It came from Aldi:

you gotta add mayo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It is I who posts "would" today

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am always entertained that elote, which could be a very reasonable loan word, must be translated to "street corn." My hip corn, from the street.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

It came from Aldi:

We actually have a pizza place here that does a great elote topping pizza. Its delicious. No mayonnaise tho. Just roasted corn and rajas

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
ok, stuffed crust pizza, but it's stuffed with corn.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Before:

After:

Verdict:
It's delicious, and I'm going to demolish this pizza, loose corn and all

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

I am always entertained that elote, which could be a very reasonable loan word, must be translated to "street corn." My hip corn, from the street.

"A parrot died from the high temperatures.. :("
"Ah no, it's a street corn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

Before:

After:

Verdict:
It's delicious, and I'm going to demolish this pizza, loose corn and all

yeah, that looks like a mighty fine pizza pie.