Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just go to nyaa.si isps don't care if you torrent anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

try https://www. Hentai .net

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its e-hentai .org actually

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
cartoon-giantesses.org

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

you forgot the N

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nhentai sucks imho

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

God the children-in-war storyline for this last season of attack on titan is so loving good

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

grate deceiver posted:

the godzilla show also owns

completely forgot but yeah, that one's really good so far but I always forget about it since the subs are slow to come out and it's not as flashy

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

is there an anime that explains the bubble economy?

I feel like there should be

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's slow paced and features a cast that consists entirely of nerds with the exception of the punk girl who rarely appears. even the shady mysterious characters are still kind of nerds.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
this dr stone guy seems like a real lib

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Pitch posted:

So if anyone else cared, Right Stuf seems to have a special arrangement with Tokyopop and got new stock of the Welcome to the NHK novel in a few days ago. Or else they're shipping me a brick. Every other store still seems to treat it like it's out of print.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! I haven't seen a physical copy other than my own in forever, and I hope I haven't overhyped it

The Voice of Labor posted:

http://www.tcj.com/blood-plants-mizuki-shigeru-kitaro-and-the-japanese-blood-industry/

http://www.tcj.com/pro-nuclear-manga-the-seventies-and-eighties/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTI98IYrWc

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

googling "marxist hentai" and getting put on 9 different government watchlists

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
should have simply googled "marx hentai" and the folks at the nsa would simply nod approvingly.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

C

It's really bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

watch princes of yen. not an anime but yknow

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
*takes hit* serial experiments lain is about the dot com bubble

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

christmas boots posted:

this dr stone guy seems like a real lib

the villain has a good speech in the first few eps that's totally right

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1389550921324142599?s=19

yeah I know he's a SuccDem and this is completely unrelated buuut I get some real 'Creepy Elderly Midgets From Akira' vibe from the Carters in this pic :v:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

planetes. arguably welcome to the NHK although it's more about the fallout and how it's affected people.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dororo

Entitled to the sweat on your own brow? Lmao

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Good soup! posted:

lmao massive mother loving what that's not the interpretation I got at loving all from Jin Roh unless you're going purely by the Kerberos armor design being rad

Otherwise I don't know how you come away from a movie as bleak, dark, depressing, and brutally violent as that with "hm yes this is making out a fascist police state as a totally good thing and brutality is good", that's incredible, like were you even watching the same movie lmfao

I was referring to the Live Action Movies (esp. Stray Dogs, in that they both have around the same weird politics as Nolans Batman films do) but go off king! You shoot for that Own!:thumbsup:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

loox dumb soz

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

i say swears online posted:

He's an AnPrim. I can't take his ideology seriously even if he can kill lions with a single punch.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Dr. Stone is about a genius scientist lib vs an impossibly physically overpowered anprim. You end up rooting for the lib since it’s still better than the alternative

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

yakuza 0

semi serious answer: kaiji is set in the fallout of the asset bubble burst, it doenst show what happened before but you can get a fell how lovely it got

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

are there good Japanese PoliDocs in general besides Princes Of The Yen?

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 02:41 on May 10, 2021

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

watch princes of yen. not an anime but yknow

Princes of Yen anime adaptation.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

i say swears online posted:

It unironically spouts all that garbage about savage ancestors versus "enlightened" modern civilization. It's nothing less that pure neolib colonialist propaganda aimed square at kids. It's insidious.

Strawberry Pyramid has issued a correction as of 13:40 on May 5, 2021

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
never gonna watch dr. stone but everything I have read about it makes it seem like it was made to be the anime for the people who believe elon musk is a genius

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah but I like the old guy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dr stone is just okabe from steinsgate without being funny or sympathetic

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Also I find the artstyle unpleasant to look at, but hey that's just my opinion

A lotta reactionary manga seems to revolve around "hero is transported into another world wherein he's stronger than God for an arbitrary reason".

Followed by said hero introducing the inhabitants to modern Japanese culture and neo liberal economics.

I dont understand the appeal of escapist power fantasies that essentially revolve around turning said fantasy into a copy of the real society you are trying to escape from but with elves

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Also I find the artstyle unpleasant to look at, but hey that's just my opinion

A lotta reactionary manga seems to revolve around "hero is transported into another world wherein he's stronger than God for an arbitrary reason".

Followed by said hero introducing the inhabitants to modern Japanese culture and neo liberal economics.

I dont understand the appeal of escapist power fantasies that essentially revolve around turning said fantasy into a copy of the real society you are trying to escape from but with elves

Because instead of at the bottom like in real life, you're at the top

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Dreddout posted:

society has broken most people where their imagination of a good world is just one where they get to be the oppressor.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes im convinced that the Japanese equivalent of the CIA funds all that. same with shows like psychopass where Japan is inexplicably a superpower and has magic future tech but is also isolationist with little to no foreign contact.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wasn't one of those ship girl accounts funded by the JADF to advance Japanese militarism?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dreddout posted:

never gonna watch dr. stone but everything I have read about it makes it seem like it was made to be the anime for the people who believe elon musk is a genius

I mean, he hasn't called anyone a pedophile, respects the value of labor, understands that this is a communal effort and that before he had help from other people he couldn't really progress past subsistence, and while I'm sure he'd love to go to Mars got way more excited about actually useful science like crushing seashells to get that sweet sweet calcim carbonate. Also his solution to the AnPrim guy is to build a gun which kind of rules lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dreddout posted:

It's a pretty cool series for the most part but you also gotta be able to look past some colonialist undertones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

I was referring to the Live Action Movies (esp. Stray Dogs, in that they both have around the same weird politics as Nolans Batman films do) but go off king! You shoot for that Own!:thumbsup:

One: ok yeah that makes sense

Two: bro you did not make this distinction, lol