Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the best RPG on the switch that isn't super popular? Anything that's ONLY on the switch?

Dandy Dungeon: Legend of Brave Yamada is Switch only now, it used to be a mobile game. Fun sense of humor, can get a bit grindy though (in a Monster Hunter way of needing to repeat a mission over and over for rare drops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I really liked Everhood, but I will give a massive flashing lights warning (there's a light sensitivity mode you can toggle immediately, but idk how well it does since I never used it myself); I'll also say it takes a bit of getting used to, and while it's very obviously Undertale inspired it also takes a lot of inspiration from other stuff like OFF and Yume Nikki (arguably even moreso than UT)

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1389293119842181124

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

blackguy32 posted:

Knowing he took that role to have something to share with his kids before he died is so heartwarming.

Wait what? He died of like food poisoning

E: oh wait he also had stomach cancer and the food poisoning did him in. Woops.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

DorianGravy posted:

I agree with this. I still really like the Pokemon series, but the battles can be tedious. Like you said, observing/cataloging is cool, and I bet they could make a fun spinoff centered around that (but still having the towns, shops, and other role-playing aspects). Or, maybe just replace battles with a fast-paced puzzle, like a Pokemon Puzzle League RPG. Or Pokemon Pinball RPG.

Now I really would love the see a POCKET MONSTER HUNTER: RISE OF THE PHOTO SAFARI game.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

But Nintendo Water appraiser man is right here https://twitter.com/mark83773834?lang=en

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the best RPG on the switch that isn't super popular? Anything that's ONLY on the switch?

Depending on your definition of rpg, uh, Astral Chain.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The Maroon Hawk posted:

From a few pages back, but I want to see a world where BOTW2 combines this with the original's idea to pull Miis from the console for NPCs

Imagine getting a quest from Mr. Clean or Steve

Classic hylian joke setup: 'Hank Hill, Mr. Bean and Joseph Stalin walk into a stable...'

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Argue posted:

But Nintendo Water appraiser man is right here https://twitter.com/mark83773834?lang=en

Last post was July. He must be dead.

nerox
May 20, 2001

The Postman posted:

I don't know if it's what you're looking for but Golf Story is the only thing that comes to mind right away.

I just started playing my switch again since I am so excited about Mario golf coming out next month and started a new Golf Story save last night, such a fun game.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

moon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

nerox posted:

I just started playing my switch again since I am so excited about Mario golf coming out next month and started a new Golf Story save last night, such a fun game.

Holy gently caress, it IS next month!! I didn't realize it was so soon!

And here I was, looking for mini golf games on the eshop a few days ago. gently caress that (for now); Mario golf will take over all golf-related wants for the foreseeable future.

Though, seriously, it'd be super rad if you could make your own courses, and if it also included a mini golf mode.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Anyone have a usb c to c wall charger recommendation that will charge AND play (in handheld mode)?

I have some c to c cables with a a 90 degree bend on one end but I need a compatible wall charger too. One that isn't just charge. Looking at the Anker Pd2, but reading on it I'm not sure it can play AND charge at the same time (again handheld mode).

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DRSNXFM/

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

I want that face on a real pro controller :). I own 4 power A controllers and have found that the sticks don't have the same level of control as the first party pro controller. I love the extra assignable buttons, but not being able to make micro movements easily sucks for me.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

How are Turnip Boy and Everhood?

I tried Bug Fables last week and totally fell in love with it thanks to someone bringing it up here

Turnip Boy was alright. I played through the whole thing last week. It's cute enough but the gameplay was so-so. Lots of backtracking. imho not worth full price.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Kilazar posted:

Anyone have a usb c to c wall charger recommendation that will charge AND play (in handheld mode)?
If you can tolerate the expense and the wait until June, I can't recommend the Genki Covert Dock enough. It's a USB C-C wall charger that will charge and play in handheld mode, and as a bonus, it's a dock too!

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If you can tolerate the expense and the wait until June, I can't recommend the Genki Covert Dock enough. It's a USB C-C wall charger that will charge and play in handheld mode, and as a bonus, it's a dock too!

That thing is pretty cool but a bit pricey to suite my needs lol.

I just need charge and play handheld setup. I want to run a cable to my theatre recliner set that the switch can just live on for permanent handheld play. It's kind of a guest switch for monster hunting. My main switch lives on the dock to the TV, but my wife's lives in the center console. Since monster hunter came out she has to have "charge" sessions cause we currently don't have a power source that can charge and play at the recliners location.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kilazar posted:

I just need charge and play handheld setup. I want to run a cable to my theatre recliner set that the switch can just live on for permanent handheld play. It's kind of a guest switch for monster hunting. My main switch lives on the dock to the TV, but my wife's lives in the center console. Since monster hunter came out she has to have "charge" sessions cause we currently don't have a power source that can charge and play at the recliners location.

I use my pixel 2 or 5 charger and it's fine. Or you could buy another official nintendo cable

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kilazar posted:

Get any USB C Power delivery wall charger. The Anker one would be totally fine.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kilazar posted:

These batteries have come up in the thread a few times the version without USB-C and you need to use USB->USB-C cables was highly recommended around launch.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01422TC14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a few of these.

It's a good idea to have a battery you can take with you for your phone anyway.

You only need the real Nintendo power if the battery 100% dies and the console will not even turn on.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kilazar posted:

Any of these would do the job, along with whatever decent quality braided usb C - C cable you can find that's long enough.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Get any USB C Power delivery wall charger. The Anker one would be totally fine.

We have been trying the ones we already have, and her switch still drains while playing handheld. Just slower.

The official switch one isn't long enough. I need a 12ft run to properly hide the cable for my HT and I don't want to run an extension cord cause then entropy will take over and my wife will plug everything she can find into it. Then my HT seating will be littered with all her electronic crap.

And thanks for the links! It looks like I just need anything with the PD label on the C port or that matches that voltage! So the Anker I linked should work fine as well.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I fail to see the problem of a wife obsessed with plugging holes.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Kilazar posted:

Before I got my Genki I occasionally used my Google Pixel phone charger, which would charge while playing albeit slowly. According to this review it works better with the mariko model.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got Risk of Rain 2 in the sale, wow what a hot pile of steaming, poorly designed, dull dogshit. I'd be furious if I'd paid full price.

Comfortably the worst video game I've played in several years.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frankston posted:

I got Risk of Rain 2 in the sale, wow what a hot pile of steaming, poorly designed, dull dogshit. I'd be furious if I'd paid full price.

How much of it did you play? It opens up when you unlock stuff and get an item pool. Commando is probably my least favorite character

That said I barely touched it since they gave it an ending because the final fight was bad. It got revamped recently on PC but I haven't tried it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Frankston posted:

Lol what

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I mean it did spend at least a year or two after release as basically a early access title in terms of its planned content.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Risk of Rain doesn't have enough downtime for me. Constantly being pelted by offscreen fireballs, there's no post combat chill like in Isaac or Gungeon. Cant really get into it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I love RIsk of Rain but it's also my current contemporary example of how a game can effectively disguise a lack of substance with an overabundance of style

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

I mean it did spend at least a year or two after release as basically a early access title in terms of its planned content.

quote:

A sequel to 2013's Risk of Rain, it was released in early access for Microsoft Windows, and Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2019 before fully releasing on August 11, 2020 with a release for Stadia coming a month later.

It was an easy access title for a little over a year and has only been out for real since august

:confused:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Risk Of Rain 2 is good, and it's likely going to be even better once the anniversary update hits Switch.

You gotta hit that sweet spot of "super powered character" among "poo poo load of enemies" :getin:

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

I hate how expensive Switch games are.

I wish I wasn't poor lol

At least I can replay Rabbids for the third time (which is the only game I own on Switch); but I really love the art and soundtrack so it's always a delight.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RadicalTranslation posted:

buy and play A Short Hike it is only seven dollars

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A Short Hike is cool yeah but it really is short and there isn't much incentive to play it more than once.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Len posted:

It was an easy access title for a little over a year and has only been out for real since august

:confused:

And it still didn't get the full content planned for it until this year.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

And it still didn't get the full content planned for it until this year.

i'm willing to give a pass on covid delay

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Kilazar posted:

And thanks for the links! It looks like I just need anything with the PD label on the C port or that matches that voltage! So the Anker I linked should work fine as well.
I think it'll be fine with 15W, maybe 18W to be safe. Either way they're both on the lower end of what USB-C PD ("power delivery") can do. For reference docked mode the Switch works with 45W chargers (specifically 15V/3A), so anything around or over that is way overkill for just handheld play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RadicalTranslation posted:

I wish I wasn't poor lol

At least I can replay Rabbids for the third time (which is the only game I own on Switch); but I really love the art and soundtrack so it's always a delight.

Look to see if you can check them out from your library?