Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone advise me on how to not become incredibly anxious when high?

I take a very low dose of THC oil at night to help me sleep. Once I fall asleep, it's fine, but up until then, I'm very fidgety. And for some reason, it feels like I need to pee all the time, even if my bladder is basically empty. So, I lay in bed fidgeting and questioning whether I need to pee or not until finally, I drop unconscious.

Likely this is due to physiological tension caused by anxiety, but I have no idea how to reduce it when I'm high. Does anyone have any tips and/or tricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dr.D-O posted:

I take a very low dose of THC oil at night to help me sleep. Once I fall asleep, it's fine, but up until then, I'm very fidgety. And for some reason, it feels like I need to pee all the time, even if my bladder is basically empty. So, I lay in bed fidgeting and questioning whether I need to pee or not until finally, I drop unconscious.

Likely this is due to physiological tension caused by anxiety, but I have no idea how to reduce it when I'm high. Does anyone have any tips and/or tricks?

Jack off dummy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Jack off dummy.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Do enough exercise to start sweating and see how you feel about it

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Jack off dummy.

Thanks for the response, but I can't do that.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

what kind of thc oil are you taking?

you might have a better experience with a cbd/thc blend like at 2:1 or maybe a 4:1 ratio.

imo cbd is much better at combatting anxiety than thc, but it also depends on how the particular strain interacts with your body and mind.

personally sativas tend to give me more of a fidgety feeling than indicas, but that varies by individual

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 3, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

what kind of thc oil are you taking?

you might have a better experience with a cbd/thc blend like at 2:1 or maybe a 4:1 ratio.

imo cbd is much better at combatting anxiety than thc, but it also depends on how the particular strain interacts with your body and mind

This was gonna be my recommendation. They make 2:1 and 4:1 blends that are meant for sleepy time and I've had friends that liked they a lot better than just straight THC. CBD can be used to help get yourself on better footing when you're too high, so that's what I'd suggest.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Weed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

citation needed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ror posted:

citation needed

Cite THIS!

*blows a huge weed cloud in ur face then starts coughing horribly, kneels down on one knee and groans about lungs hurting*

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.D-O posted:

you should use a 1:1 thc cbd oil, or even supplement with some cbd oil to make 1:3 or whatever

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

citation needed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Is “I smoke weed” a good enough citation for my essay on the side effects of weed

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

boop the snoot posted:

Is “I smoke weed” a good enough citation for my essay on the side effects of weed

Would you be considered a primary source?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my fury edge came this evening. cool looking device and feels high quality. ill try it out tomorrow with a "clean palate" as ive already been incinerating

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i have a fury edge, it's pretty good i really like it. i'm supposed to receive a dynavap 2021 m tomorrow, pretty excited about it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I took my dog to go buy weed and this woman took her mask off and started getting way too excited about how cute he is and how she wants to pet him. To the point that my dog hid behind me cuz she was making him uncomfortable. She looked so sad my dog didn't want her pets.

boop the snoot posted:

Here's Carl Sagan's essay on weed
http://marijuana-uses.com/mr-x/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Velvet Witch posted:

Would you be considered a primary source?

Does it matter if I’m high?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

boop the snoot posted:

Does it matter if I’m high?

not at all

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what temp is best to vape at besides the obvious 420 degrees ??

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

thathonkey posted:

My thermostat is usually in the low 70s. Pretty comfy for vaping.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

got my dynavap m in the mail tonight and i'm fucken blazed. i can't decide if i like the arizer extreme q or the dynavap better. they're both good in different ways. dynavap has a very unique and cool thing going on though. i wish it had a bigger bowl so i could load more in at once.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

thathonkey posted:

350 to 375 for flavor. 430 for max extraction.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

Usually start around 350-360, work my way up to 390-400. Above that I've had gotten more anxious highs and I did'nt like that

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Sanctum posted:

I took my dog to go buy weed and this woman took her mask off and started getting way too excited about how cute he is and how she wants to pet him. To the point that my dog hid behind me cuz she was making him uncomfortable. She looked so sad my dog didn't want her pets.

Here's Carl Sagan's essay on weed
http://marijuana-uses.com/mr-x/

This bowl's for you, Dr. Sagan. I'm going to go watch some Cosmos.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Hell Yeah posted:

got my dynavap m in the mail tonight and i'm fucken blazed. i can't decide if i like the arizer extreme q or the dynavap better. they're both good in different ways. dynavap has a very unique and cool thing going on though. i wish it had a bigger bowl so i could load more in at once.

if you suck on it in little puffs like you’re trying to shotgun a cigarette as fast as possible

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I coughed so goddamn hard last night taking a dab that I threw my back out.

Not the first time either, thanks to decade and change old army injuries.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I use a fury edge at 370 and that seems to make me way less likely to get anxiety. Thanks to whoever suggested that a month or two ago.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
This sativa blend is weak when sifted through my grinder but it creates so much kief that is so loving strong. like jesus, i shouldn't be grinding this maybe. i'm separating all the hard-hitting active stuff in the sugary coating when i should be smokin git with the flower that is otherwise weak

i hit that kief now my eyes are knives every time i blink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Picked up some jack herer concentrate today, it can't be said enough how amazing it is to be like "oh poo poo I'm out of weed, better go down to the weed store and buy more weed". Every time I'm there I still have trouble believing it.

Also, it's been said before but this puffco dab rig has ruined me for vaping herb. It's just not the same.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

did i commiserate with y'all by saying i'm moving from a state with legal weed to texas? lol. i am scared and spoiled, i'm a med patient so i don't pay tax so i kind of love dispensaries

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

i'm also already paranoid af when i'm high and running errands so i imagine in a state where it's straight up illegal i am gonna freak tf out constantly

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

jimmychoo posted:

did i commiserate with y'all by saying i'm moving from a state with legal weed to texas? lol. i am scared and spoiled, i'm a med patient so i don't pay tax so i kind of love dispensaries

Post in the schadenfreude thread because that’s where you belong

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Is everyone getting the Dynavap "M" model? Can you just put a nugget in there and grind it with the connection cap or is it something different?

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

:(
that's actually the funniest thread on this entire site though

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

jimmychoo posted:

You should arrange with a buddy to send you hash or something

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Renew your medical card before moving, so you can drive back and top off if need be. Probably want to keep your old license a little longer than Texas would like, too. You can change plates without changing licenses. As many Texas plates as I see in Colorado, with expired inspection stickers and often expired tags, they can take some of their own medicine.

New Mexico is moving along with recreational, so it's not always going to be as far as you think. And Oklahoma and Arkansas have medical, but they're not exactly going to leaps and bounds to make it accessible.

Local and county laws are the strict ones, iirc state law is pretty minor for flower, but concentrates are felony possession, so be careful in the land of ERCOT and republicans.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Renew your medical card before moving, so you can drive back and top off if need be. Probably want to keep your old license a little longer than Texas would like, too. You can change plates without changing licenses. As many Texas plates as I see in Colorado, with expired inspection stickers and often expired tags, they can take some of their own medicine.

New Mexico is moving along with recreational, so it's not always going to be as far as you think. And Oklahoma and Arkansas have medical, but they're not exactly going to leaps and bounds to make it accessible.

Local and county laws are the strict ones, iirc state law is pretty minor for flower, but concentrates are felony possession, so be careful in the land of ERCOT and republicans.

honestly probably less risky to fly it these days. tsa doesnt give a poo poo about weed in most american airports, but on the road there are definitely places where the cops are actively going after people travelling from legal into illegal states, ive seen these kinds of traps in idaho (targetting washington) and kansas (targetting colorado) and heard of them in plenty of other spots.

those places are becoming fewer as legalization expands but they are still out there and if hypothetically caught with a personal amount of weed i would absolutely rather be dealing with a tsa agent than a state trooper or sheriff in an illegal state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Earwicker posted:

honestly probably less risky to fly it these days. tsa doesnt give a poo poo about weed in most american airports, but on the road there are definitely places where the cops are actively going after people travelling from legal into illegal states, ive seen these kinds of traps in idaho (targetting washington) and kansas (targetting colorado) and heard of them in plenty of other spots.

those places are becoming fewer as legalization expands but they are still out there and if hypothetically caught with a personal amount of weed i would absolutely rather be dealing with tsa than a state trooper or sheriff in an illegal state

You’re no angel!