Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This, by the way, was delightful. Nicole Maines is so obviously loving the hell out of being a superhero.
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/1387497086854340617

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they don't find somewhere else to put Brainy and Dreamer then they really hosed up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They’re Dreamer and the Brain
Dreamer and the Brain
One is a genius, he’s also insane

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I guess thinking about it, even if the characters don't go anywhere else the CW has a tendency to reuse actors (when they're not the lead) so they'll probably land on some other show in a year or so. This isn't Jesse Rath's first go around for a CW show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think Brainy, in all of his functional dysfunction would work great on Legends. Team needs a new future person and letting him go ham and do silly stuff like when he was basically a Nic Cage version of his character was great. I think I also posted earlier that it doesn't even need to be the Brainy from Supergirl but another Brainiac that looks like him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My dream is Brainy and Alice both join Legends soon

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nia giving Cat Grant the push to leave the Daily Planet nest was maybe too cute, but still fun.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Paparazzi playing at the prom was an unhelpful reminder to me that I Am Old

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish I was half as good looking as Jessie Rath did in that suit.
2009 wasn't that long ago. Assure me it wasn't that long ago.

Mia singing 9-5 is pretty great. Also glad they had Kara have a boyfriend rather than some Milhouse that followed her around that she had to deal with.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 5, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I somehow want a spinoff with Young Kara and Alex because they are too much.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'd totally watch a show about Brendan & Brenda's Adventures across Time & Space!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chyler Leigh directed this episode. Good for her.

So next week is the mid season finale. Then I guess Superman and Lois return for the rest of their run in the Tuesday timeslot. Is Supergirl going to get punted to another timeslot or does it have to wait until S&L is done? Wiki says S&L has 15 eps in s1(10 left) and Supergirl has 20(14 left) so it could be a long break.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, there was so much time fuckery this episode I expected a Legend to cameo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Man, there was so much time fuckery this episode I expected a Legend to cameo.

It would have been a nice way to compliment this week's premiere of Legends where Ava phones up the ruins of the DEO HQ.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Chyler Leigh directed this episode. Good for her.

So next week is the mid season finale. Then I guess Superman and Lois return for the rest of their run in the Tuesday timeslot. Is Supergirl going to get punted to another timeslot or does it have to wait until S&L is done? Wiki says S&L has 15 eps in s1(10 left) and Supergirl has 20(14 left) so it could be a long break.

They already announced that Supergirl is coming back in late August, around the same time that the second season of Stargirl debuts. No, I have no idea why they're basically pushing the rest of the show to the 2021-2022 season beyond they need a buffer in case there are covid delays getting affecting production for next season's slate?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I feel like these were two of the best episodes in the entire show's run, really great stuff and Brainy and Dreamer need a spin off show immediately.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

howe_sam posted:

They already announced that Supergirl is coming back in late August, around the same time that the second season of Stargirl debuts. No, I have no idea why they're basically pushing the rest of the show to the 2021-2022 season beyond they need a buffer in case there are covid delays getting affecting production for next season's slate?

Wow that is a huge mid season break. So I wonder if next episode wraps up any current plots and August will be like a mini season.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn't this season not set to premiere until June originally but they moved it up when Superman and Lois had to be shutdown?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And Superman and Lois had a two month break for this to come back

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I would like to see Brainy and Dreamer go to Legends. They are great together and it would be a nice change to have a full formed couple join the team.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

I would like to see Brainy and Dreamer go to Legends. They are great together and it would be a nice change to have a full formed couple join the team.

Massive Avalance erasure in this post.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LongDarkNight posted:

I just wish Legends would go back to taking cast offs from other shows.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think the people who make Legends would rather not be the network's island of misfit toys and control who is and isn't on their show.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

nine-gear crow posted:

Massive Avalance erasure in this post.

I mean joining the crew already a couple.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know they wanted to protect the timeline and all but would it have really hurt things that much if Brainy and Nia had pulled a BttF on Alex and tell her that their mighty alien powers have scanned her and it turns out she's super gay for women? It just would have saved her a lot of pain and suffering.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Time Travel has rules and they don't have the plot armor in breaking those rules that the Legends have.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

I think the people who make Legends would rather not be the network's island of misfit toys and control who is and isn't on their show.

I mean maybe but the misfit toys are some of the best characters and Legends is basically built on the backbone that you are at least keeping up with some of the other shows.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

howe_sam posted:

I think the people who make Legends would rather not be the network's island of misfit toys

That's literally the premise of the show though.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Maybe it will be at the start of the next episode but I was really looking forward to them getting back to the present and Alex going "didn't I tell you not to interfere? Well that's not how I remember it now!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This episode is nothing but a string of big declarative sentences.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

This episode is nothing but a string of big declarative sentences.

You can't just have your characters announce how they're feeling! That makes me very angry!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ended up liking where this went, even when it became clear what was happening.

Also, "That's my family!" :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, it makes complete sense that Alex's fear vision was nothing but declarative sentences.

That was not how I figured they were going to handle Kara's rescue mission, but it was an interesting experiment nevertheless. Though it was to the episode's detriment that I knew it was the mid season finale and that we're going to have to wait so long for the rest of the season. I spent the whole thing more focused on how much time was left than the character work.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Can we just go back to 2009 Midvale again? That was *so* much better.

I'll be glad to get back to Superman & Lois, though sadly Nia and Brainy (probably) won't be in Smallville.

Speaking of Nia, it definitely feels like they're setting her up to reconcile with her sister and learn dream interpretation from her. I'll be real disappointed if it's Nia who has to extend an olive branch though.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It was really nice getting to see the Martian Manhunter do some cool stuff, it's been a little while.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't think the gimmick of everyone experiencing their fears really works when you tell us up front that that's what's about to happen. As soon as things start going catastrophically wrong we know it's all fake and nothing we're watching has any stakes. Also, we didn't really learn anything about any of the characters and they didn't learn anything about themselves, so what was the point?

Also, when they all "overcame their fears", some of them... didn't? Like, Nia's nightmare ended with the exact thing she feared but then she woke up anyway. :confused:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Also, when they all "overcame their fears", some of them... didn't? Like, Nia's nightmare ended with the exact thing she feared but then she woke up anyway. :confused:
seems to me like that's a plot thread to explore when the show comes back.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yeah Lena and Kelly did. Nia definitely did not and didn't seem like Alex did either. Although it looked like Nia knew she didn't when she came to, but I could be wrong about that I didn't watch it til after midnight so I was a bit sleepy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"For me this entire room is filled with... balloons?!"

A Fancy Hat posted:

It was really nice getting to see the Martian Manhunter do some cool stuff, it's been a little while.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"For me this entire room is filled with... balloons?!"

This was low-key my favorite part of the episode and I'm glad that there's been some more humor injected back into the show lately. These are fun characters, they're allowed to have fun every so often!

I did enjoy seeing Kelly pick up that hunk of door like a shield. I assume that's gonna pay off later this season, maybe she finds Jimmy's old Guardian gear?