Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

mega64 podcast persists boys

best video game podcast on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZRADSD_E8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

CredulousAtBest posted:

yeah when both abby and ben quit I was really wondering wtf

those 2 were major losses, they are funny as poo poo and they just quit to do......nothing?

going from the way he talked about it after the fact, Ben quit mainly because of the constant unrelenting hostility from the community, and now he probably won't be doing on-camera content ever again. I wouldn't be surprised if Abby quit for basically the same reason

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CredulousAtBest posted:

he is shrieky and intolerable. absolutely awful

that's what you have to do if your audience is Gamers

i listened to an interview on the old bernie 2020 campaign (rip) podcast that brianna joy gray did when they actually did an episode about leftwing people in Gamer culture online in the context of a pushback against the prevailing winds of the gamer to gamergate to pepe pipeline and he was frank that he was playing a character with an insanely inflated ego but is also the biggest Game Critic "content creator" who accurately lays the blame for games sucking at the feet of capitalism

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

KaptainKrunk posted:

mega64 podcast persists boys

best video game podcast on the internet

do they still dress up in costume and act like insane people in public, that poo poo was hilarious

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:haw:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

that's what you have to do if your audience is Gamers

i listened to an interview on the old bernie 2020 campaign (rip) podcast that brianna joy gray did when they actually did an episode about leftwing people in Gamer culture online in the context of a pushback against the prevailing winds of the gamer to gamergate to pepe pipeline and he was frank that he was playing a character with an insanely inflated ego but is also the biggest Game Critic "content creator" who accurately lays the blame for games sucking at the feet of capitalism

they're also (as far as i know) one of the only industry people with a large platform who regularly and vociferously calls out cases of sexual abuse/harassment/bigotry, lovely labor conditions and all the personal failings of the terrible lovely management in game companies, and takes a lot of poo poo because of it. i mean find another known gaming industry entity with a million youtube followers who isn't completely bent over and open for whatever bullshit the industry chucks them, especially if its freebies or linkbacks for clout. best case scenario is usually personalities who "don't want to get involved with all that Politics stuff"

smarxist has issued a correction as of 22:41 on May 4, 2021

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

do they still dress up in costume and act like insane people in public, that poo poo was hilarious

yeah occasionally although with the pandemic they've gotten a bit more experimental.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the biggest misses of Death Stranding is there is no way to leave bawdy messages for other players

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

At least we will always have the Endurance Run

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

if i were still ik i would probe for disco elysium spoilers and when epic high five says dark souls is bad but nothing else

it was a honorable run

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

if i were still ik i would probe for disco elysium spoilers and when epic high five says dark souls is bad but nothing else

oh! yeah! thanks for the reminder

couldn't find the post in the past couple weeks :toughguy:

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 23:11 on May 4, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

they're also (as far as i know) one of the only industry people with a large platform who regularly and vociferously calls out cases of sexual abuse/harassment/bigotry, lovely labor conditions and all the personal failings of the terrible lovely management in game companies, and takes a lot of poo poo because of it. i mean find another known gaming industry entity with a million youtube followers who isn't completely bent over and open for whatever bullshit the industry chucks them, especially if its freebies or linkbacks for clout. best case scenario is usually personalities who "don't want to get involved with all that Politics stuff"

Jason Schreier reports on labor stuff fairly frequently and in detail, even if he sold his soul and works for Bloomberg.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I don’t get Jim Sterling’s gimmick, but I catch the occasional video by him and they’re always on the mark as far as lambasting profiteering corporations go

self promotion intercut with anti corporate issue of the week and like nasty eighties british kid nostalgia

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Kim dies trying to stop Evrart from poisoning the city's water supply.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gtrmp posted:

going from the way he talked about it after the fact, Ben quit mainly because of the constant unrelenting hostility from the community, and now he probably won't be doing on-camera content ever again. I wouldn't be surprised if Abby quit for basically the same reason

she joined a podcast that demos primarily men over 30 to do nancy drew content and flush disco elysium in the first ten mins so i imagine her inbox was nuts

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I will always appreciate Alex Navarro openly making GBS threads on Palmer Luckey right after it became apparent what a chud Palmer is

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Cunoesse is actually Dolores Dei in mortal form, as a test for humanity.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

self promotion intercut with anti corporate issue of the week and like nasty eighties british kid nostalgia

I mean like visually. Red Alert villain with a toy fetish? Band kid at prom?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cool av posted:

disco elysium JRPG spoilers yo :mad:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

watching Vinny and Jeff do the P4 Endurance run was pretty incredible but I haven't kept up with any of their content since. it rules how bad they were at it too

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

The hanged man was killed by blacked-out Harry. (The player character's real name is Harry)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

cool av posted:

SOMEBODY’S POISONED THE WATERING HOLE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I mean like visually. Red Alert villain with a toy fetish? Band kid at prom?

oh it was pervert v for vendetta but fascism irl forced a turn towards carnival barker and now diva wrestler

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

they did 5 minute eva/end of eva vids, and it was nice to see something like that from people who actually like the source material instead of the obnoxious/borderline orientalist genx ANIME BAD AND WEIRD HUH GUYS?? poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H48GPv4BZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZnsWjJ6Qw

theyr egood

Syncopation has issued a correction as of 23:27 on May 4, 2021

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

oh it was pervert v for vendetta but fascism irl forced a turn towards carnival barker and now diva wrestler

ok I'll have to write this down, thank you

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

they did 5 minute eva/end of eva vids, and it was nice to see something like that from people who actually like the source material instead of the obnoxious/borderline orientalist genx ANIME BAD AND WEIRD HUH GUYS?? poo poo

theyr egood

one thing to note is that shawn (who is playing shinji) hates the source material, which helps I think

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Casey Finnigan posted:

one thing to note is that shawn (who is playing shinji) hates the source material, which helps I think

yeah his hate makes him perfect for the role lmao

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Real hurthling! posted:

it took Sterling a long long time to realise that branding himself as The Gamer Hitler wasn't the best idea

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

disco elysium question: is apricot chewing gum sold irl and is there a best brand to try?

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
poppin down to the store and picking up a pack of gum that makes you miss your ex

they do make apricot fruit leather at least

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cool av posted:

Nice fake spoilers, idiot.

Kim wasn't even real he was just a delusion your brain created to hold all the memories you didn't want. That's why he "dies" at the exact moment you remember your address. Evrart's heart attack is completely unrelated.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Superanos posted:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1389686415517097985
can't believe it

a new call of duty game is coming this year
I play Warzone with friends and this month is MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH according to the load screen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

snoremac posted:

I play Warzone with friends and this month is MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH according to the load screen.

Hold F to pay respects?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

snoremac posted:

what does that mean? active duty get a free loot box?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

what does that mean? active duty get a free loot box?
you buy themed loot boxes and some troop charity gets a cut, but it's probably crooked af like most vague charity poo poo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Giant Bomb has felt like a zombie for a long time which is a bummer. The new company that bought them must REALLY suck.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

babypolis posted:

the pretend rivalries with other subforums is one of the weirdest things about this subforum.

*foaming at the mouth* FREAKIN FYAD!!!!!!!!!

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

every time I tried to listen to Gb in the past few years it depressed the living hell out of me and made me not want to play games anymore, and in that respect I recommend it to everyone and hope that these changes don't impact the quality of content

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

John Charity Spring posted:

it took Sterling a long long time to realise that branding himself as The Gamer Hitler wasn't the best idea

Jim's inability to market has kept them back which is a shame because they really are one of the best critics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good soup! posted:

*foaming at the mouth* FREAKIN FYAD!!!!!!!!!

it's true...idiocracy is becoming a documentary more and more every day