Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

What does that mean? I've only ever seen the Christchurch shooter do that so right now I'm assuming it means Han just shot a bunch of muslim people.

It used to be a fun game where you'd trick your buddies into seeing you make that gesture, and then they'd be mad that you "got" them. Kinda like "You just lost The Game".

Then Nazis ruined it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

rydiafan posted:

It used to be a fun game where you'd trick your buddies into seeing you make that gesture, and then they'd be mad that you "got" them. Kinda like "You just lost The Game".

Then Nazis ruined it.

Ok thank you for the clear and concise explanation.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

Then Nazis ruined it.

You get to slug the person who sees it on the shoulder in my regional variant.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
The circle game used to be below the waist, nazis used to do it above the waist

But now it's a below the waist thing too

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 4, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dan Fielding is going to have to be turned down. Which is ok because he's gotta be 70 by now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

We are further away from the start of That 70s Show than the start of That 70s Show was from the 70s.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gripweed posted:

We are further away from the start of That 70s Show than the start of That 70s Show was from the 70s.

We're closer to the next 50's than we are from the end of Happy Days

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

General Dog posted:

We're closer to the next 50's than we are from the end of Happy Days

What?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

We’re closer to the time James Kirk drove his stepdads mustang off a cliff than when jar jar binks gave senator palatine emergency powers

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

It's 29 years until 2050, it's over 29 years since happy days ended.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's 29 years until 2050, it's over 29 years since happy days ended.

What the gently caress does that have to do with That 70s Show?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does anyone remember that 80s Show.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Gripweed posted:

What?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gripweed posted:

Happy Days was a show about the 50s and That 70s Show was a show about the 70s and they're both now a lot closer to the periods that they were nostalgic for than they are to present day

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no the alcohol induced dementia is coming from inside the thread now

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Reality Protester posted:

does anyone remember that 80s Show.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
when I see more star trek content coming :sickos:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i have to confess that i have skipped all but three RLM star trek videos

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

Space Kablooey posted:

All RLM videos are star trek videos though?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

Very smart. It’s good to squirrel away some quality RLM videos to watch during the harsh winters of nothing new coming out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think Star Trek sucks and I think I only skipped the re:View for their own Star Trek idea and the Picard eps.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The 100th anniversary of Citizen Kane is closer to today than the the release of the matrix.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i am 20 years closer to the grave than i was in 2001 and, frankly, i am glad of it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

General Dog posted:

Happy Days was a show about the 50s and That 70s Show was a show about the 70s and they're both now a lot closer to the periods that they were nostalgic for than they are to present day

So it was just a complete nonsequitor.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

My favourite is the red letter media videos showing a bunch of clips specifically contrasting prequel Yoda's wise mystic sayings against Obi-Wan saying "this weapon is your life" and such, with the point being that the prequels are bad for getting it wrong. I think at one point they literally show Mace Windu saying "we're keepers of the peace not soldiers" and then cut to the Jedi fighting in a war at the end, as if to point out a plot hole. And these guys love movies!!

I once saw a dude talking about TLJ say "did you notice how at the start Luke scoffs at the idea of facing down the First Order with his laser sword, then at the end that's exactly what he does" in a smug sort of "Rian Johnson is an idiot" way. Like uh, yeah I did, that was on purpose

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-lord-of-the-rings-dominic-monaghan-billy-boyd-launch-podcast-1234749628/

OMG yes

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd are heading back to Middle Earth.

The pair, who played hobbits Merry and Pippin in The Lord of the Rings, are launching a podcast about the hit film franchise.

The duo are launching The Friendship Onion with podcast producer Kast Media and the series will premiere on May 18. They will bring banter, stories and comedy to the podcasting space, each week digging into the latest in pop culture, put fans’ Lord of the Rings knowledge to the test, reveal exclusive stories from filming and maybe even welcome surprise drop-ins from famous faces.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this hurts the cowcaster

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
“EXCLUSIVE: Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd are heading back to Middle Earth.”

Yeeessssss

“Podcast”

Noooooooo

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Get Elijah Wood on that podcast and you'd have a banger. Those 3 getting up to shenanigans was some of the best content on the LOTR's extras.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Still miffed Amazon is spending a billion on a Game of Thrones version of Lord of the Rings yet canceled their Culture series (the better Star Trek).

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Just Chamber posted:

Get Elijah Wood on that podcast and you'd have a banger. Those 3 getting up to shenanigans was some of the best content on the LOTR's extras.

Sure but “podcast obviously thrown up to promote the upcoming Amazon show” sounds lovely

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Still miffed Amazon is spending a billion on a Game of Thrones version of Lord of the Rings yet canceled their Culture series (the better Star Trek).

You really want anything related to Jeff Bezos handling the Culture?

The guy is Veppers from Surface Detail. I somehow doubt the show's producers would appreciate the irony.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Just Chamber posted:

The blind interview where Dominic kept trolling him was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqEABqaEuo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

infernal machines posted:

You really want anything related to Jeff Bezos handling the Culture?

The guy is Veppers from Surface Detail. I somehow doubt the show's producers would appreciate the irony.

They might be the only people that could afford to adapt it sadly.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gutcruncher posted:

Sure but “podcast obviously thrown up to promote the upcoming Amazon show” sounds lovely

Ehhh it's not like those two are doing anything else

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Groovelord Neato posted:

They might be the only people that could afford to adapt it sadly.

Which I think makes a reasonable point about it being a bad idea in general.

It's probably okay if the Culture remains just those ten books written by Ian M. Banks. It doesn't have to be anything else.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

got to love when people make fun of The Room's use of framed pictures of spoons as set decoration, as if it happened on accident

they say stuff like "she just announces off-handedly that she has breast cancer and it's never brought up again"
uh, yes, that's the entire point

it blows my mind that people who supposedly enjoy movies can watch Johnny get annoyed and say he doesn't want to talk about work and then immediately ask Mark about his sex life and think that the contrast is somehow "unintentional" and therefore the movie's bad

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

endless_trash.gif

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
[eating a hamburger filled with sand] people who bite into a hamburger and find out it's full of sand love to pat each other on the back for noticing that hamburgers aren't usually filled with sand, as if that's some amazing revelation. they don't even spare a second thought that the sand and the burger and part of a single cohesive whole let alone question what it might be saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Prequels have a lot of lame parts but "the jedi are hypocrites" isnt one of them imo