Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ymgve posted:

legend says they're still playing, every day

Isn't the game like 300 hours

(i ask myself, chuckling as I start the process to grow a Lunar Tear in NieR)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
howlongtobeat pegs it at 30-50, which is kinda crazy for a Zelda

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I first found out about Subnautica as an undersea exploration game, and then beat the whole thing basically without reading anything about it on the internet

I did not realize it was supposed to be a scary game until after I was done with it lol. I had no idea the deep ocean was such a common fear until reading people talking about Subnautica after I beat it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I first found out about Subnautica as an undersea exploration game, and then beat the whole thing basically without reading anything about it on the internet

I did not realize it was supposed to be a scary game until after I was done with it lol. I had no idea the deep ocean was such a common fear until reading people talking about Subnautica after I beat it

Between not being able to figure out what I needed to do to progress and that fear I've never made it past the first like 3 zones in the game. I really would have liked a "no material hunting" mode, I just have no interest in survival games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm not scared of the ocean and I'm not scared of big things, but for some reason big things in the ocean really upset my lizard brain, even in cutesy games like Beyond Good and Evil and Wind Waker.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The water colossus in Shadow of the Colossus is the hardest fight in the game for me no question.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Actually those sky dragons in BOTW are pretty intimidating too, even though they mostly don't do anything to you. Maybe it's the idea of a gigantic thing that can sort of appear anywhere and move freely in any direction that makes me feel under threat. Like it's a nightmarish concept, like the earth splitting open.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABeq0nim79o

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Welp, I haven't tuned in in a while, but sounds like Giant Bomb is over.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
drat I'm watching the live Bombcast right now and they just announced Vinny, Brad and Alex are all leaving Giant Bomb.

Absolutely crazy. What even is the identity of that site now that everybody is gone...

Weedle
May 31, 2006

holy christ. well that’s that. it was a good 13 years

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

PantsBandit posted:

drat I'm watching the live Bombcast right now and they just announced Vinny, Brad and Alex are all leaving Giant Bomb.

Absolutely crazy. What even is the identity of that site now that everybody is gone...

what?????

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i was really hoping that the red ventures acquisition in september wasn't the beginning of the end but welp

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not scared of the ocean and I'm not scared of big things, but for some reason big things in the ocean really upset my lizard brain, even in cutesy games like Beyond Good and Evil and Wind Waker.

I'm the same way. I think there's something about "hmmm this thing is big enough to eat me" mixed with "I can't move as well in the water" that causes panic.

Also frankly, I'm real bad with enemies that have an instant death attack that's some variant of swallowing you whole. Just...not a pleasant experience.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They've been on the decline since the acquisition. Ryan's death killed what's left of the enthusiasm there. Dan and austin were the only good parts of the new bomb, but once they left the clock was ticking.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sea monsters can come at you from above and below, it’s unsettling

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I can only imagine what sort of nightmare it must be to work there behind the scenes considering how many people keep leaving but looking at what they actually upload every day. Like, aside from recording the Podcast and streaming games sometimes, I'm not even sure what they actually do the rest of the day, but it has to be pretty lovely

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

When I was a kid, the underwater levels in Mario64 were absolutely the ultimate roadblock for me. I nope'd out of the level with the giant eel immediately and just did everything else to progress.

I only tuned in to Giant bomb very, very irregularly. Sucks to hear it's falling apart.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Rip in peace giant bomb, I haven't listened to one of your podcasts in over 5 years but from 2008-2013 it was a wild, fun ride and I will always be greatful for the fun times I had staying up too late and struggling with depression and throwing on a video or podcast to take my mind off of things.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I dunno if I'd say so much that big things are scary per se but huge things deffo have an effect on me. Like if I'm standing around a shipyard it's like whoah

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Aww dang. I've listened to thousands of hours of Giant Bomb over the years. It's always been a bummer when someone leaves there because I've liked hearing them chat. I follow them less for video game coverage and more just to hear them chat about stuff.

I guess that leaves Jeff G, Jason, Jan, and Jeff Bakalar. Very J-centric group.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

The water colossus in Shadow of the Colossus is the hardest fight in the game for me no question.

I couldn't do it, as soon as I saw where it was going I just passed the controller to my younger brother. Not dealing with that bullshit.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

if I'm a capcom dev reading this thread I'm realising RE9 needs to be underwater with an even taller woman

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

I dunno if I'd say so much that big things are scary per se but huge things deffo have an effect on me. Like if I'm standing around a shipyard it's like whoah

I don't deal with any creature larger than me. This includes most livestock.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

if I'm a capcom dev reading this thread I'm realising RE9 needs to be underwater with an even taller woman

But they already did Resident Evil Revelations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the true ascension of gamebomb.ru begins today

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

drat RIP the gently caress out of giant bomb.

They’ve been hit with some hard departures lately but this is a whole other level .

I’m kind of sad about it!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

rip in peace giant bomb dot com, you were a neat part of my life for a decade and I somehow met a lot of cool people through there!!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm really going to miss the guaranteed Friday dopamine hit of hearing Vinny say "Helloooooo everybody!"

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
yeah they started to slip after ryan died, then the acquisition sped it up, and i think the split to gb and gb east killed them

just watch any of their old stuff and compare it to now and its obvious they are suffering and not happy with their jobs anymore

it was cool and went on way longer then it should have

hopefully the rest can get out and start new things

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ryan actually died about a year after the acquisition by cbsi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ryan Davis died 8 years ago

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

mutata posted:

They never really owned them to begin with, heh.

Welcome to the wonderful world of buying licenses to use software

You don't own any of your games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

it's okay if jeff is still there I'll keep watching him play mr do and dig through his garage

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Giant bomb joining the illustrious ranks of G4TV

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Playing Persona 5 now, I like that the mascot character has a little kid crush on the girl character instead of being a weirdo sexual predator like in 4. For real though everything in this game is so stylish and slick, when I high five my buddy to tag him into the fight and the music kicks I'm hootin and hollerin irl.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

Playing Persona 5 now, I like that the mascot character has a little kid crush on the girl character instead of being a weirdo sexual predator like in 4. For real though everything in this game is so stylish and slick, when I high five my buddy to tag him into the fight and the music kicks I'm hootin and hollerin irl.

Baton Pass is the best. It's hard for me to go back to Persona 4 now because it's so much fun to pass extra turns around in Persona 5

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have never watched or listened to a giant bomb thing. But someone a while ago compared me to Jeff and I cannot remember what the context was.

I still do not quite understand.

Also I am so jolly right now. After my drubbing by the ape I was a little worried returning to Sekiro tonight but I had a blast and did so so much! Had a really good battle against some yokai and a ghost lady. The ghost lady battle was great because I said I would have just one more try and ended up winning. I like when that happens :3:

Sekiro!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

having trouble thinking of a game where the presentation adds more for me than P5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hentai Reviews By Jeff begins june 1