Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Stairmaster posted:

Giant bomb is over lol.

the only video of theirs i can remember is them trying to start up the a10 in dcs for 1/2 an hr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

witchy posted:

the only video of theirs i can remember is them trying to start up the a10 in dcs for 1/2 an hr

they suck at gaming, but in the best way possible

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the writing was on the wall when their two newest hires both quit in the middle of a pandemic with no job lined up

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Stairmaster posted:

Giant bomb is over lol.

I liked Giant Bomb but lmao rip

that legit sucks. Jeff is just funny as hell and I really enjoyed the podcasts and poo poo

:/ dammit

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm starting up an rpg group soon to play Forbidden Lands, a sandbox rpg that focuses on open world poo poo in a dark fantasy world where the players are generally scoundrels making their way in a world that was until recently rendered impassable by a supernatural mist

Who interested? Come to discord

https://discord.gg/jcRjmZ4P

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Zokari posted:

the writing was on the wall when their two newest hires both quit in the middle of a pandemic with no job lined up

yeah when both abby and ben quit I was really wondering wtf

those 2 were major losses, they are funny as poo poo and they just quit to do......nothing?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CredulousAtBest posted:

I liked Giant Bomb but lmao rip

that legit sucks. Jeff is just funny as hell and I really enjoyed the podcasts and poo poo

:/ dammit

why doesn't Jeff leave and start a new company or something

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

oscarthewilde posted:

they suck at gaming, but in the best way possible
yeah it's tremendously relatable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
so who's left at at GB? Jeff, abby, that neckbeard guy who loves Mario? I think the wrestling guy left for wwe already

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Reality Protester posted:

so who's left at at GB? Jeff, abby, that neckbeard guy who loves Mario? I think the wrestling guy left for wwe already

abby's been gone a looong time. it's jeff, jan, rorie (not sure actually) and the diabetes guy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

oscarthewilde posted:

abby's been gone a looong time. it's jeff, jan, rorie (?) and the diabetes guy
jeff b from beastcast is staying as well

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

Cup Runneth Over posted:

why doesn't Jeff leave and start a new company or something

he's got a kid coming and is probably just rich af and doesnt care I guess

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

man jeff looks like poo poo

any juicy goss about them leaving? i used to listen to giantbomb in like 2007

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Communist Thoughts posted:

jeff gertsmann has looked exactly the same since like 1999 except he grew a beard

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Abby is probably off doing improv things, which is funny because she thought video games had a poisonous community

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

are there any game journalists that are actually in shape / would get swipe rights on Tinder?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

etalian posted:

are there any game journalists that are actually in shape / would get swipe rights on Tinder?

Drew Scanlon

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the pretend rivalries with other subforums is one of the weirdest things about this subforum.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

im pretty sure the pedo hair disqualifies him

like who keeps their poo poo like that and thinksit a good idea drat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

etalian posted:

Jim Sterling

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Xaris posted:

i thought it had died when ryan did

is that the one who got married in a taco bell?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Abby is probably off doing improv things, which is funny because she thought video games had a poisonous community
Abby's on twitch and she's been working to foster a not-poisonous video game community

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CredulousAtBest posted:

he's got a kid coming and is probably just rich af and doesnt care I guess

ah yes the ever lucrative gaming journalism career path

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I used to post on an old forum years and years ago where one of the common in-jokes on the forum was to viciously mock another poster who everyone called "Sterling Jim".

And I never actually knew who that was but it must have been Jim Sterling right

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Adam Sessler was pretty normal looking imo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

jeff gertsmann has looked exactly the same since like 1999 except he grew a beard

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm mad at Amazon. They're still not delivering my pre-ordered copy of R-Type Final 2.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

I used to post on an old forum years and years ago where one of the common in-jokes on the forum was to viciously mock another poster who everyone called "Sterling Jim".

And I never actually knew who that was but it must have been Jim Sterling right

jim sterling is good

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

mega64 podcast persists boys

best video game podcast on the internet

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I don’t get Jim Sterling’s gimmick, but I catch the occasional video by him and they’re always on the mark as far as lambasting profiteering corporations go

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

smarxist posted:

jim sterling is good

he is shrieky and intolerable. absolutely awful

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

smarxist posted:

jim sterling is good

lol if that actually was jim sterling, then I'm glad he didn't take the ribbing from the Progressive Boink forums too seriously and went on to continue building his career.

never seen any of his videos though.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

babypolis posted:

the pretend rivalries with other subforums is one of the weirdest things about this subforum.

Cspam has a reputation to uphold.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

etalian posted:

Tim Rogers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
play starsector

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I haven't watched or listened to any GB stuff in years but wow those 3 all quitting at once

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1389686415517097985
can't believe it

a new call of duty game is coming this year

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Superanos posted:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1389686415517097985
can't believe it

a new call of duty game is coming this year

italian spiderman gif