Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Psycho Landlord posted:

I mean I do find it unlikely that the vanguard would be able to work with him without Saint going racist grandpa in the tower square

I can get that part, but he's allied with us before already so the wording is clunky at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
When is the closing ceremony for the games? Today?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

6 player matchmaking on the seasonal activity sounds like fun.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mesadoram posted:

When is the closing ceremony for the games? Today?

this weekend

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So yeah, Destiny Twitter, especially Korean Destiny Twitter, is blowing up over Baby Fallen, AKA Scraps, Smolliksni, or Burrito

https://twitter.com/Erang_Destiny/status/1389592345511809024?s=20

https://twitter.com/pitge7730/status/1389590657371545601?s=20

https://twitter.com/Miij_Game/status/1389591762952282112?s=20

https://twitter.com/DestinyG_FORE/status/1389594407431671815?s=20

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 4, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Oh poo poo, it's dropping on my birthday. Looks like I took off on the right day.

Pistol exotic seems pretty neat, hope that it signifies there are going to be other cryo weapons in the future. I'd love to see a weapon like the Cryo thrower from Deep Rock or from Duke Nukem (only if we get a "Mighty Boot" finisher).

I think they said outright that the season to follow (15?) will have stasis legendaries.

Next Season (Splicer) will have osmosis providing stasis damage as well. Granted that seems like it will be rather niche.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The stasis sidearm is going to immediately be abused and subsequently nerfed to hell in crucible, above all else this season I am stoked to see this play out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want to know what the other exotic weapon is going to be, gently caress

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lol is it not obvious?

Mythoclast baby!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

poo poo, that would make perfect sense

I am an idiot, this is known

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

new vex environment aesthetic looks dope and not as boring as the "infinite" forest was

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The stasis sidearm is going to immediately be abused and subsequently nerfed to hell in crucible, above all else this season I am stoked to see this play out.

Judging from the video it seems like it takes like 3-4 shots to freeze a target. Perhaps they can adjust it to be more against players.

Or, just hit it with the nerf bat and make it total garbage either way I can see them doing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Those exotic hunter legs are criminally ugly.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Vex are trying to simulate the Nine stuff now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Paracelsus posted:

I will happily take them for my warlock, both in form and function

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Paracelsus posted:

Idk, I like the fish legs.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

lmao another season with no crucible or gambit maps

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mesadoram posted:

Judging from the video it seems like it takes like 3-4 shots to freeze a target. Perhaps they can adjust it to be more against players.

Or, just hit it with the nerf bat and make it total garbage either way I can see them doing.

the impression I got was it charged up to do the freezing shot, like devil's ruin

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I got the impression that the orange thing the titan threw was the special shot, either that or it's a crayon

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I got the impression that the orange thing the titan threw was the special shot, either that or it's a crayon

that was middle solar's throwing hammer

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Is this the last season? Seems a little sparse given that the next big expansion is coming in May 2022.

Svladcjelli
Apr 3, 2007

There's nothing that you offer but a dream of last years hero
Fun Shoe
There's at least two seasons after the coming Splicer season before the expansion next year. More if there's another delay, which wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

Is this the last season? Seems a little sparse given that the next big expansion is coming in May 2022.

Svladcjelli posted:

There's at least two seasons after the coming Splicer season before the expansion next year. More if there's another delay, which wouldn't be a huge surprise.

I don’t believe either of these correct, we get one more season after Splicer and then it’s Witch Queen time. They’ll just be longer seasons now that Witch Queen is delayed to early 2022.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I don’t believe either of these correct, we get one more season after Splicer and then it’s Witch Queen time. They’ll just be longer seasons now that Witch Queen is delayed to early 2022.

Season of the Splicer isn't any longer than Season of the Chosen.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pirate Jet posted:

I see. I saw "epilogue" in the road map and for some reason I thought it was BL's epilogue

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Season of the Splicer (Season 14) ends mid August. Season 15 is confirmed, announced, and you can pre-order it, and if it follows the same 12 week cycle then it will end sometime in November.

So, that leaves a period of November to Jan/Feb where another 12 week season could fit. Bungie also delayed WQ early enough that they have the time to create a season to fill in that slot.

So, all the stars are in alignment for a S16 before WQ, but we'll see if Bungie does it. So far there is no announcement of anything of that sort.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 4, 2021

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Bungie page for season doesn't work for me. Anyone else or do I just not have flash version 69

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

works fine for me

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheSplicer

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So we're synthwave now? That new environment looks so cyberspace it hurts. But then, that's the idea. Count me in.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

Season of the Splicer (Season 14) ends mid August. Season 15 is confirmed, announced, and you can pre-order it, and if it follows the same 12 week cycle then it will end sometime in November.

So, that leaves a period of November to Jan/Feb where another 12 week season could fit. Bungie also delayed WQ early enough that they have the time to create a season to fill in that slot.

So, all the stars are in alignment for a S16 before WQ, but we'll see if Bungie does it. So far there is no announcement of anything of that sort.

It would make sense if they did it, but I guess I should clarify that my position is based off of the fact that nowhere in the delay announcement did they mention anything about the seasons changing (or anywhere else so far,) and we saw with Opulence and Arrivals that they have no qualms about making seasons longer to compensate. These seasons are also probably planned out months, maybe a year, in advance, and it’d be difficult to whip one up on the fly to compensate for a delay that’s going to take effect fairly soon.

I also have to wonder what the backlash would be like if they make BL Deluxe users pay for this surprise fifth season.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Grimthwacker posted:

So we're synthwave now? That new environment looks so cyberspace it hurts. But then, that's the idea. Count me in.

Gonna be rocking the Neopop Wave shader on everything this season.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CommanderApaul posted:

Gonna be rocking the Neopop Wave shader on everything this season.

Shameful you haven't been doing this already.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Shameful you haven't been doing this already.

The gold displays very poorly on a lot of gear. Most of it, honestly.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
EMBLEM ALERT!!

https://twitter.com/DestinyNewsCom/status/1389637337165008897?s=20

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

SkyeAuroline posted:

The gold displays very poorly on a lot of gear. Most of it, honestly.

I am FABULOUS. Works with the secret emblem too.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

It would make sense if they did it, but I guess I should clarify that my position is based off of the fact that nowhere in the delay announcement did they mention anything about the seasons changing (or anywhere else so far,) and we saw with Opulence and Arrivals that they have no qualms about making seasons longer to compensate. These seasons are also probably planned out months, maybe a year, in advance, and it’d be difficult to whip one up on the fly to compensate for a delay that’s going to take effect fairly soon.

I also have to wonder what the backlash would be like if they make BL Deluxe users pay for this surprise fifth season.

Right. Bungie just making Season of the 15th longer is probably the most likely outcome. However, unlike Shadowkeep (a few week delay) and Beyond light (about 45 days or so), Bungie already announced the release dates originally, and had to push them back. With WQ, they delayed really really early. Early enough for them to create something to fill the gap. This is what makes a hypothetical season 16 a possibility, albeit a small possibility.

We will see!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Huh. Apparently you can "complete" the Dead Man's Tale catalyst without actually having it.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I noticed when I got it that it counts previously recovered smugglers caches (I think at 10% per), so it's not that unexpected.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Survival must be appealing to a broader audience these days. I logged on and banged out the 5,500 in 4 easy play sessions :hellyeah:

Antaeus, Stasis, and Agg Shotguns are obscenely overpowered and not one single one of my matches (all freelance) was even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Survival must be appealing to a broader audience these days. I logged on and banged out the 5,500 in 4 easy play sessions :hellyeah:

Antaeus, Stasis, and Agg Shotguns are obscenely overpowered and not one single one of my matches (all freelance) was even close

Yeah but you're talking console, right?