Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i appreciate that jim sterling manages to be a big fat loud video game guy without also being a total shitbag but idk how many times i can hear "lives games and microtransactions are bad" before i lose my mind

its true but i already know that!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/mattyhochs/status/1389690044567412741?s=20

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

QUEER FRASIER posted:

every time I tried to listen to Gb in the past few years it depressed the living hell out of me and made me not want to play games anymore, and in that respect I recommend it to everyone and hope that these changes don't impact the quality of content

if you've already hit rock bottom you can't sink any lower

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i do wonder if Jeff ever thinks about getting out of the game. he may be in too deep now.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zokari posted:

i appreciate that jim sterling manages to be a big fat loud video game guy without also being a total shitbag but idk how many times i can hear "lives games and microtransactions are bad" before i lose my mind

you just need to accept that he's a Gamer Brain Detox Program and if you already understand what he's saying, there's nothing there of value for you

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I don’t get Jim Sterling’s gimmick, but I catch the occasional video by him and they’re always on the mark as far as lambasting profiteering corporations go

the gimmick is making the same video over and over so dont worry

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jazerus posted:

you just need to accept that he's a Gamer Brain Detox Program and if you already understand what he's saying, there's nothing there of value for you

:plus1:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I was always kinda bummed when giantbomb got picked up by CBS. I kinda started to cool off on giantbomb when ryan davis passed away and vinny moved, i guess they had a whole another run of it afterwards. Its funny i was just recently thinking about how giantbomb cant go on forever.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

giantbomb was that weird intermediary between old school media and the youtube/twitter/web 2.0 mess we're in now. I wonder what's going to be the weird intermediary between twitch streaming and drawings of mario boning yoshi on cave walls

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

what special missile should i pick for the mission where you actually shoot down the arsenal bird in ace combat seven this is pissing me off. the targeting system is so annoying

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Farm Frenzy posted:

what special missile should i pick for the mission where you actually shoot down the arsenal bird in ace combat seven this is pissing me off. the targeting system is so annoying

it's one of the times the multi lock missiles shine, just let enough lockons happen and some of em will hit the propellers

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

As much a bummer it is, and all the memories of GB i have, it's been in slow decline since they got bought up an Ryan died. Each new person was slightly less entertaining and stayed around for less time than the last. Having to do the same poo poo during the pandemic probably took away they small amount of passion they had and the corporate behemoth still slowly sucking the life out of them.

Maybe that's the lesson to take away in life... everything that starts good slowly gets shittier until it gets a lot shittier really fast.

Thanks for all the memories GB :smith:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah its a pretty obvious conversion of sniper elite but its cool

Pretty well done how they incorporated it, although I haven't played that series either and usually avoid sniper classes– but it's really satisfying in Zombie Army 4. I was looking for a L4D kinda vibe and I think it really nails it

me rn

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

it's one of the times the multi lock missiles shine, just let enough lockons happen and some of em will hit the propellers

Ace Combat owns so much

What if we mixed top gun with Anime?

:vince:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

etalian posted:

Ace Combat owns so much

How does it play with a controller? Or is a joystick required?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

etalian posted:

We ALL want a new Armored Core game or a remaster of 4A but fromsoft is too busy loving around with the dragon incest neckbeard king that can't finish anything

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zil posted:

How does it play with a controller? Or is a joystick required?

It's a console game made in Japan, use a controller.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

It's a console game made in Japan, use a controller.

Awesome.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

We ALL want a new Armored Core game or a remaster of 4A but fromsoft is too busy loving around with the dragon incest neckbeard king that can't finish anything

The can bring back one thing from Verdict Day, and that's the soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVteKLcNi3g

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zokari posted:

You don't need to watch every one of them.

I don't watch if I'm not interested but I still enjoy seeing which of his takes are too spicy and get backlash from the community or some insane game developer.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cool av posted:

Cunoesse is actually Dolores Dei in mortal form, as a test for humanity.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Imp Zone is a consistent source of funny goldmined threads that aren't just full of bad photoshops.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Imp Zone is a consistent source of funny goldmined threads that aren't just full of bad photoshops.

:ohdear: yeah but they scare me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ycs was right! waggle is for babby

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah it's crazy. F to giant bomb

Looks like they,

Bombed....

Yeaaahhh!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
The Imp Zone has made fun of me at least twice in my posting career, but they were very gentle about it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

everyone who has challenged me in the ring of posting is a poster no more

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I caught a probe in imp zone for poo poo talking barry burton and I have no regrets, I wander in on a very rare occasion when I am insanely drunk/high and accept my fate

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm mad at Amazon. They're still not delivering my pre-ordered copy of R-Type Final 2.

ohhhh boy. take a seat, buddy, cause ive got some other disappointing things to tell you about amazon

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

ohhhh boy. take a seat, buddy, cause ive got some other disappointing things to tell you about amazon

Oh I know, I loving hate Amazon for legitimate reasons too! But this is the gaming thread.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

As much a bummer it is, and all the memories of GB i have, it's been in slow decline since they got bought up an Ryan died. Each new person was slightly less entertaining and stayed around for less time than the last. Having to do the same poo poo during the pandemic probably took away they small amount of passion they had and the corporate behemoth still slowly sucking the life out of them.

Maybe that's the lesson to take away in life... everything that starts good slowly gets shittier until it gets a lot shittier really fast.

Thanks for all the memories GB :smith:

went to look up this Ryan chap

quote:

Ryan Davis passed away on July 3, 2013 of natural causes. He was thirty-four years old.

I don't... think... okay. if you say so

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

went to look up this Ryan chap

I don't... think... okay. if you say so

complications from sleep apnea if i remember correctly. sucks.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

uber_stoat posted:

complications from sleep apnea if i remember correctly. sucks.

good lord, people die from that?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah, puts a ton of stress on your heart.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this played today and i hate it and loathe the person who made it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiy_wuncQ7s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the director of witcher 3 just got fired from cdpr for workplace bullying

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

sleep apnea is equivalent to having someone strangle you every once in a while while you're asleep. if it's mild it's not really a risk, but the longer the oxygen deprivation lasts obviously the worse it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

etalian posted:

Ace Combat owns so much

try project wingman as well