Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

AnacondaHL posted:

Aside from Deck of Lunacy, which you're unfortunately a few days late on the full dust refund but feel free to dust it now, all of these legendaries have high Regret Risk. You really should wait until at least the mini-set before dusting Standard-playable cards.

edit: Actual advice: you're many Rares short of a full set, meaning I recommend first focusing on spending gold/$ on packs until at least you have all the rares, then you can think about dust and crafting epics/legendaries afterwards.

Huh, quoting in dark mode makes everything pink. Interesting!

On another note thank you so much for this advice, I'll keep on keeping on as I am, at least I have one playable deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Mayveena posted:

So if you're buying a deck, which one? I'm planning on getting Risk Warrior. I know Priest has a higher win rate, but it's too slow for me.

E: What's interesting is that the deck recipes don't correspond to the deck's being sold, at least for Pally. Their Pally deck that they are selling for $20 is not in the deck recipes. That deck has Cannonmaster in it, which I don't have because the HS replay deck I'm using doesn't use it.

Hopefully a deck list of all the sold decks will show up somewhere soonish :).

I'm gonna get the Rogue one because it's the one I have the least cards of and want to try that play style.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

early bgs trip report: quilboars are a pretty fun tribe with a lot of snowballing potential

once you figure out how you are generating blood gems you can make pretty beefy midgame boards and push for a winning comp

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Are there any legendaries that are currently out of vogue/generally "bad" that are safe to dust? Here's my list of them so far:

Guff Runetotem
Deck of Lunacy
Xyrella
Neeru Fireblade
Overlord Saurfang
Moonfang
N'zoth, God of the Deep

I'm kinda hard up on dust right now and would wanna go for another deck for some variety. Some token druids use Guff but he hasn't been a gamewinner for me so I wouldn't mind losing him.

Alternatively here's my collection: https://hsreplay.net/collection/2/17464881/

Sorry if it's a bit presumptuous for someone to go through this, just don't want to fall into the trap of dusting something that was actually really good and was a silly move to do so.
None of those legendaries are super op, but I had fun with every single one of them. Maybe except Guff, he's the only one I didn't use in my decks yet.

I made a mistake when I started Hearthstone years ago, when I was dusting every card I wasn't playing and it just made it worse for me to build the whole collection once I decided that I want it. Based on what I went through, I'd have preferred not dusting then re-crafting cards I already owned, it felt super bad doing that.

I settled on dusting every single premium card if I have two (or one for legendaries) non premium copies as the source of my dust. Also, filtering the collection for all cards and dusting old premiums, etc.

How much dust are you short from being able to build your deck? (i.e. do you need to dust all the cards or some, etc?)

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

kaaj posted:

None of those legendaries are super op, but I had fun with every single one of them. Maybe except Guff, he's the only one I didn't use in my decks yet.

I made a mistake when I started Hearthstone years ago, when I was dusting every card I wasn't playing and it just made it worse for me to build the whole collection once I decided that I want it. Based on what I went through, I'd have preferred not dusting then re-crafting cards I already owned, it felt super bad doing that.

I settled on dusting every single premium card if I have two (or one for legendaries) non premium copies as the source of my dust. Also, filtering the collection for all cards and dusting old premiums, etc.

How much dust are you short from being able to build your deck? (i.e. do you need to dust all the cards or some, etc?)

I'd be a couple of thousand dust short regardless of whatever deck I'd want to build, according to HSReplay's decks, I just figured I might have some dust locked up in a legendary card that would help go towards that but because I'm kind of new to using an ounce of gray matter here I'm anxious about dusting something that's actually really good. Your anecdote is pretty much what I'm afraid of - dusting a bunch of stuff and then regretting it later. I'll hold fire until the mini set and then grab that and re-evaluate.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'd be a couple of thousand dust short regardless of whatever deck I'd want to build, according to HSReplay's decks, I just figured I might have some dust locked up in a legendary card that would help go towards that but because I'm kind of new to using an ounce of gray matter here I'm anxious about dusting something that's actually really good. Your anecdote is pretty much what I'm afraid of - dusting a bunch of stuff and then regretting it later. I'll hold fire until the mini set and then grab that and re-evaluate.

Yeah chill for a bit, especially on Barrens cards which will stick around for 2 years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
drat Quilboars snowball fast in BGs.

EDIT: This is like Elementals on release. If you're not playing Quilboars you're gonna lose.
EDIT2: Bonker is super busted with Reno.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 4, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's a card that was either scrapped or leaked from the mini-set. It was in the press release card list

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Quillboars seem like better Elementals so far.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Guff will almost certainly see play, though maybe not until next year since the amount of spell/token support is overwhelming at this point

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

EDIT2: Bonker is super busted with Reno.

Yeah...

Turns out getting 8 blood gems a turn that each give +2/+2 is preeeetty good.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RatHat posted:

Here's a card that was either scrapped or leaked from the mini-set. It was in the press release card list

Seems stupidly weak for what it costs.

Like, was it supposed to be an Arena card? :psyduck:

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
It's anti-Rush tech. Still probably not that great, but in principle it could do good work against Warrior.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mayveena posted:

So if you're buying a deck, which one? I'm planning on getting Risk Warrior. I know Priest has a higher win rate, but it's too slow for me.

E: What's interesting is that the deck recipes don't correspond to the deck's being sold, at least for Pally. Their Pally deck that they are selling for $20 is not in the deck recipes. That deck has Cannonmaster in it, which I don't have because the HS replay deck I'm using doesn't use it.

Hopefully a deck list of all the sold decks will show up somewhere soonish :).

The decklists match what's listed in the original announcement
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23665633/quilboar-join-battlegrounds-and-battle-ready-decks

it's just the order of the cards in the shop isn't by mana cost, it's by rarity.

Only Mage, Druid, and DH battle-ready decks have questionable playability, the rest of the decks are playable. And if you're looking for value you can just count up the legendaries/epics based on what you don't own yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Update is up on iOS already. Pretty speedy, hope they keep that up.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PSA: Battle ready decks all have some standard cards in them so even best case scenario you won't get 30 cards.

I might get the DH one since it at least has 2 legendaries I don't own, I'm extremely stupid and spent like 10k dust crafting poo poo legendaries day one :downs:

Beasteh posted:

early bgs trip report: quilboars are a pretty fun tribe with a lot of snowballing potential

once you figure out how you are generating blood gems you can make pretty beefy midgame boards and push for a winning comp

They're a ton of fun, might be neat to have in the main game.

Too bad we have frenzy instead because lol is it ever bad.

AnacondaHL posted:

The decklists match what's listed in the original announcement
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23665633/quilboar-join-battlegrounds-and-battle-ready-decks

it's just the order of the cards in the shop isn't by mana cost, it's by rarity.

Only Mage, Druid, and DH battle-ready decks have questionable playability, the rest of the decks are playable. And if you're looking for value you can just count up the legendaries/epics based on what you don't own yet.

I want the DH one to be good so bad, I kinda think quillboars are cool :negative:

I wonder if Glide and Sphere to help not draw stuff would make it less embarassing.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 5, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Quilboars are really fun to play, but they hurt my head. I roped every turn on my first game. Also lost to a ghost at top 4 due to getting greedy with blood gem production.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Thinking about getting the Hunter one for value cause it's 3 Legendaries I don't own (even if Kreen is prob suboptimal), and 4 epics. That's got to be better than the next random ~30 pack bundle that goes for similar prices

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They should honestly just disable pirates and quillboars on mobile. I'm sympathetic to their adding higher apm stuff as the game gets more elaborate but how can anyone do this on a phone???

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Got the Rogue Battle Ready deck and it's really fun! Makes sense why people like to play Rogue; turns out, the more cards you get to play, the more fun you have.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Paladin seemed like the safest bet for me so I grabbed that one. Really I don't feel like I could've gone wrong with any of the sets that had Kazakus since he seems to have a fair bit of overlap across multiple classes, I just gravitated towards the highest winrate.

Also grabbed Dame Hazelbark from the shop because I wanted her since I came back. OLD LADY TREE POWER!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Man, Charlga is pretty sick. Even without synergies, she buffs the whole board. I tripled into her, whiffed the next 3 turns looking for a third Agapiggy and still got 1st. It helps that I had the menagerie quilboar dude as well.

It seems like the biggest issue with playing quilboars is how much space they demand. They're really are boar-d hogs.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I had all the original classic legendaries plus Sylvanas and Velen when he moved to Wild. I did not have one though... Ragnaros. However, for some reason, it said I had all the classic legendaries though and gave me a Diamon Ragnaros. Sweet. Did they not count Rag/Sylvanas/Velen in that? Not that I'm complaining.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Are there any legendaries that are currently out of vogue/generally "bad" that are safe to dust? Here's my list of them so far:

Guff Runetotem
Deck of Lunacy
Xyrella
Neeru Fireblade
Overlord Saurfang
Moonfang
N'zoth, God of the Deep

I'm kinda hard up on dust right now and would wanna go for another deck for some variety. Some token druids use Guff but he hasn't been a gamewinner for me so I wouldn't mind losing him.

Alternatively here's my collection: https://hsreplay.net/collection/2/17464881/

Sorry if it's a bit presumptuous for someone to go through this, just don't want to fall into the trap of dusting something that was actually really good and was a silly move to do so.

I think others have answered, but for my opinion:

Guff Runetotem: Not played much right now, but it's very easy to believe he will be good in some future meta. His effect is quite strong if the spells are right.
Deck of Lunacy: Not played much since the nerf, but it's still a fine card in no-minion mage. Plus it is a lot of fun to use - the overall effect will also change dramatically as different spells are released.
Xyrella: Really good card. As long as Priest has cheap heals of some kind, Xyrella will be a great boardsweeper. If you have interest in playing Priest, keep.
Neeru: Requires a specific deck archetype which may not be the highest win rate, but it looks like a lot of fun to play. Check out Kibler's videos recently on deck burn Warlock. If you have no interest in that style, probably a safeish dusting.
Overlord Saurfang: Not played right now because the Rush warrior deck is better than ones that use Frenzy. Not enough good Frenzy targets. Personally I'd keep at least until the mini-set. It's possible that with one or two excellent targets, this card can get the value it needs. But if hurting for dust, this is probably not the worst of that list to dust.
Moonfang: Out of your list, probably the safest to dust. Has some purpose in Druid right now but it's not really a required part of that deck.
Nzoth: Personally, I'd keep N'zoth. Has a potential role in a lot of different control decks, opens up some new ways of building decks.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Moonfang's turned up in some pally lists too but as a very non-critical part of the deck.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

Im part of the problem. I love the current version of control warlock and play it even though I barely eke out 50% winrate on ladder.

It's just so fun to play.

Is the current meta control lock deck really so hard to play?

I will admit I have played a lot of warlock across all the expansion (including a stint at discolock a few years ago). I am currently at a 57% winrate over 35 games with Tickatus warlock. Not using a standard list, I've modified it a bit over time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Menoinkerie

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I had all the original classic legendaries plus Sylvanas and Velen when he moved to Wild. I did not have one though... Ragnaros. However, for some reason, it said I had all the classic legendaries though and gave me a Diamon Ragnaros. Sweet. Did they not count Rag/Sylvanas/Velen in that? Not that I'm complaining.

I don't know but I disenchanted Edwin when he got nerfed and I still got diamond Ragnaros.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BOAR FIGHT!

I love that everyone is just going full ham on the boars. Every top 4 fight is like a giant kajiu fight. Once people remember poison is a thing that will stop but for now it is a blast.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Saurfang did see play in the Master Tour as a tech option. The card is like one really good Frenzy minion away from being core in Warrior lists. Especially if Blizz caves and nerfs the aggro decks to be slower.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The quillboar have been a blast to play. It is nice because it fairly easy to pivet to them at tavern rank 3 or 4. I usually just grab whatever is best in the first few turn before trying figure out what my strategy is gonna be.

The 5* Aggem Thorncurse is much better than I thought. Baseline it turns a blood gem into a +2/2 with an extra +1/1 per tribe you have. With the 5* great boar it turns each gem into +4/4 which is just nuts. Heaven help your opponents if you get 4* dynamic duo in on the mix.

I thought 6* Captain Flat tusk was just going to be a worse 6* Charlga but he is also better than he seems. First off his counter remains between turns so you do get 3.33 gems per turn if you spend all 10 gold. And with boar like the Thorncurse you can make a more focus push and get more overall stats.

4* Bonkers is well... bonkers. Fairly reliable just get 2 blood gems without building up. But I did not realize just how powerful the gold form is. 8 blood gems every battle is better than 6* Charlga. Though I only seems to get 6 gems normally.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just noticed that they reset the Battlegrounds public MMR score? That's cool!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Thinking about getting the Hunter one for value cause it's 3 Legendaries I don't own (even if Kreen is prob suboptimal), and 4 epics. That's got to be better than the next random ~30 pack bundle that goes for similar prices

imho Kreen is underrated; he’s not very good in your already good matchups like Mage and Warlock, but he can do serious work against paladins and in the mirror. I’d definitely rather run him over a copy of arcane shot

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tess is pretty good when everyone in the lobby finds the fun and strong quilboars for you

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
deathrattle dh trip report:

stripped the watch towers from it, get owned by rush warrior to nobody's surprise least of all my own, but almost tier 3 against other decks!!!

I like it a lot. It might become sort of ok if it gets more support, but... lol.

No Wave posted:

They should honestly just disable pirates and quillboars on mobile. I'm sympathetic to their adding higher apm stuff as the game gets more elaborate but how can anyone do this on a phone???

that'd make queue times suck for mobile I bet.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I can confirm that poison completely shut down Quilboars. In my last lobby, a Reno had ran roughshod over everyone else with a full Quilboar deck. By the time he was just him and me, he had an Agamaggan at 66/66 and another minion at like 112/112 with 38 health left.

I had poison on all of my Murlocs along with a Deadly Spore and he proceeded to lose five times in a row.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

1stGear posted:

I can confirm that poison completely shut down Quilboars. In my last lobby, a Reno had ran roughshod over everyone else with a full Quilboar deck. By the time he was just him and me, he had an Agamaggan at 66/66 and another minion at like 112/112 with 38 health left.

I had poison on all of my Murlocs along with a Deadly Spore and he proceeded to lose five times in a row.

That's why you run both!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah if murlocs is allowed in your battleground then you definitely want to focus on the divine shield boars or you will probably lose.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Guys, Bonkers is not okay. And Golden Bonkers is double-plus not okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
His hero power is cool but Vol’jin seems pretty bad.