Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FAEDAEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield
3. Astro's Playroom (platinum)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (both endings)

first COD campaign i have beat since the original black ops, i bounced off of the 2 or 3 i tried since then. really had fun with this one, very good "the cia just fucks up everything they do" theme with a wild alternate ending. going to clean up some trophies and uninstall the singleplayer stuff. having a lot of fun with multi as well

good use of dualsense

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Grandia 2 - better than the first game in most ways: they got rid of some tedious aspects that dragged the very good battle system from the first game down.

it's kind of hard to play because the ps2 version didn't work on my full bc ps3 and the hd remaster version on steam would crash 100% after a certain boss. apparently even the console versions of hd remaster crash often. luckily you can switch the steam version to the 'anniversary edition' released in 2010 which is stable.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
samorost 2

pretty short and the difference in polish between this an machinarium is insane, but it was a flash game at one point so im willing to cut it some slack

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Revolver 360 re:actor

I liked it a bunch but every shot is a blurry bloom particle which when you take into account that you have to look at an unreliable compass to the side to see where background enemies are and youre rotating to find them while rearranginelg the enemy formations and bullets its a bit hard to parse. But still its really cool but my total playtime is likr 2 hours and i beat it already

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
killer7

stopped playing right after finishing the penultimate chapter like a year ago. decided to finally push thru

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield
3. Astro's Playroom (platinum)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (both endings)
5. Bugsnax (platinum)

Great little game.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

5. Virginia
Not really a game you beat, but I was into it.
6. Shining Force II
Pretty good, with a lot of little improvements on the first one. Which game would be the next step up in tactics rpg complexity?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hey Chief posted:

5. Virginia
Not really a game you beat, but I was into it.
6. Shining Force II
Pretty good, with a lot of little improvements on the first one. Which game would be the next step up in tactics rpg complexity?

If you're doing Genesis TRPGS go play Warsong aka Langrisser

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

disco elysium. what a fuckin great game, really just incredible

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest V. I've been playing them in order from the first and have commented before that each game has been better than the one before it, and I think this one continues the streak. It's hard to say for sure because 4 was also incredible and it's hard to pick one of the two as being better but I think I have to slightly give the edge to 5. I married Bianca and my team for the last dungeon was the hero, Bianca, and the kids, but I swapped out Bianca for the Sabrecat for the final boss. The multi-generational time-skipping story was really cool and I liked that you could talk to your party members at any time and they'd have huge amounts of dialogue based on your location, how far you are in the story, responses to random NPCs you just talked to, etc. The hero, the marriage candidates, and the children are also some of my favorite Toriyama designs. The gameplay's great like every Dragon Quest game but the writing and presentation are incredible on top of that. It's too late to start anything new tonight but I might jump into 6 first thing tomorrow.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dragon Quest V. I've been playing them in order from the first and have commented before that each game has been better than the one before it, and I think this one continues the streak. It's hard to say for sure because 4 was also incredible and it's hard to pick one of the two as being better but I think I have to slightly give the edge to 5. I married Bianca and my team for the last dungeon was the hero, Bianca, and the kids, but I swapped out Bianca for the Sabrecat for the final boss. The multi-generational time-skipping story was really cool and I liked that you could talk to your party members at any time and they'd have huge amounts of dialogue based on your location, how far you are in the story, responses to random NPCs you just talked to, etc. The hero, the marriage candidates, and the children are also some of my favorite Toriyama designs. The gameplay's great like every Dragon Quest game but the writing and presentation are incredible on top of that. It's too late to start anything new tonight but I might jump into 6 first thing tomorrow.

this game sounds cool as hell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

i have bad news about 6 being better than the last one. or good at all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DQV kicks rear end. Methinks I should play it again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they added all the party talk stuff to the dq4 remake on jp ds version but they didn't translate it for the enlgish ds version. but they did on the ios ports 10 years later! gently caress you squeenix!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i have bad news about 6 being better than the last one. or good at all

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

If you cut encounters in half and doubled xp would it be good? Idk how much of the issues are the endless battles and how much are the game just being uninteresting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQV ftmfw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

If you cut encounters in half and doubled xp would it be good? Idk how much of the issues are the endless battles and how much are the game just being uninteresting

its also the job system that levels up by the total number of won victories and to get the hero class which you absolutely need to beat the last boss which requires like 3 mastered classes and to master a class you need to win 250ish battles fuuu

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Monster Hunter Rise Patch 2.0 all quests. I’ve basically got much of the equipment I want but I’ll probably spend the next month trying out new weapons and builds. Ive basically been driven insane by this game and I keep seeing things like the gunlance full burst combo or bow aerial shots whenever I close my eyes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

they added all the party talk stuff to the dq4 remake on jp ds version but they didn't translate it for the enlgish ds version. but they did on the ios ports 10 years later! gently caress you squeenix!

it's seriously aggravating that the best way to play any given old dragon quest game is to find some kind of translated rom. give me some kind of cross platform Ultimate Edition collection of the NES games, i'll pay sixty dollars or whateer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

saga frontier - blue. kind of a meh scenario but theres some cool stuff in there too. riki next in a couple weeks

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): A
15. It Takes Two

Probably my favourite co-op experience ever, I loved every minute. 10/10 game feel and really inventive mechanics on every level. I played as the wife.

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 6, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
nice. what was the name of the man?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard + Not a Hero and End of Zoe DLC campaigns. The main campaign was great, the house was extremely well-designed and gave off a super creepy atmosphere that made it really fun to explore. It could also be genuinely scary and nerve-wracking at times, I think Alien: Isolation is the only other horror game I can think of that could get me on the edge of my seat like that. The DLC campaigns were fine, they had good stories that tied up some loose ends from the main campaign and the different, more action-oriented gameplay was a nice change of pace after beating the main game but I don't think they were near as good as Biohazard. I'm really excited for RE8 in a few days.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain

Which ending?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I earned Big Bo's loyalty. And the post-credits scene looked remarkably like the Digital Devil Saga 2 opening.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
2. Rusty Lake Hotel
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (100%)
4. Blazing Lazers
5. We Love Katamari
6. Lakeview Cabin 2 (early access, episodes 1 and 2 all endings)

are you supposed to beat Oxenfree a certain number of times? on my second run I collected all the letters and found all the rock radio thingers and got the ending where you don't go to the island, which seemed like a logical closure point, but there's still an option to continue. would I just be sending the perspicacious teens back to hell? hmhmhm
if not, 7. Oxenfree

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
7. Persona 5 Strikers
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): A,B
15. It Takes Two

Ends a lot different than I remember, but I might be confusing or mixing some of the other endings together. All the cutscenes where you get more context for the bosses still rock. I just got a new dog a few months ago so the Loyal Cerberus line really bummed me out

Doesn't look like I'll be able to get all the endings before RE8 comes out :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
aegis rim : enjoyed the gameplay once i got a hang of it, and the visual novel stuff was well done . the story kind of fell apart towards the end but still pretty neat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

11. Yakuza Kiwami 2. Kind of interrupted my playthrough a couple times bc of MonHun and also getting into DMC3, but absolutely my favorite in the series so far. The cutscene that kicks off the final series of battles looks like a E3 2007 sizzle reel video of a fake game, and the final credits song has the line "if the world could fit in my bong / it would be easy to keep calm"

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

got the credits from doing solo village quests in monster hunter rise. that means i beat it and i’m done with it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)
7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)

8. Picross S6 (5/7)
9. New Pokémon Snap (5/7)

Both of these games are amazing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

1. amid evil
2. links awakening remake
3. deus ex human revolution
4. castlevania 1
5. castlevania 2: simon's quest
6. castlevania 3: dracula's curse
7. super castlevania 4
8. castlevania: rondo of blood
9. dragon quest IV
10. dragon quest V
11. chrono trigger
12. the world ends with you (ds)
13. final fantasy 7 (original)

im livin in jrpg bliss. idk how world ends with you works on switch but the light puck is fun, and when you finally "get" the combat its so good
ff7 rules, glad i got around to playing it. i have no idea how sephiroth 'overpowered jenova' and turns this space demon into a punching bag for cloud but whatever, i like ff8 a lot and this is much more coherent

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yokus island express. lovely

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

yokus island express. lovely

just got the 100%

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

just got the 100%
Nice. One of my faves.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
7. Persona 5 Strikers
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): A,B
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.

Game rocks. There's definitely stuff about the old games I miss, I wish they would put back in the special melee moves you could pull off after you shot a bad guy in the leg or whatever, and I miss how corny and funny RE4 was compared to how seriously the new games take themselves, but if this is the direction the series is headed I'm incredibly stoked. Gonna see if I can bang out a hardcore run this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)

the definitive way to play the game, for Sure. the cursor mechanic is less annoying and the upscaled graphics mostly look great.