Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i must have the purple iphone. timb... you finally did it you beautiful bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I regret jumping in on the blue one but the purple was way out of left field

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
smythe get the princephone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

smythe get the princephone

i like to think of it as the mace windu phone =D

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

windu phone

I miss my windus phone. so much better than android or ios.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hand me my iPhone. it’s the one that says bad motherfucker on it

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Silver Alicorn posted:

I regret jumping in on the blue one but the purple was way out of left field

I got the sickly green one to match my demeanor

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

1blocker requires 10.15. this is a mid-2011 mba so 10.13 is my ceiling.

adguard worked, though, so i installed it.

not sure if you care to upgrade or not but there seem to be unofficial support for 10.15

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

lmao. so apple completely broke safari 14.1 on catalina and mojave. like any website that uses multiple redirects (say, anything with a secure sign in portal) is just completely hosed.

good stuff
just read the notes for that, looks like it was XSS Attack fix.

then:
https://eclecticlight.co/2021/04/30/apple-has-pulled-safari-14-1-update-for-mojave-and-catalina/

Included in the macOS updates this week was Safari version 14.1 for Mojave and Catalina (this was also included within Big Sur 11.3 update). Apple has pulled those Safari updates today, apparently because on those two versions of macOS the update breaks WebAuthN.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

deleted my terrible posts.

why?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we got a chance to turn back the clock

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

to hide the shame.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

just read the notes for that, looks like it was XSS Attack fix.

then:
https://eclecticlight.co/2021/04/30/apple-has-pulled-safari-14-1-update-for-mojave-and-catalina/

Included in the macOS updates this week was Safari version 14.1 for Mojave and Catalina (this was also included within Big Sur 11.3 update). Apple has pulled those Safari updates today, apparently because on those two versions of macOS the update breaks WebAuthN.

unfortunately, pulling the updates doesn't revert to a working version for anyone unlucky enough to have already updated

doing an in-place os install to fix a browser patch is loving laffo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/1389586354984661003
lmao

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

as always, steve was ahead of the curve

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah that's some 3021 poo poo right there

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ten years after his death his wisdom still instructs us

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
the entirety of yospos couldn't come up with fecebook on our own, but for stebe, it was just a Tuesday

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sniep posted:

the entirety of yospos couldn't come up with fecebook on our own, but for stebe, it was just a Tuesday

It's nice in text form but doesn't really work out loud. Pretty weak to be honest.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
but at the same time steve jobs would never say "fuckerberg" so who's to say who's truly superior

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

tk posted:

It's nice in text form but doesn't really work out loud. Pretty weak to be honest.

just lol if you ever speak a single word of this subform aloud

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sniep posted:

11 am pst on a tuesday

haveblue posted:

but at the same time steve jobs would never say "fuckerberg" so who's to say who's truly superior

he definitely would have called them jeff bozos, mark fuckerberg, and @jackoff

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Sniep posted:

love to post in why oh ess pee oh ess

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sniep posted:

what i talk about yohss-pohss all the time

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

mediaphage posted:

what i talk about yohss-pohss all the time

lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nothing wrong with calling the occasional yos a pos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tk posted:

you say that now, but steve cpuld go up on stage at macworld and just say

"get this: fecebook."

and you'd be like drat. there it is. it's so obvious in retrospect. how could it be any other way

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
remember when there were a couple of versions of ios that had deep system-level integration with facebook? and then suddenly it was gone?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

our king steve

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Last Chance posted:

our king steve
much like arthur, in our hour of greatest need stebe will return and lead yospos to victory

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

remember when there were a couple of versions of ios that had deep system-level integration with facebook? and then suddenly it was gone?

RIP os x facebook and twitter integration, ios 5-ios 11

I guess someone at apple decided that allying with those sites and encouraging users to be dependent on them was not a good idea

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

he's right

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

i'm enjoying a lot of stuff coming out of the epic vs apple trial but this email from daddy tim about tim sweeney has loving killed me
https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389661193011351561

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tim only cares about you if you host a late night talk show or make accessible pop music

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

njsykora posted:

i'm enjoying a lot of stuff coming out of the epic vs apple trial but this email from daddy tim about tim sweeney has loving killed me
https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389661193011351561

i enjoyed sony's meltdown and ransom demands re: cross platform multiplayer.

death to closed platforms

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

qustion for people with apple music, can you get siri to play a specific album if it is self-titled or there is a song with a similar name? it appears to be impossible with youtube music

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

mods pls chg my name to FeceBook Fuckerberg tia

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Jenny Agutter posted:

qustion for people with apple music, can you get siri to play a specific album if it is self-titled or there is a song with a similar name? it appears to be impossible with youtube music

you can say “play album <album name>” and apple music will do the right thing

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

speaking of apple vs epic, y'all saw this bit from scott forstall about flash, right?

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/27/apple-tried-to-help-adobe-bring-flash-to-ios-but-the-results-were-embarrassing/

quote:

We did not ship Flash. We tried to make Flash work. We helped Adobe. We definitely were interested. Again, this is one where I thought if we could help make it work, this could be great. Flash has been such a problem because the way that it hooks into systems, it’s been a virus nightmare on Windows, even on the Mac. And when we got it running on iOS, the performance was just abysmal and embarrassing and it could never get to something which would be consumer value add.

picturing forstall wearing the "gently caress adobe your poo poo is garbage" shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

I just said "play the album rage against the machine" to siri and it played their self titled album fine

I also tried "play rage against the machine's self titled album" and that worked fine too