Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Clone Wars cartoons (both 2D and 3D) are really good. The 2D one is basically Samurai Jack with lightsabers.

I read somewhere that George basically got mad that someone did Star Wars better than he did and that's why he buried the first series

I would've loved to see what Genndy Tartakovsky would've done with the sequels

emgeejay posted:

they love making those because they don’t have to pay the voice cast a dime

and no one can tell the diddley-ifference!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/grahamb47/status/1389639982726356992?s=21

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I hate that this bothers me so much. I don't like being the angry nerd being mad about nerd poo poo he likes. But god dammit

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
can someone repost the Al Jean thing where he explains that the joke is in the corner?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1080562898567598080

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yikes

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Which joke? corner of what?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Did anybody watch the Star Wars Maggie thing?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

simplefish posted:

Which joke? corner of what?

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1080512692773965825

Someone asked him what was supposed to be funny about this

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nick: hey how about this, instead of M&Ms they're 'N'&Ns...
Stav: *Cackling* Noooo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bob's Burgers: Minimum 2 intro puns and a burger of the day pun per episode.

Venture Bros: Eyes peeled for clever BG jokes that may reference something you've never heard of be it old media, scientifically, or historically-based.

Bojack Horseman: Finger on the pause button to scour every new scene for BG jokes. That are ALWAYS there.

Simpsons: n & n

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1080512692773965825

Someone asked him what was supposed to be funny about this

The people who like this stuff have the most basic, factory standard personalities in existence

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Mantis42 posted:

It's subtle

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Two years later and I still can't believe they didn't at least go for the obvious w&w's. Someone in here even came up with the sort of okay joke of having an employee yelling at people not to rotate the w's for legal reasons.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Isn't the "joke in the corner" that Homer grabbed a whole N&N guy rather than filling up a barrel like the others?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mantis42 posted:

well, it took all night, but it was worth it!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Isn't the "joke in the corner" that Homer grabbed a whole N&N guy rather than filling up a barrel like the others?

Yes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

He's gonna eat the candy man LOL

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mapple.

Steve Mobs.

Get it?

Because it’s just like Apple and Steve Jobs.

These are the jokes, people !!!!!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I forget who but one of the staff members admitted that they know these jokes suck but they like doing them to annoy the fans.

Which is also annoying because your job is to try and be funny, not piss off your supporters. "ha ha isn't it hilarious that we're getting paid large sums of money to put in no effort and make something that sucks intentionally?"

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I forget who but one of the staff members admitted that they know these jokes suck but they like doing them to annoy the fans.

Which is also annoying because your job is to try and be funny, not piss off your supporters. "ha ha isn't it hilarious that we're getting paid large sums of money to put in no effort and make something that sucks intentionally?"

Sucking just to suck still sucks

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is foreshadowing that Maggie is going to grow up to be a pacifier???

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TTG! manages to be hilarious while pissing off TT fans, so maybe Simpsons writers should take note?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

multijoe posted:

The people who like this stuff have the most basic, factory standard personalities in existence

“The Simpsons can still pull off an iconic moment here and there, even after all of this time.”

“This clip is probably one of the best thing to come out of modern Simpsons”

“Legit one of my favorite Modern Simpsons scenes”

“Even in the past 10 years that The Simpsons has been dying, they still come out with a few gems now and then, this is definitely one of the newer gems”

“This feels like something Homer would actually do in the earlier seasons”

“Good to see that modern Simpsons occasionally has glimpses of old Simpsons charm.”

“This has got to be one of the big main reasons why I remember why homer is possibly the best ever!”

“I need to start catching a few episodes of The Simpsons Matt Groening still has it”

“That was the funniest video I have ever seen 😂😂😂”

By now I’m sure it’s obvious which iconic modern simpsons moment I pulled these comments from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFpTLEnrqU

“The way Lisa stares at him so blankly makes me laugh lol :D

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Das Boo posted:

Bob's Burgers: Minimum 2 intro puns and a burger of the day pun per episode.

Venture Bros: Eyes peeled for clever BG jokes that may reference something you've never heard of be it old media, scientifically, or historically-based.

Bojack Horseman: Finger on the pause button to scour every new scene for BG jokes. That are ALWAYS there.

Simpsons: n & n

After a long week of whatever the hell it is I do, I don't wanna have to work on SUNDAYS too!

Food puns? Science? PAUSE BUTTONS?!

gently caress that!

You Are A Elf posted:

Mapple.

Steve Mobs.

Get it?

Because it’s just like Apple and Steve Jobs.

These are the jokes, people !!!!!

Good old The Simspsons. They get it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So I actually made it about 50 seconds into this video, and then I wanted to hit my temple with a hammer repeatedly. This poo poo is like looking at the Bird Box monsters.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Two years later and I still can't believe they didn't at least go for the obvious w&w's. Someone in here even came up with the sort of okay joke of having an employee yelling at people not to rotate the w's for legal reasons.
https://twitter.com/aljean/status/1080611104697524226?s=21

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"Hey, you know how people are always saying they want to see Homer Simpson sucking off various sandwiches? Like just loving fellating them in front of his daughter?"
"No."
"Well anyway, here's this."

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

I like to see my favorite New Orleans restaurant featured in popular media (the one in the thumbnail.)

But not like this. Not like this...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

My very Marge perspective on this clip is that it seems very nice list of food I’d like to eat. I wouldn’t call it funny or entertaining or enjoyable in any other way, but who doesn’t like a nice list?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

My very Marge perspective on this clip is that it seems very nice list of food I’d like to eat. I wouldn’t call it funny or entertaining or enjoyable in any other way, but who doesn’t like a nice list?
That fits her classic character a lot better than the typical Marge line these days. No joke, no content at all. Just vibes and a rapidly mummifying voice actor
https://youtu.be/iLfXM_L5B68

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Ror posted:

“The Simpsons can still pull off an iconic moment here and there, even after all of this time.”

“Even in the past 10 years that The Simpsons has been dying, they still come out with a few gems now and then, this is definitely one of the newer gems”

“Good to see that modern Simpsons occasionally has glimpses of old Simpsons charm.”

“This has got to be one of the big main reasons why I remember why homer is possibly the best ever!”

“I need to start catching a few episodes of The Simpsons Matt Groening still has it”

By now I’m sure it’s obvious which iconic modern simpsons moment I pulled these comments from.

Homer isn't some knowledgeable gourmand. The better way for this to work would be him wanting to eat at Krusty Burger or whatever and Lisa is trying to convince him that there's this vibrant food culture he's missing out on

The best way for this to work though would be to have cancelled the show after season 8

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Riptor posted:

Homer isn't some knowledgeable gourmand. The better way for this to work would be him wanting to eat at Krusty Burger or whatever and Lisa is trying to convince him that there's this vibrant food culture he's missing out on

The best way for this to work though would be to have cancelled the show after season 8

Homer was literally a professional food critic once, and a notorious regular at chili cook-offs. He's no snob but he'll eat pretty much anything as long as it's unhealthy enough.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Riptor posted:

Another less god awful any-second-draft-could-fix-it way to keep the joke is to make it a visual gag by having homer run around the French quarter coming across each of those things and getting excited like a dog.

It still goes on for like 22 minutes too long, but the complete lack of any sort of editing script side is so obvious.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ror posted:

gently caress dude I wish I were a normie

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

ikanreed posted:

Another less god awful any-second-draft-could-fix-it way to keep the joke is to make it a visual gag by having homer run around the French quarter coming across each of those things and getting excited like a dog.

It still goes on for like 22 minutes too long, but the complete lack of any sort of editing script side is so obvious.

A memorable and successful execution of the same list joke is Bubba’s enthusiasm of all things shrimp in Forrest Gump. It’s edited tightly so we see Bubba ramble on about shrimp dishes while him and Forrest assemble their rifles, shine their boots, and clean the floor with toothbrushes. Then it suddenly ends, they look at each other, and go right back to cleaning the floor.

This... this is just too goddamn long and without purpose. I like your idea of the visual gag to at least give it substance instead of Homer fellating food.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Srirachachau/status/1389629987452440576

i've always remembered the hobo/mailbox gag here but never noticed the coffee shop stuff :monocle:

edit:

https://twitter.com/MaREOSpeedwag0n/status/1389668705706053636

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Homer being written as basically a big goofy dog not only explains so much but at some points is rather literal.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Honestly the older I get the less I sympathize with Grimey. Like if he actually succeeded in life he'd just become Smithers, a kiss rear end for his boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Honestly the older I get the less I sympathize with Grimey. Like if he actually succeeded in life he'd just become Smithers, a kiss rear end for his boss.

Grimey needed a little more class solidarity imo. I always support lazy coworkers.