Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Melee will stun almost anything that's not a boss/miniboss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Biggest pet peeve is charging a beam turret for melee and getting tagged by it at the last moment. Man I hate those turrets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it just me or does the burst fire mod for the pistol totally suck?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's the trigger for being able start grinding out the hidden ending seeing the scene of yourself shooting down Helios? Or am I missing something else that will find me a super obvious goal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ultrachrist posted:

I will corroborate what other goons have said: 2nd and 3rd biomes are easier than 1. The teleporting plant guys are still the worst.

I'm in biome 5 and 3 was by far the hardest for me. I cruised through 1 and the plants guys were easy because they telegraph where they're going which makes it easy to zip over and hit them with your sword. In fact everything in 1 is a joke when you hit them with your sword.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Hell yeah finally beat the first boss, gently caress you Frank.

I also fell through the floor and took damage like I fell off the map afterwards when using the cube thing. Cool.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
can't find this fifth fragment for the life of me

oh my god it was hidden in plain sight

hughesta fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 5, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly hate that there is fall damage in this game. I feel like 75% of my falls are pretty bullshitty. Just had a good run that was also running pretty long, completely ruined in seconds by a poorly communicated grapple point since I hadn’t seen the room before.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'd settle for not losing adrenaline on a fall, that's what really hurts.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Today's daily challenge is in the laser tower. There were so goddamn many player corpses.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Today's daily challenge is in the laser tower. There were so goddamn many player corpses.

loving rocket drones did me in early, I should’ve just run past them

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I have not seen a single player corpse, not even when the main character commented that they keep seeing these fallen players around.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Took me forever to find the last fragment in the last biome now on my way to the true ending

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe
Just started this tonight. It’s hard as gently caress, but not unfairly so. Guess I just have to get good.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
After struggling a fair amount in biome 1 I one-shotted biome 2, then ate poo poo in biome 3 when I got too buck and went into a challenge room. You guys weren't kidding about those little dive-bomby robots, I won't do that poo poo again at least not in that biome.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ymgve posted:

I have not seen a single player corpse, not even when the main character commented that they keep seeing these fallen players around.

there's an entire enemy type that just does not exist because housemarque fiddled where they should have faddled and removed the whole corpse mechanic from the game. it'll almost definitely be patched in

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Oxxidation posted:

there's an entire enemy type that just does not exist because housemarque fiddled where they should have faddled and removed the whole corpse mechanic from the game. it'll almost definitely be patched in

The first time that happens to me whenever they patch it it's going to scare the poo poo out of me probably

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

It may not be a surprise to anyone but the game works with absolutely no internet connectivity, which in 2021 is quite cool! Finding out because a lightning strike blew plaster off the walls and burned up half your home's electronics, marginally less cool!

I just had one of the "cruising through" sessions the lot of you have waxed endlessly about. Had only beat Phrike once, never could get through Biome 2 but crushed all of 1 again including Phrike (was expecting a short session and just wanted to practice my fundamentals), smashed all of 2 and the boss on first try (I don't think I even healed once) then breezed through 3 before losing to Nemesis once I had him half health. I knew very little about the fight before hand and so burned a ton of health figuring to just keep shooting him in the red spot on his hands or whatever lol

Game hard? Unquestionably, but once you get on a roll and have a little luck, it's not that hard. I had health regen per damage per Adrenaline level which is great and a Hollowcaster with Retarget or whatever, super good and useful with Adrenaline heal, and Shrapnel, meh, so I wasn't crazily fortunate. Wound up over 200% health, as well. Failure is a terrific teacher but in this game, success is superior. I learned a lot by crushing rear end after dozens and dozens of failures.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I just beat it and was surprised how that happened, I arrived at biome 5 and got the three keys, got the water suit, jumped in the water and was thinking goddamn this level was super long and got credits after beating an actual fun boss

I dunno Hades kind of spoiled me on these games so after I wrap up cheevos I'm probably never gonna touch this again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If I wanted another 3D shooter roguelike like this would the best option be Risk of Rain 2?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I only just now got what was probably meant to be your "introduction to the severed" cutscene in biome 2 :v:. Walked over to blue door and was surprised that it turned into a scene out of nowhere.

Not sure if it's luck or my design but (end game) I've found three out of six sunface shards so far, each on my very next run through their respective biomes. Maybe at this point the game makes sure the rooms they're tied to will always appear? The biome 5 one was sneaky though, good thing I was being thorough about loot hunting.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I only just now got what was probably meant to be your "introduction to the severed" cutscene in biome 2 :v:. Walked over to blue door and was surprised that it turned into a scene out of nowhere.

Not sure if it's luck or my design but (end game) I've found three out of six sunface shards so far, each on my very next run through their respective biomes. Maybe at this point the game makes sure the rooms they're tied to will always appear? The biome 5 one was sneaky though, good thing I was being thorough about loot hunting.

the sunface shards are guaranteed to appear in each biome, but they have a handful of preset spawn points that are randomized for every loop. i know that biome 5's can appear at the top of that multi-layered platform tower (where you need to use the delphic visor) or in the room where you originally get the water-traversal gear

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RatHat posted:

If I wanted another 3D shooter roguelike like this would the best option be Risk of Rain 2?

Yes, it doesn't play anywhere near as good as Returnal though, but imagine Returnal with multiplayer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Yes, it doesn't play anywhere near as good as Returnal though, but imagine Returnal with multiplayer.

Tsushima style free DLC please.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

I bet Ixion the other morning and made it to the room before the next boss on the same run, then got absolutely murdered by those rocket drones. Biome 3 is starting to feel like a bit of a brick wall after my last few runs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

I bet Ixion the other morning and made it to the room before the next boss on the same run, then got absolutely murdered by those rocket drones. Biome 3 is starting to feel like a bit of a brick wall after my last few runs

You'll get there! I found it really hard. Unlocking the shortcut is a huge job and the level always feel long. I had many scrapes on my way to the boss battle when I beat it. It really throws some poo poo at you.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Just got to biome 5. Do I jump down this giant swirling pool? I only ask because I got a really good build going and don’t want to lose it.

This game’s story is so mindbending and so good. It’s about time we get a game with an actually interesting story.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just got to biome 5. Do I jump down this giant swirling pool? I only ask because I got a really good build going and don’t want to lose it.

This game’s story is so mindbending and so good. It’s about time we get a game with an actually interesting story.
only if you can swim

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The devs can go gently caress themselves. Pack of assholes.

Took me 14 hours to beat biome 1.

I get into biome 2 and clear all the way to the boss and I had go to work. I come back and take the PS5 out of rest mode and the game crashes

loving twat waffles

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh great now my boss kill in Biome 1 does not count and I have to start all over again.

No Crimson Key, No Daily Challanges

gently caress "no save system" Housemarque

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You had a biome 1 run that lasted 14 hours.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

The game saves permanent progress (basically all unlocks) at the moment of acquisition so it'd be odd to lose any of that even due to a crash unless your entire save file is corrupted, in which case the lack of mid-run save wouldn't really make a difference.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Be less careful op

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

On the plus side, you've beat Phrike once and you can do it again, so, you know, more game hooray!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I play methodically ponderously slow and I'm not sure how I'd spend 14 hours in three biomes combined.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never stop never stopping, stillness is equivalent to deathness. When you're constantly pushing forward you'll get better stuff anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You're literally immortal. Just keep coming at them.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The carbine with upgraded traits is fantastic, most of the time. And then the game locks you in a room with four loving frost severed and a frost machina, your uptime on any given target is under 1 second before you have to sprint halfway across the room to not die and you find yourself praying to the dark chthonic gods of this world for something with burst or bleed damage.

And then they give you a gun with the Doombringer alt fire. :hellyeah:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I played around with a lot of the guns today and their upgrades, Hollowseeker and The Pylon gun are still just stupidly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The gun I hated the most was the rotglobber or whatever it was called. Always regret it.