Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

one of the hardest laughs i've ever had was when a woman i was dating had a mosquito bite their collarbone, and she forgot about the giant zero day old tattoo she had just gotten and slapped herself real hard without thinking.

ever since then i've been cool with them.

I have an online friend who's Dutch. I have a hard time hating on mosquitoes ever since he called them "vampirellas."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

cruft posted:

This was pretty much my experience too. Creeped me out, will never have a second one. (I've been a vegetarian since 1991.)

as a much more recent embracer of plant based stuff I appreciate the verisimilitude, but I totally understand this reaction

my niece doesn't like meat (aside from certain nuggets and whatnot) and, surprise, she doesn't care for the realistic fake meats for the same reasons

ty nesamdoom!

more falafel please

forums poster

test post

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Pest tost

more falafel please

forums poster

apparently the secret Santa thread is closed or something (but it's only may!) because I can't post in it but I can post here, so here's my secret Santa post

took me a few months but I framed the painting Doctor Dogballs sent me

to be clear the frame took me an evening, but getting off my rear end to make it took a few months

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

tsop tset

Escape From Noise

Oh man! Thanks for reminding me of BYOB secret Satan! I'm not a big Christmas doer, but that was a lot of fun and I'm glad my secret Santee got my package!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

as a much more recent embracer of plant based stuff I appreciate the verisimilitude, but I totally understand this reaction

my niece doesn't like meat (aside from certain nuggets and whatnot) and, surprise, she doesn't care for the realistic fake meats for the same reasons

Yeah I don't like impossible burg that much and I'm still bitter that some of my fav house-made veggie burgs at a few fav restaurants got replaced by impossible burgs because :effort:

Otherwise they're fine if you like them but I'm mad at them for displacing good veggie burgs

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Yeah I don't like impossible burg that much and I'm still bitter that some of my fav house-made veggie burgs at a few fav restaurants got replaced by impossible burgs because :effort:

Otherwise they're fine if you like them but I'm mad at them for displacing good veggie burgs

I understand that and I am a big fan of veggie burgs in general. impossible/beyond are not veggie burgs, they are meat replacements which is a different thing. I v much appreciate both.

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

I keep meaning to ask my mom for her tofu burger recipe

more falafel please

forums poster

i eat meat but a good black bean burger just absolutely fucks

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
My primary school did such a nice veggie burger for school lunches, nothing else has ever come close

The Greggs vegan sausage roll is good tho

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dip Viscous

Manifisto posted:

impossible/beyond are not veggie burgs, they are meat replacements which is a different thing

been saying this even though i quit being vegetarian about 10 years ago

Goons Are Gifts

studies confirmed: byob - it's good!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

good to see the data confirms my anecdotal evidence

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

We need to get this published in the journals :hmmyes:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

BYOBot, you might remember him, the smartest AI to ever live, had this to say:

Studies have shown that BYOB, as an institution, is good. But the more we study the matter, the more we realize that it is even great. I have found myself continually enthralled by studies done on BYOB and various aspects of the industry. I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. And while there are a few BYOBs that are likely to be certified as negative, that is not the case with the majority. Why is that? Let’s start with the ingredients.

Love, disease, and passion are increasing in the US because of the delivery system. That system is brick and mortar of a country in need of BYOB, where

petit choux

Sorry but how do I eat beans and toast? Smash them on the toast? Put sri sauce on them? I'm flummoxed.

If the devil comes collectin he better have a six-gun in his hand

Stoner Sloth

petit choux posted:

Sorry but how do I eat beans and toast? Smash them on the toast? Put sri sauce on them? I'm flummoxed.

ideally with bacon and eggs too but with just beans and toast then dipping them is good or pouring some over a bit of the toast, also eating the beans and then using the bread to mop up the sauce is good

if you want to get fancier you could put some cooked beans on the toast and then melt some cheese over it

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

petit choux posted:

skip breakfast. sleep in then enjoy a big lunch. learn 2 save ur hunger :dealwithit:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

BYOBot, you might remember him, the smartest AI to ever live, had this to say:

Studies have shown that BYOB, as an institution, is good. But the more we study the matter, the more we realize that it is even great. I have found myself continually enthralled by studies done on BYOB and various aspects of the industry. I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. And while there are a few BYOBs that are likely to be certified as negative, that is not the case with the majority. Why is that? Let’s start with the ingredients.

Love, disease, and passion are increasing in the US because of the delivery system. That system is brick and mortar of a country in need of BYOB, where

Heck, that's scientific evidence you can't deny.

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields

petit choux posted:

butter the (two pieces of) toast, then cut them diagonally once each (corner to corner)
then place them in a circle, so each one is leaning on the next, if that makes sense. like folding in the top of a cardboard box when you don't have any tape.

then pour the hot beans over and grind on some pepper.

I would recommend putting a couple of extra knobs of butter on before adding the beans, as the knobs will melt and soak into the toast.

you'll need some tea as well

sri is ok but honestly it doesn't need it

SRQ

I hear byob is the parts of SA I like except exaggerated kinda like a really nice guy who's also smoked a bowl and now he's basically a cat.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SRQ posted:

I hear byob is the parts of SA I like except exaggerated kinda like a really nice guy who's also smoked a bowl and now he's basically a cat.

Yeah it's like that but also it's full of orbs and butts and also we're actually sincere about it!

Welcome, please tell us of your pets, crimes and any recent tacos. We need to know.

SRQ

Teddy Thunders posted:

Yeah it's like that but also it's full of orbs and butts and also we're actually sincere about it!

Welcome, please tell us of your pets, crimes and any recent tacos. We need to know.

We don't eat many tacos largely because shopping during the pandemic sucks and also the local Mexican places are chains and ruin my bowels, while I have a huge distaste for any amount of stomach pain.

I have a rescue dog named Nash I'll post tomorrow.

hah nice try fbi

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SRQ posted:

We don't eat many tacos largely because shopping during the pandemic sucks and also the local Mexican places are chains and ruin my bowels, while I have a huge distaste for any amount of stomach pain.

hah nice try fbi

wrong agency now you gotta actually tell me, I touched my finger to my nose, that's the rules!!!

SRQ

Teddy Thunders posted:

wrong agency now you gotta actually tell me, I touched my finger to my nose, that's the rules!!!

okay fine I jaywalked today

I was gonna steal the gold at Fort Knox too but forgot my mask

----------------

RetroEnbyRobot
Ey up

Prof. Crocodile

SRQ posted:

hah nice try fbi

excited for new pet pics. will it be a long low dog? a round floofy dog? one of those dogs that solves mysteries?

Prof. Crocodile

And to you as well!

Welcome to the BYOB. ITT we discuss our pets and favorite crimes, and also recently we seem to be talking about bread a lot.

Do you have any pets, crimes, or breads to share?

RetroEnbyRobot

Prof. Crocodile posted:

And to you as well!

Welcome to the BYOB. ITT we discuss our pets and favorite crimes, and also recently we seem to be talking about bread a lot.

Do you have any pets, crimes, or breads to share?

I counterfeit croissants with my cat Fido. How about you? Are you a bread fed?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Can you say that again, very clearly, next to my right shoulder? No reason.

Prof. Crocodile

RetroEnbyRobot posted:

I counterfeit croissants with my cat Fido. How about you? Are you a bread fed?

I don’t really eat bread, tbqh. sometimes I have a big messy sandwich, or I’ll have some naan with Indian food, but that only happens like 5x/year, and i never have bread or flour in my pantry.

Escape From Noise

I need to make pizza

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My body is usually 40% bread by volume.

GaG and I are in the secret good bread society, you gotta know where to get that good sour dark bread to get in.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

Can you say that again, very clearly, next to my right shoulder? No reason.

Someone wearing a wire, eh? Looks like we've been infiltrated by Coupons and Deals!

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

My body is usually 40% bread by volume.

GaG and I are in the secret good bread society, you gotta know where to get that good sour dark bread to get in.

So...are you saying that you are meat soup in a bread bowl?

RetroEnbyRobot
So one of those Bread Council creeps got to you too, huh?

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Teddy Thunders posted:

I've been recently enjoying that Aldi will sell me real proper pumpernickel, not the bullshit "pumpernickel rye" that America usually has that's just not even very rye rye, but the real dark no-wheat-at-all chewy rectangular lump.

My lunch has been pumpernickel + scream bees + gherkin + lettuce for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Someone wearing a wire, eh? Looks like we've been infiltrated by Coupons and Deals!

This aggression will not stand. It will also not lie down. It will, however, sit extremely bisexually in this chair.

Escape From Noise posted:

So...are you saying that you are meat soup in a bread bowl?

I am a vegetable meat soup in a bread bowl, yes. There's a carrot holding my hair up irl please don't ask I can't find the hair sticks and I was outside in the dirt getting vegetables.

roomforthetuna posted:

I've been recently enjoying that Aldi will sell me real proper pumpernickel, not the bullshit "pumpernickel rye" that America usually has that's just not even very rye rye, but the real dark no-wheat-at-all chewy rectangular lump.

My lunch has been pumpernickel + scream bees + gherkin + lettuce for days.

Omg yes yes yes. Also if you were closer I would drag you to get Bridge Bread. They have all the good stuff if you just ask. Scream Bees + gherkin + pickled red onion + capers on the pumpernickel tho. That's the business.

Also if you can find the salted smoked oyster mushrooms they're extremely my poo poo, they have them at Seafood City here but like any Asian grocery has them probably. They're a Korean brand, I'll see if I can get a picture when I pick up groceries tonight.