Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

yeah man. lol. lmao. we live in a society,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just wear a mask still. Don't worry about anyone else. It is easy to get back to normal.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Walk into gas station to prepay. woman has her dog iniside and no mask. give her a dirty look but gently caress it. she buys a fruity "health drink" and complains to the cashier about how she doesn't take meds any more cause they don't won't. cashier agrees, mask off her nose. the meds they gave her neice actually just made her sicker, so they stopped giving them to her.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
learn how to cook hth

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

DSM-6 page 420

"Chronic Applebees Hesitancy"

Patient must demonstrate two of the following:
1. Unhealthy consumption of alcohol - yet with no desire to take advantage of $8 pitcher night tm
2. Has not applied to at least 5 food service jobs in the past month (overlaps with Oppositional Employment Disorder, see pg 69)
3. Inability to spell the name "Trump" correctly
4. General disillusionment towards society
5. Unusual concern for the people of India or other countries

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 00:28 on May 5, 2021

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

Followup question: how did the 1918 pandemic end without a vaccine? Did it just get bad enough it scythed through the population not willing to take precautions until it burned itself out?

it mutated and became less virulent and became the dominant seasonal influenza A strain for the next few decades. lot of natural immunity from asymptomatic infections and surviving it too

the first influenza vaccines were developed during WWII. when the vaccine totally stopped working in 1947 it was discovered that influenza vaccines needed to be updated periodically

the 1957 H2N2 flu pandemic dislodged H1N1 and became the dominant influenza A

the 1968 H3N2 flu pandemic dislodged H2N2 and became the dominant influenza A

then the chinese or maybe the russians defrosted some classic flu from the '50s and set off H1N1 again

probably because they got spooked by the emergence of H1N1 swine flu in the U.S. in 1976 and started researching H1N1 lol

btw pigs probably had H1N1 because we gave it to them back in the 1910's

shackleford has issued a correction as of 00:38 on May 5, 2021

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Bullfrog posted:

DSM-6 page 420

1. Unhealthy consumption of alcohol - yet with no desire to take advantage of $8 pitcher night tm
2. Has not applied to at least 5 food service jobs in the past month (overlaps with Oppositional Employment Disorder, see pg 69)
3. Inability to spell the name "Trump" currently

drat, I'm 2, 4, and 5. What do you prescribe?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
My new pup is actively choosing to pee inside on my wood floors instead of outside. I'll have him out for 20 minutes and nothing; then as soon as we're in he'll skirt over to the dining room and reenact the Piss Tape.

Advice???

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

DSM-6 page 420

3. Inability to spell the name "Trump" correctly

You know who didn't have Applebees hesitancy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYjLCZRT44

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
1. Put training pads on the wooden area where they like to pee
2. Put another training pad outside
3. Walk them out to the training pad at least every hour
4. Give them a treat when they go outside but not inside

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

paperwind posted:

xtal posted:

1. Put training pads on the wooden area where you like to pee
3. Walk yourself out to the training pad at least every hour
4. Give yourself a treat when you go outside but not inside

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bulgakov posted:

if i eventually eat in a place - the first time since the start of this garbage - im gonna be getting pho

my grocer just started selling thin sliced cuts of meat specifically for pho. it rules.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

xtal posted:

1. Put training pads on the wooden area where they like to pee
3. Walk them out to the training pad at least every hour
4. Give them a treat when they go outside but not inside

I've always heard pee pads convince them it is okay to pee inside

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/Brenbash/status/1389253549998100481

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Washington Department of Health is ... posting on medium??
https://medium.com/wadepthealth/covid-19-cases-are-increasing-again-in-washington-bf6dd1abd7a2

quote:

So how did we get here? Even with millions getting vaccinated?
There are five variants of concern spreading in Washington state. During the latest sequencing and variant report, we discovered a 35% increase in variants from the week before.
Experts believe these variants are causing more severe infections — raising hospitalization rates and ultimately, deaths. Over 600 hospitalizations were reported in the past week by state hospitals — the most we’ve seen in months.
Although people of all ages are vulnerable to COVID-19, the most recent wave seems to be impacting younger people more than others. People under the age of 50 currently make up half of Washington’s hospitalizations.
The virus continues to spread as more people let their guard down by not wearing masks, keeping physical distance, etc. Even if you are fully vaccinated, there are still guidelines to follow. We all need to do our part to slow the spread.
Demand for the vaccine is slowing, even though eligibility has expanded. The vaccine is our best shot to end the pandemic, and it’s effective against many variant strains.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Beached Whale posted:

Does weed cure this condition? I think I'm just gonna chief my way through this

Side effects are not guaranteed to happen and vary in severity. Don't psych yourself up to be deathly ill, but be prepared.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

paperwind posted:

50 cc's of Bloomin' Onion, stat

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

OK so what's the end game here? If we aren't going to pay people to take the vaccine and we aren't going to meaningfully force people to take it, then what happens? Do we just wait for some super mutant strain to tear through anyone not vaccinated until they're either dead or scared straight into taking it?

Followup question: how did the 1918 pandemic end without a vaccine? Did it just get bad enough it scythed through the population not willing to take precautions until it burned itself out?

Yes and yes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

spoiler: it's a double header so even with current rules we still have 8 more innings

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

spoiler: it's a double header so even with current rules we still have 8 more innings

We're going to lose like the Mariners.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

plague ball!

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

Walk into gas station to prepay. woman has her dog iniside and no mask. give her a dirty look but gently caress it. she buys a fruity "health drink" and complains to the cashier about how she doesn't take meds any more cause they don't won't. cashier agrees, mask off her nose. the meds they gave her neice actually just made her sicker, so they stopped giving them to her.

sounds like a self-solving problem

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WAR IS COMING WAR IS IMMINENT

and all will be well soon after

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

My new pup is actively choosing to pee inside on my wood floors instead of outside. I'll have him out for 20 minutes and nothing; then as soon as we're in he'll skirt over to the dining room and reenact the Piss Tape.

Advice???

Maybe pee inside with your dog to see whats up

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i would like to be unvaccinated please.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Nonsense posted:

covid will just become the flu and we can all go back to living

Pretty much.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I guess the hope is it mutates to a point of deadliness that you cannot ignore it, which uh is pretty grim.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Jon Irenicus posted:

this is your fault for attempting to prepay

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmao boar guy is an actual npc

just mindlessly regurgitating the exact goddamn catchphrase

what actually happened in the gbs thread? Its hard to read

this isnt directed at you, skull, i just love drama

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Google Butt posted:

your mom lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

I guess the hope is it mutates to a point of deadliness that you cannot ignore it, which uh is pretty grim.

the goon sighs and fires up the lathe of heaven

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was reading up in the 1918 flu and people ignored that one too

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

I was reading up in the 1918 flu and people ignored that one too

and had something like ~5 years of rolling awful global outbreaks to show for it. i feel like with advances in travel and vaccines we are just speed running the process

it'll take us 2, maybe 3 years tops. welcome to the future baby

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somebody who posts in gbs should tell the funeral director lady to come post in CSPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Time to bring back the Boomer Remover memes