Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I haven't been able to play yet. Does she feel vulnerable to being shot out of the air easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I played one game with valk and had no idea what I was doing but flying is fun and the swarm missiles are very easy to blow up in your own face if you're stood too close to a wall.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

That sounds fun and... idk, probably pretty hilarious. Has anyone been hit by them yet? How much of an inconvenience is it?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I still can't use any heroes except the base ones. Might be a Steam thing? I was tempted to download another 40 GB install on Origin to try that.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Are people liking arena? I've only played a few rounds, but it hasn't been all that fun.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Matchmaking quality in Arena has seemed significantly worse than in regular queues. I keep getting the absolute dumbest teammates.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

The Strangest Finch posted:

That sounds fun and... idk, probably pretty hilarious. Has anyone been hit by them yet? How much of an inconvenience is it?

From what I saw they do 25 damage each and also a mini disruption like getting hit by an arc star, at least thats what happened when I shot it in my own face.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Seems they didn't fix the broken matchmaking for me, my first two Duos games didn't give me a teammate

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

SKULL.GIF posted:

Matchmaking quality in Arena has seemed significantly worse than in regular queues. I keep getting the absolute dumbest teammates.

I thought the developers said it has no skilled matchmaking atm.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if its a whole new ELO system or if its just that with the new season comes a huge horde of either returning or brand new people?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

err posted:

I thought the developers said it has no skilled matchmaking atm.

It has no ranked mode for now, that's coming later, but Shrugtal thinks the unranked mode has hidden MMR for matchmaking

If they didn't seed arena MMR from BR MMR then it'll take a few stomps to get your number up

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Bocek Bow absolutely getting nerfed, the drat thing is basically a better Wingman. Get the hop-up on it and like I said it deletes people, I just watched a pubbies with "I'm good" badges rip an entire well-kitted enemy squad down at like 80 meters, christ. It was brutal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Mozambique buff is real substantial, it's actually usable as a sidearm now outside gimmicks.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Strangest Finch posted:

I am absolutely murdering anyone who dares take cover against me with it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Arena is fun but holy hell does it suck as a 2v3. At least in BR you can 3rd party and pull out a win.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

xtal posted:

I still can't use any heroes except the base ones. Might be a Steam thing? I was tempted to download another 40 GB install on Origin to try that.

Same on PS4. Also I can't access the legends menu and my currency monitor is freaking out.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
A little wild that they dropped a new legend, but no way to buy them because I now have 0/-9999 of all currency.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Haven't tried BR side, but arena runs way smoother on switch. Also g7 is the bow killer with the ads speed. Gibby is super powered with the bow though.

Only stopped because the game locks me out of legends every other game.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Aquasnake posted:

A little wild that they dropped a new legend, but no way to buy them because I now have 0/-9999 of all currency.

Don't sweat it, even if you get to unlock her and manage to pick her during selection, you will most likely revert to one of the 6(?) original legends before you load into the map.

Had another teammate successfully pick her, next game I could select her and launched from the dropship as Lifeline.

Sitting in the main menu long enough sometimes seem to unlock the legend screen and unlock her.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

had an arena round with double lifelines (it booted me from valk after select)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

after 10 games of arena i've won 10 games of arena

a crumb of MMR please respawn

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think they accidentally buffed the Spitfire. This recoil is way easier to control.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

overwhelming huntsman sniper meta vibes

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Respawn bringing the nostalgia from the other tf2

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its cool to pick one legend, get loaded with another, and have the model of a third or even fourth over the course of a round

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Revitalized posted:

I hung around his stream for a bit and it was very wholesome when he started getting lots of subs and told some story about his tiger mom giving him poo poo for being a streamer or something, but he seems like a really nice guy from the little bit I watched. I think he's ending S8 as #4 Apex Predator.
Baron is a very good dude and one of the nicest streamers out there. And has a great ASMR voice.

FWIW His mom gave him more than just poo poo about streaming - resorting to downright bullying.

https://twitter.com/xBaronful/status/1376379686842855427

He's fairly open about it and doing better these days on his own, having moved out as soon as he was 18. Hope my man gets Partner on the next application.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The bow is absolutely insane, and the sentinel is actually really good with deadeyes tempo now. Definitely gonna be a sniper meta this time around, especially with the current state of the Bocek.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
How does the dead eye thing work? I don't see an indicator or anything.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

tetsuo posted:

Baron is a very good dude and one of the nicest streamers out there. And has a great ASMR voice.

FWIW His mom gave him more than just poo poo about streaming - resorting to downright bullying.

https://twitter.com/xBaronful/status/1376379686842855427

He's fairly open about it and doing better these days on his own, having moved out as soon as he was 18. Hope my man gets Partner on the next application.

Yeah I really enjoyed the little bit I saw of him last night. Gonna throw my prime sub his way when mines opens up again. Love how he's both incredibly skilled and also completely non-toxic. We kinda felt a little bad about dropping on him once we got to hear his story... but it was random fate that we queued into the same game.

The voice definitely caught me off guard when I first opened his stream though haha. I wish the guy all the luck and hope he succeeds 100%

xtal posted:

How does the dead eye thing work? I don't see an indicator or anything.

You know how when you draw the string back there's a little bar underneath the crosshair that fills up? When you have Deadeye, there's two additional mini bars underneath that bar which show how many "Charges" you've built up. At max charges, you can draw the string to max very fast.

There's also an audio cue if you are letting loose a Deadeye affected shot. It sounds like a metal twang.

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 5, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Chard posted:

its cool to pick one legend, get loaded with another, and have the model of a third or even fourth over the course of a round

Yeah, I am kind of amazed they find new ways to break their game with every new season launch. It's quite inspiring, to be honest.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sounds like people are just gonna macro the poo poo out of the bow/sentinel if there's no variance in the sweet spot

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Got into one game of arena, after the first round it closed due to internal server error.

This is after it changed me to lifeline.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Songbearer posted:

Sounds like people are just gonna macro the poo poo out of the bow/sentinel if there's no variance in the sweet spot

Why not just do it normally without a macro?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, I am kind of amazed they find new ways to break their game with every new season launch. It's quite inspiring, to be honest.

I'm truly impressed how its actually a bigger fuckup each time, too.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

The question is, do they take lessons from Niantic, or the other way around?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

dogstile posted:

I'm impressed it will let me play a fully functional round of Apex with so much poo poo broken. Maybe I'm lucky but I haven't had much lag season 9 at all

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Crypto only gets one drone per arena round. Can't tell if they hate or ignore this hero.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The wild thing is the payment side of things is hosed up too. Normally when games launch new content all sorts of poo poo may be hosed up but they make drat well sure people can still give them money, and welp

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

xtal posted:

Lol Crypto only gets one drone per arena round. Can't tell if they hate or ignore this hero.

Is it the life of one drone or just one in-and-out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

TracerBullet posted:

Is it the life of one drone or just one in-and-out?

Its one life until it dies