Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CBJSprague24 posted:

There are players who can be plucky or pests and fit the bill he's describing without being shitheads. Guys who piss you off unless they're on your team, at which point you love them. Patric Hornqvist and Scott Hartnell are examples.

Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand are not.

You don't think like 98% of Bruins and Caps fans love Wilson and Marchand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
like, at the same time?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/Skillsy75/status/1389722566273687559?s=19

I don't have an opinion on his actions but I like his actions

Every player in the league wants Tom Wilson on their team because it's the only way those players can ensure that their heads won't be cracked open like an egg on the ice by Tom Wilson

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
MLB just suspended a guy for 7 games for yelling meanly at an opposing player

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Glad the Rangers are going after the league and Parros. No suspension for a guy with Wilson’s history for that play is a joke.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mcmagic posted:

You don't think like 98% of Bruins and Caps fans love Wilson and Marchand?

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand are not.

really?

really?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Tom Wilson has had the low cunning to become a good player too which gives him extra leeway from the league. If he was just some poo poo 4th liner that's definitely a suspension.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The internet is apparently leaving threatening remarks on Wilson’s girlfriend’s instagram account.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

https://twitter.com/Account4hockey/status/1389712133659766788?s=19

Parros needs to loving go.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

shyduck posted:

The thing is that Wilson is a good hockey player and when he stays behind the line he plays a tough style and that all is fine.

But he intentionally crosses that line frequently to injure other players and then everyone hems and haws and says "yeah but he's a good player everyone would love to have him" and just use that to excuse him being a piece of poo poo that hides behind the league rules to intentionally injure other players.

Saying "but I'd like to have him on our team" is just the weakest excusing of his actions

The league also needs to stop hiring former players for this DoPS role since it just means a bunch of guys groomed to think this poo poo is normal

e: and again, seriously the league could have just suspended Wilson for the rest of the regular season and it would have been meaningless for the Caps and a few people would point that out but most people would just say "well he got suspended what more do you want?" and that would be that. But a paltry fine is just making it apparent how broken their discipline system is.

Levitate fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 5, 2021

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Levitate posted:

The thing is that Wilson is a good hockey player and when he stays behind the line he plays a tough style and that all is fine.

But he intentionally crosses that line frequently to injure other players and then everyone hems and haws and says "yeah but he's a good player everyone would love to have him" and just use that to excuse him being a piece of poo poo that hides behind the league rules to intentionally injure other players.

Saying "but I'd like to have him on our team" is just the weakest excusing of his actions

The league also needs to stop hiring former players for this DoPS role since it just means a bunch of guys groomed to think this poo poo is normal

Or at least stop hiring players who got punched in the head as a career for a decade

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Tomorrow’s game will be boring mostly because the Rangers have nobody to respond to Wilson

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Maybe let's not put 4th line goons with multiple concussions in charge of player safety

where's the shrug emoticon on this website

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

dew worm posted:

Tomorrow’s game will be boring mostly because the Rangers have nobody to respond to Wilson

I hope they go golfing with Wilson's knee. Caps going to be more cowardly and healthy scratch him.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

The Dirty Burger posted:

Or at least stop hiring players who got punched in the head as a career for a decade

Ironically, Parros' worst injury was from getting his helmetless head slammed into the ice.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Wilson punched a guy on the shoulder and threw panarin off him. Then the world melts down. loving love it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Despera posted:

Wilson punched a guy on the shoulder and threw panarin off him. Then the world melts down. loving love it

2011 reg date and you troll like this? How far we've fallen.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Jumping on Tom Wilson with no helmet, whats the worst that could happen?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
The NHL is going to be dumb enough to fine the Rangers more than Wilson got fined and then be surprised at the blowback from that

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

2011 reg date and you troll like this? How far we've fallen.

Trust me not far

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mike Works posted:

Maybe let's not put 4th line goons with multiple concussions in charge of player safety

where's the shrug emoticon on this website

It's just : shrug : This forum could use a purge of emoticons.

Mage_Boy posted:

Parros needs to loving go.
Goons from a bygone era should not be dictating punishments.

Despera posted:

Jumping on Tom Wilson with no helmet, whats the worst that could happen?
So you admit he has a history of poo poo like this? :jerkbag:

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 5, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Out the the entire season which ends in 4 days

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

deoju posted:

So you admit he has a history of poo poo like this? :jerkbag:

Should have laid him on the ice with the gentleness of a new born babe

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Despera posted:

Trust me not far

Considering your only posts in this thread are to stan for Wilson and troll exceptionally poorly that would be like trusting Tom not to hit a player in the numbers.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

mcvey posted:

Wilson's going to gently caress up anyone that comes after him and y'all will keep crying about him

this is what brings you back???

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

shyduck posted:

If I were a player I’d want him on my team too. The league is too maliciously incompetent to protect players and some team is going to keep signing him so the only safe zone is being on his team.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1389739123158642693

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

we have a guy who's 6'4", still one of the fastest players in the league, and has been on good behavior so he won't get too long of a ban, and we have casus belli. why isn't this being planned:

I'm mad at you :mad:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Good, having their farm team in a different country on the other side of the continent was... not ideal! Even without a pandemic.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I'm not trolling when I say I don't think Wilson did anything especially bad yesterday. Leaning on Buchnevich and giving him the business while he was pinned was scummy for sure, but didn't add up to much. Panarin had a bad outcome for losing a grapple with a much stronger guy whose back he jumped on. Slow-mo makes everything look absurdly intentional but I don't think Wilson really grabbed his hair or meant to brain him when slamming him down. I sincerely think Wilson has done things a million times worse, with real malice, and I think that really distorts how people see his actions now and creates these moral panic type things. On the other hand, it's fair to say he earned his reputation, so what are you gonna do?

The Rags statement is loving hilarious, though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

We interrupt Wilsonchat for news that Columbus has signed Justin Danforth, who apparently was the 6th highest scorer in the KHL this year. Whatever that means for his NHL prospects.

Carry on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would also like to insert that this "Sidney Crosby" guy is pretty good at hockey. People should keep an eye on him.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I hope they go golfing with Wilson's knee. Caps going to be more cowardly and healthy scratch him.

they don't have enough healthy players to not ice him

some dudes will push him in a scrum, wilson will say something mean, the refs will preemptively penalize wilson and other guy and that will be the end of it

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1389739889629929472?s=20

absolutely sick to my stomach. arrest him

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Looks like we may have another horrifying act of violence on our hands.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

We interrupt Wilsonchat for news that Columbus has signed Justin Danforth, who apparently was the 6th highest scorer in the KHL this year. Whatever that means for his NHL prospects.

Carry on.

Somewhere between a Dadonov, Gusev and a Shipachyov I suppose, given his age.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

glynnenstein posted:

I'm not trolling when I say I don't think Wilson did anything especially bad yesterday. Leaning on Buchnevich and giving him the business while he was pinned was scummy for sure, but didn't add up to much. Panarin had a bad outcome for losing a grapple with a much stronger guy whose back he jumped on. Slow-mo makes everything look absurdly intentional but I don't think Wilson really grabbed his hair or meant to brain him when slamming him down. I sincerely think Wilson has done things a million times worse, with real malice, and I think that really distorts how people see his actions now and creates these moral panic type things. On the other hand, it's fair to say he earned his reputation, so what are you gonna do?

Big rear end :same:

glynnenstein posted:

Looks like we may have another horrifying act of violence on our hands.

To be fair, Crosby belongs in the Hague for pushing Subban's head into the ice that one time

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 5, 2021

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The whataboutism is strong with this one.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

bewbies posted:

MLB just suspended a guy for 7 games for yelling meanly at an opposing player

He broke the Unwritten Rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I really need to know what Mark Friedman did to the Flyers, because they seem to all hate him on a personal level