Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lostconfused posted:

People are still arguing about vaccines?

I thought a bunch of Ontario posters would have already signed up.

we're not all elderly in here, some of us just aren't eligible yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

infernal machines posted:

Was hanging out on the weekend with some people living in a BC 18+ hotspot (aka Surrey), they all seemed quite surprised that no, you've still got to be 50-something half an hour away unless you're the "line up for hours and hours in a place you're actually not supposed to" sort.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if you're over 18 and live in a "hotspot" in ontario, you can get the vaccine from a handful of places, although where you can book that varies a bit still. in theory you can book it through the provincial site, but there are some caveats and you may be better served by finding a popup clinic in your neighbourhood. anything booked through the provincial site seems to have on-site waits of 1.5-3 hours or so.

if you're under 40 and don't live in a hotspot you can go gently caress yourself. you'll maybe get to book something mid to late may.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

someone who might be in a position to know suggested that the j&j vaccine may end up being distributed through ontario pharmacies shortly, and approved for 30+. i guess we'll see.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I'm trying my hand at the pharmacy astrazeneca lottery.

Registration with Shoppers drug mart was super easy, the other pharmacies are a big pain in the button and you have to register through each company separately.

Would be nice if there was just one centralized public program for this. I mean, besides the one that's so slow I'm doing this instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

May 10 for me here in Québec.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

deny conservative voters vaccines until functional human beings within canada's borders have all gotten two shots, imo

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

fisting by many posted:

I'm trying my hand at the pharmacy astrazeneca lottery.

Registration with Shoppers drug mart was super easy, the other pharmacies are a big pain in the button and you have to register through each company separately.

Would be nice if there was just one centralized public program for this. I mean, besides the one that's so slow I'm doing this instead.

This will get you all the Sobeys pharmacies

https://www.pharmacyappointments.ca/

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Normy posted:

This will get you all the Sobeys pharmacies

https://www.pharmacyappointments.ca/

Thanks for this.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i am looking forward to joining the pzifergang next week and laughing at all you az blood clotted plebs from up in the treehouse

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DariusLikewise posted:

i am looking forward to joining the pzifergang next week and laughing at all you az blood clotted plebs from up in the treehouse

What are you like 60 years old or some poo poo?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What are you like 60 years old or some poo poo?

just over 30 and in a manitoba hotspot babbayy

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

2-3 micromort chance of clotting versus whole-number percentage chance of dying from covid

gee I wonder which one is less dangerous

:nallears: oh wow so a vaccine is less deadly than the virus it's supposed to protect against??? :wth: that's a fair equivalency for sure

Anyone itt speaking out against the NACI should be banned+30 for vaccine disinfo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it should be illegal not to get a vaccine when offered one

like straight up you're banned from participating from society until you accept to do your duty in ending the pandemic

but apparently that's racist or something

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

really want to know where in the NACI recommendation paper it disagrees with the assessment that "dying from covid is a thousand times more likely than dying from the astrazenica vaccine"

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

i’m annoyed at every media outlet trying to turn vaccine passports into an issue we should debate and have some nuanced position on. if you’re not getting vaccinated or don’t want to parlay the government’s existing knowledge of your vaccination status into letting us get back to our lives then feel free to sit this one out until this poo poo is no longer circulating.

although maybe i’m privileged because the bc services card is perfect for this application.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

it should be illegal not to get a vaccine when offered one

like straight up you're banned from participating from society until you accept to do your duty in ending the pandemic

but apparently that's racist or something

there are historical reasons why enforced medical procedures are problematic for certain groups in canada.

see if you can guess why

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
when I log in to the cra site and see the bc services card option I'm always jealous. seems like such an obvious thing but it's so hard to actually make it happen

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My issue with the current vaccine situation isn't the miniscule risk of blood clots, it's the fact that it's not as effective against new variants and I see this as being another thing that's going to gently caress 'essential workers'. I can very well see us being put at the absolute back of the line or outright denied mRNA vaccines because we should be happy for our bush league AZ vaccine and get back to loving work like the proles we are.

We are absolutely hosed if there's more mutations that prove to be more evasive to AZ than the current mutations are already proving somewhat capable of doing an end run around AZ. The government will go 'there's no need to worry you're vaccinated after all go out, work, and spend!' while we drop like flies.

The goal of government isn't to save us, it's to save capital. As long as the people dying of this aren't the people holding the money and we die slow enough that it doesn't clog the system and they can train replacements, they won't loving care.

So on an individual level this poo poo is giving me a loving headache and I'm going to have to keep going to work in a p100 respirator and it cost me 2 loving hours pay for something that seems kinda pointless now.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 00:45 on May 5, 2021

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

So on an individual level this poo poo is giving me a loving headache and I'm going to have to keep going to work in a p100 respirator and it cost me 2 loving hours pay for something that seems kinda pointless now.
Try not to let this occupy your thoughts so much. Just take it one day at a time

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

there are historical reasons why enforced medical procedures are problematic for certain groups in canada.

see if you can guess why

us colonizers did some objectively awful poo poo in the past, including the genocide of the First Nations peoples and stealing half a continent's worth of dirt, yes. that's a series of literal atrocities and there's no way we can undo it. I for one will happily sign a 99 year lease with the Kwantlen First Nation for the six hundred square feet of unceded land my apartment takes up if it means we can get this pandemic over with a year behind schedule instead of dooming society to endless variants of coronavirus disease two thousand nineteen

pokeyman posted:

when I log in to the cra site and see the bc services card option I'm always jealous. seems like such an obvious thing but it's so hard to actually make it happen

we are by far the most functional western province and it's depressing because that's an insanely low bar to clear

EvilJoven posted:

The goal of government isn't to save us, it's to save capital. As long as the people dying of this aren't the people holding the money and we die slow enough that it doesn't clog the system and they can train replacements, they won't loving care.

there is nothing* you can do about this so just smoke a J and enjoy each day that you're alive and healthy

*I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum of armchair leftists moderated by D&D liberals will even consider that past the thought that saying the words "what if revolution" will get you a ban+30 for threatening the establishment

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, look, sorry about trying to genocide you for the last 150 years, but it's really important that you trust us this time

don't worry about the government advisory panels that still don't have their poo poo together on the potential complications from the different vaccines, we promise we don't know of any that would affect you, now get in the van.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you may have heard of hospitals to this day that are still coercing aboriginal women into medically unnecessary hysterectomies, but take our word for it, this is completely not like that.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Things are different now!

Those armoured troops we sent into your land to crack skulls happened over a year ago now! Stop holding a grudge and move on.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it is perhaps a wee bit racist to dismiss a century of institutionalized malice towards very specific groups because it's inconvenient that they will no longer trust you

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

My issue with the current vaccine situation isn't the miniscule risk of blood clots, it's the fact that it's not as effective against new variants and I see this as being another thing that's going to gently caress 'essential workers'. I can very well see us being put at the absolute back of the line or outright denied mRNA vaccines because we should be happy for our bush league AZ vaccine and get back to loving work like the proles we are.

We are absolutely hosed if there's more mutations that prove to be more evasive to AZ than the current mutations are already proving somewhat capable of doing an end run around AZ. The government will go 'there's no need to worry you're vaccinated after all go out, work, and spend!' while we drop like flies.

the AZ vaccine trains your immune system to recognize the spike proteins of the coronavirus in a similar way way to the mRNA ones, so in my stupid opinion I don't think there's much reason to worry about something like this. There's also no evidence AZ is ineffective against variants, at best we have signs that it might be somewhat less effective than the others. None of the vaccine brands are completely effective anyway, the point is to get enough people vaccinated that the virus stops circulating in the population. So I'd wait until about a month after everyone's had their second dose before I start worrying about the vaccines not working.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kenney on TV eating a big ol' political poo poo sandwich right now. 3 week lockdown with personal care and restaurants shuttering (save for takeout), virtual schooling for every grade and all post-secondary institutes, retail limited to 10% of fire code, places of worship limited to 15 people max. the modeling must've looked apocalyptic for him to just about-face on his whole "targeted measures" thing in two days flat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he's pulling a doug ford.

it's a bold strategy, cotton. let's see if it pays off for him

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

he's pulling a doug ford.

it's a bold strategy, cotton. let's see if it pays off for him

the backbenchers are gonna be howling for his blood, and i'd frankly be amazed if he made it to the next election. the cons know that he is forever going to be The Pandemic Premier in peoples' minds, and the magnitude of how badly his government has hosed up their messaging and response has turned him into a poison pill

i desperately want a poll on his numbers tomorrow just to see what kinda dip a sucker punch like this'll make

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

kenney on TV eating a big ol' political poo poo sandwich right now. 3 week lockdown with personal care and restaurants shuttering (save for takeout), virtual schooling for every grade and all post-secondary institutes, retail limited to 10% of fire code, places of worship limited to 15 people max. the modeling must've looked apocalyptic for him to just about-face on his whole "targeted measures" thing in two days flat

genuinely surprised he didn't just flee to the US

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's not too late to lock down again.

7 day moving averages cases for Australia: 18

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he fled the conference, he's just going to keep running 'till he hits the border

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

it's not too late to lock down again.

7 day moving averages cases for Australia: 18

why would i want the draconian, freedom-stifling restrictions of australian-style lockdowns when we can have the completely open ended Alberta Advantage nightmare, where your business is perpetually living in a hobbled fugue state where you go to bed every night with the crippling anxiety of not knowing whether tomorrow'll be the day where patios are shuttered and your restaurant closes forever

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

"purpose for your visit?"
"hiding from the voters after intentionally loving up the covid response"
"welcome to the united states mr kenney"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he's got a bright future ahead of him as a senator in texas

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it is truly, deeply comical that kenney's entire strategy appears to have been gambling that his weakass messaging and daily finger wagging would keep cases tamped down enough that he didn't have to implement exactly this kind of lockdown in the province where there was literally a loving anti-lockdown superspreader rodeo held over the weekend

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Vermain posted:

Ontario: first time? :smug:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Resign Kenney you motherfucker :unsmigghh:
https://twitter.com/charlesadler/status/1389694170114060289

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
are you telling me that courting insane death cult crazies can have negative consequences for you? preposterous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the knives are out it seems