Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

having trouble thinking of a game where the presentation adds more for me than P5

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Kirby's Epic Yarn

:hmmyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I remember a lot of the discourse around that game when it first came out and how UGH IT'S SO EASY and how you can't die and how these things make it a bad game or whatever and it's like do you see how cute the game is you philistines

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Easy games own

Journey, Haven, Diablo 3, Disco Elysium, the story campaigns for Starcraft and WC3, TLOU2 on Normal, these are all things that could be legitimately described as "easy" and they all slap rear end

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 3 is excellent because the experience is totally malleable as to whether you want to steamroll GR90s in under 2 minutes or graduate to a bullet hell shooter in upper solo GR.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389661193011351561?s=20

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389636775442780161?s=20

Apple/Epic trial is fun

Weedle
May 31, 2006

loving lol i wish i could watch this

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389317270602649601?s=21

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389624893357101057?s=21

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

having trouble thinking of a game where the presentation adds more for me than P5

Absolutely, yeah. The presentation is such a huge part of the Persona 5 experience that it's honestly challenging for me to separate it out from the rest of the game. It adds a ton to everything you do, from combat to exploration to dialogue.

Part of me thinks a large part of the gap in whether someone likes or dislikes Persona 5 is "how much heavy lifting can the presentation do for you?" For me, it's apparently a lot.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the only way I'm learning anything about apple vs epic is if ALAB talks about it :colbert:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the only way I'm learning anything about apple vs epic is if ALAB talks about it :colbert:

I used to work for a non-gaming company called Epic and we frequently worked with Apple so I still keep having to double-take when I see "Apple vs. Epic"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mad Wack posted:

yeah they started to slip after ryan died, then the acquisition sped it up, and i think the split to gb and gb east killed them

just watch any of their old stuff and compare it to now and its obvious they are suffering and not happy with their jobs anymore

Yeah I am not sure how much of them leaving is due to acquisition stuff but I think every year at GOTY time it becomes clear that they don't really care about video games in anywhere near the same capacity as they used to. Like I don't think the old team gets together after this to make a new video game site, I think they just kind of do completely different stuff

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol it's hilarious that Tim Sweeney, even as a billionaire with decades of video game development under his belt, is still unknown in his own industry.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

lol it's hilarious that Tim Sweeney, even as a billionaire with decades of video game development under his belt, is still unknown in his own industry.

Its only natural with how many people work on games; if anything the people who are household celebrity names in the game industry are few and far between.

One top name gets lots of credit (and in Epic's case it was CliffyB) and everybody else is basically invisible.

Like, how many directors of cinematography can you list by name from Hollywood? How many can the average movie-viewer? A few big name directors are known (Speilberg, etc.) but otherwise...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tim sweeney's zzt is maybe one of the most consequential games in the western video game canon, is the weird thing

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tim Cook and Apple in general could not care less about games too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sweeney is known by games people imo, but that doesn't translate into other tech circles

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have no clue who the gently caress Tim Sweeney is. But I also don't really pay attention to the people behind the scenes. I could maybe name a few voice actors if pressed and that's about it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

homeless snail posted:

tim sweeney's zzt is maybe one of the most consequential games in the western video game canon, is the weird thing

It's still the first thing that pops in my head for his name all these decades later.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
hello I am typing to you from my new cheap rear end laptop

everything is so big on a real screen :stare:

also now i can post threads hehehe

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait were you phone posting without the Awful app?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

Wait were you phone posting without the Awful app?

one cannot simply "post threads" with the Awful app

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wait really

Edit What the gently caress

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 5, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/XylariaVG/status/1389745473200836609?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Countdown to all of Blizzard being reorganized into a COD support studio

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it would be an improvement at this point

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's not really what the article says, but whatever.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

hello I am typing to you from my new cheap rear end laptop

everything is so big on a real screen :stare:

also now i can post threads hehehe

And changed your avatar. I liked the old one.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it's true, the article specifies that each current member of blizzard will be liquified and fed to bobby kotick as a smoothie

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it's true, the article specifies that each current member of blizzard will be liquified and fed to bobby kotick as a smoothie

People smoothies are gross, I prefer McMishima burgers.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

And changed your avatar. I liked the old one.

I have the spinny kitty saved, I'll bring it back. :)

I just wanted to use the av cert that someone had bought me a while ago

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blizzards management is so loving lovely and bad. They just do not understand at all. The company badly needs new leadership and fast.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I said come in! posted:

Blizzards management is so loving lovely and bad. They just do not understand at all. The company badly needs new leadership and fast.

Well when the founders of the company all leave, things usually don't improve.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

werealltryingtofindtheguywhodidthis.png

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
30% drop in 3 years doesn't seem catastrophic to me given they haven't put out anything major in that time (yes, W3R's colossal failure notwithstanding)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

30% drop in 3 years doesn't seem catastrophic to me given they haven't put out anything major in that time (yes, W3R's colossal failure notwithstanding)

This is true. Blizzard has put Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo III into maintenance mode. Overwatch 2, Diablo Immortal, and Diablo IV are all in development hell cycles where they have disappeared.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

the only things keeping them alive are WoW Classic and Shadowlands, and thats barely. i don't think diablo immortal is going to do well at all.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/mattyhochs/status/1389690044567412741

remember the good times

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think I've queued up all the bingo gangtags (except Rarity, hers needs to be uploaded to the forums first), but if you haven't got yours in like the next 24 hours, PM me or quote me in here and I'll probably see it.

Congratulations to all bingo-doers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Who could have seen this coming?!

I lost interest in Blizzard after being burned by Diablo 3.