Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Ms Boods posted:

Johnny Crawford has died (apologies if this has already been posted; just now seeing it)

https://decider.com/2021/04/30/johnny-crawford-rifleman-actor-dies/

'Lucas McCain, that's his kid'

'Be careful what you wish fooooooor'

:(

We just watched Village of the Giants a couple of weekends ago (I'm a bona fide Beau Brummels fan, much to Mr Boods' chagrin).

Wow. I read that bio and realized I best remember him from "Cindy's Birthday." I feel like a bad MSTie. (Counter-point: Despite so, so many great tracks, when Little Richard died, I first thought of "Scuba Party.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've definitely already pledged all I can afford. That (almost) full digital collection looks awesome but $400 is just too much money for me to throw at my nerd hobbies at the moment.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They're currently at $4,349,708, which should push them into a Joel episode soon. So I imagine that more people will back it when they find out a Joel episode is happening. They currently have 23,565 backers, so they might hit 25,000 backers tomorrow if they announce it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I've definitely already pledged all I can afford. That (almost) full digital collection looks awesome but $400 is just too much money for me to throw at my nerd hobbies at the moment.

Your avatar text disagrees.

I kid. Don't go hungry for a puppet show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ms Boods posted:

We just watched Village of the Giants a couple of weekends ago (I'm a bona fide Beau Brummels fan, much to Mr Boods' chagrin).

I liked Willow!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I rewatched Cry Wilderness last night, and when the big game hunter talks about capturing animals for zoos, I immediately thought of Joe Exotic.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

If you missed it last night, relive the Ed Wynn Experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svAPwYfb1Hs&t=5013s

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jonah and Emily furiously downvoting him and refusing to give up on the bit the longer it goes on is fantastic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Going to try to watch this one live :munch:

e: or not? lol

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Bicyclops posted:

Going to try to watch this one live :munch:

e: or not? lol

It's back?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

9 eps!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TVGM posted:

It's back?

The youtube stream never recovered for me but the Twitch one is working :shrug:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I keep getting the standby card and then it goes dead. Is it on?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I keep getting the standby card and then it goes dead. Is it on?

I'm watching on Youtube right now, Joel and Bill are discussing which movies was the hardest to riff. (Manos for Joel, Attack of the Neptune Men for Bill.)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bill just announced RiffTrax rewards for people pledging. RT will also do some sort of event on the Gizmoplex if they reach $5.5 million.

Not that it wasn't sort of telegraphed, but nice to see almost the entire past cast involved at this point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TIL about Gnip Gnop.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the man in the yellow hat arrives to cool things down

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GO HOME, JOE

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Don't let any of the Indian workers see this, like Rajipoor or Amir.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone in the Estevez clan looks exactly the same.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Funky Valentine posted:

Everyone in the Estevez clan looks exactly the same.

Joel apparently confusing Martin Sheen with Martin Balsam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Estevez may be in some bad movies but at least he has a sense of humor about it. See his appearance on Eagleheart where he played a fictionalized version of himself as a con artist who killed himself on the reg for free food. Also his collaborations with Tim Heidecker.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!
Wow, a future conditional pluperfect subjunctive! :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Uzbekistani Tracy and Hepburn!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!
Meanwhile, Slash is still trying in vain to sink a ball...

E: and a riff I caught just now, many many years later: Leland Sklar, survivalist!

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 5, 2021

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Don't change the subject

It alters the meaning of the sentence

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Rock-a-fire Explosion, hot drat!

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

They got ROBOT WARS!

Also Demon Squad

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 5, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
No word on Bill's participation beyond RiffTrax's helping with some bonuses. I'm still hoping he is and they're saving that news for when they need more of a push over the next couple of days, but we'll see.

Again, very fun stream tonight, looking forward to more of this stuff on the Gizmoplex.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

24k backers reached

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If the Mads somehow jump on board.. oh man

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

900 new backers today alone :stare:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Chris James 2 posted:

900 new backers today alone :stare:

find a corner of the internet you like, spread the word there is plenty of goons that dont know there is 72 hours to go, or that it exists

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was thinking of updating my pledge to just Digital + Snow Globe but then I saw the second poster concept art and :swoon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less than $6k away from $4.5mil, barely a mil away from the full-season goal :toot:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

They hit $4.5 million. Two-and-a-half days left to make half of what they pulled in on day one. That’s a really good spot to be in when you look at how these things usually go.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

Joe Estevez may be in some bad movies but at least he has a sense of humor about it. See his appearance on Eagleheart where he played a fictionalized version of himself as a con artist who killed himself on the reg for free food. Also his collaborations with Tim Heidecker.

You mean Joe 'Mister Money' Estevez?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Junkie Disease posted:

If the Mads somehow jump on board.. oh man

I'd be amazed if Trace didn't do a one-off at some point. Frank ... less so. Though it would be fun to see him direct one.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
In the realm of "possible but extremely unlikely:" Joel reached out to Critical Role when their Kickstarter surpassed the last MST3K Kickstarter and some of them participated in a live-read of one of the MST comics, which Joel mentioned in one of the streams. It'd be interesting to promise more live-reads like that via the Plex, to try to pull in some Crit Role fans at the last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I know that they jokingly started calling it "the Plex" on livestream but Plex is an actual streaming service and it's going to be extremely confusing if people do that, lol