Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I love Hausu for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the serious Mario Paint vibes I get when they play the main theme in kitty noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Basebf555 posted:

This William Castle remake of The Old Dark House is loving great, I can't believe I didn't know it existed until recently. It even has a quirky animated opening credits which I'm a sucker for.

Those opening credits are by Charles Addams, the creator of the Addams family. They are, in my opinion, the best part of the movie. I love William Castle, I love Hammer, I love the original Old Dark House, and I am favorably inclined toward Tom Poston, but this one didn’t really click for me when I watched it. It felt less like a progression of the original and more like an Oona Goosepimple story from John Stanley’s Nancy comics (which I also love, so 🤷‍♀️). Maybe I should rewatch it with tempered expectations.

I like that Shudder added some Castle flicks this month, I wish they would do some more

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Basebf555's recent praise of The Old Dark House has inspired me to finally order the William Castle vol 2 set from Indicator (already have vol 1). https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/box-sets/products/william-castle-at-columbia-volume-two-le

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Kvlt! posted:

what was ur old name i cang figure out what poster you are

It was a reference to Street Fighter The Movie's Bison currency but with culturally insensitive spelling to make fun of an Asian accent because I am a dick.

Thanks Debbie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.slashfilm.com/dont-breathe-2-first-look/

Ya'll.... WHAT

quote:

The Blind Man has been hiding out for several years in an isolated cabin and has taken in and raised a young girl orphaned from a devastating house fire. Their quiet life together is shattered when a group of criminals kidnap the girl, forcing the Blind Man to leave his safe haven to save her.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
You know what? That sounds awesome.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Wait so we're gonna be rooting for that guy?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

unless the movie does the switcheroo and the people coming after him are actually trying to save the young girl....

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dragonshirt posted:

Did you not see Don't Breathe?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

was that the movie with the turkey baster literally dripping with cum

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

you're gonna have to narrow it down more

but also yes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kvlt! posted:

was that the movie with the turkey baster literally dripping with cum

One of my favorite behind the scenes stories is that on the day of shooting that scene at the last minute the director had sudden flash of inspiration to grab a curly hair from the head of a cameraman and add it to the cup of cum

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

“A newlywed couple is terrorized by a consumer drone that has become sentient with the consciousness of a deranged serial killer”

Just saw this cover on Shudder...do I hate myself enough to watch it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

WeaponX posted:

“A newlywed couple is terrorized by a consumer drone that has become sentient with the consciousness of a deranged serial killer”

I don't think the drone being possessed really adds anything. Isn't the entire point of a drone that it's being controlled by someone else?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WeaponX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5af-5lh6gk

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Gripweed posted:

I don't think the drone being possessed really adds anything. Isn't the entire point of a drone that it's being controlled by someone else?

A serial killer who terrorizes the town from the comfort of his living room would be a lot more interesting.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

WeaponX posted:

If you’re also tallying them in the marathon thread, this will count towards that.

bigh numbers

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I like that the drone is seated in a rickety haunted house chair, something usually reserved for more humanoid evil toys.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Just hit it with a broom.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Edit: lol /\ /\

Libra posted:

I like that the drone is seated in a rickety haunted house chair, something usually reserved for more humanoid evil toys.

It implies the drone is inside which makes it quite easy to defeat with a broom handle or even a well thrown flip flop

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Body Melt is one hell of a ride.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Spatulater bro! posted:

A serial killer who terrorizes the town from the comfort of his living room would be a lot more interesting.
You didn't see the Dick Cheney movie?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dragonshirt posted:

No it does not.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

They already made that movie Blind Fury and it is indeed awesome.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

my brother gave me a comic book called the watchmen and i was reading it and theres a character called hollis mason is that where ur name comes from

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

my brother gave me a comic book called the watchmen and i was reading it and theres a character called hollis mason is that where ur name comes from

I love you kvlt

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

speaking of alan moore comic books, is the Wes Craven movie of SWAMP THING worth watching?

i like ray wise so i'll probably do it anyways

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

alf_pogs posted:

speaking of alan moore comic books, is the Wes Craven movie of SWAMP THING worth watching?

It's got Adrien Barbeau, so yes. Find the European cut if possible. It's more European.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

I was going to suggest it as fun trash but then I realized I was thinking of the tv show and had never heard of the movie. Might have to get on that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dorium posted:

It's got Adrien Barbeau, so yes. Find the European cut if possible. It's more European.

tres bien!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hollismason posted:

Crucially, the protagonist of blind fury is not an inhuman monster.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Watched the 77 Suspiria last night. That sure is a film. :stare:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

dorium posted:

unless the movie does the switcheroo and the people coming after him are actually trying to save the young girl....

I mean, there's a good chance they're trying to play their cards close to their chest for a reveal halfway through the film, but the thing is we already know the guy is a creepy, dangerous rapist. So they can't really pull a switcheroo there, because the whole time we the audience are going to be rooting for the girl getting away.

Even if they don't do a switcheroo, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be "rooting" for the blind man. They made burglars sympathetic in the first film, they can try to make kidnappers sympathetic in the second. :shrug:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

I love you kvlt

I love you too <3

TetroVideo posted the following: "We have just acquired a 90s film that we are going to release in its first printed official version. This one will be the most ridiculous, outrageous, disgusting... vomiting film in our catalog.
Trust us... this is too much for most of you. A film that you can't miss at all!
This film will be part of a new series of underground films from 80s, 90s and early 2000s that we will release soon"

I wonder what it is? 🤔

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

I love you too <3

TetroVideo posted the following: "We have just acquired a 90s film that we are going to release in its first printed official version. This one will be the most ridiculous, outrageous, disgusting... vomiting film in our catalog.
Trust us... this is too much for most of you. A film that you can't miss at all!
This film will be part of a new series of underground films from 80s, 90s and early 2000s that we will release soon"

I wonder what it is? 🤔

Singapore Sling, maybe?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

Singapore Sling, maybe?

That would be amazing, Deb would flip out.

I really have very little knowledge of "underground" horror from the 90's. Back then I was watching I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 2, didn't really venture much deeper into the genre than that.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Watched the 77 Suspiria last night. That sure is a film. :stare:

Yeah it rules. It was the first Argento I saw and I'd never seen anything like it before

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm almost done with Frankenhooker and I can't believe how fun and good this movie is. Patty Mullen is an absolute DELIGHT.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Kvlt! posted:

I love you too <3

I wonder what it is? 🤔

This is the first I've heard of TetroVideo. They look pretty good, though I wish they had more Blu-rays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

bitterandtwisted posted:

Yeah it rules. It was the first Argento I saw and I'd never seen anything like it before

It's probably the loudest horror I've ever seen. When the roommate was going on about the number of footsteps and whatnot, and Suzy clearly just wanted to be left alone to sleep, I was totally in Suzy's camp.