Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Oh Long Johnson posted:

infusions have always been weird since demons and idk if any of them have gotten it right

ds3 is the closest to getting it right, letting you make any non-unique weapon scale off any stat you want, and it makes more sense. in ds2 half the infusions just ruin the weapon lmao but at least status effects like poison were way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh Long Johnson posted:

infusions have always been weird since demons and idk if any of them have gotten it right

Ya for sure I just mean throwing out all the random titanite or types of des stone and just having it all be the one type and you can infuse at any level instead of specific switchover points

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Oh Long Johnson posted:

blood gems are basically infusions and the chalice dungeons being a giant optional part of the game to find more and better blood gems is epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Finally i can weild 2 of the 500 different halberds in this game while circle strafing giant human boss that does thrust thrust wide horizontal swing over and over

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

By god you freaks need to be drawn and quartered

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a lot of charm to the obtuse nature of upgrading weapons in dark souls 1. I like how each blacksmith has different upgrade paths, like they have different specialties of smithing that makes them unique, in turn it makes the weapon more personalized imo. Rose tinted glasses maybe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like demon souls, dark souls, dark souls 2, dark souls 3 and Bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite boss in Bloodborne is the Pig that's just the enemy, Pig, but now the health bar fills up the bottom part of the screen

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
all of the games have really good and also really bad decisions but are still better than most other games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the butt avi is confusing me i keep thinking lyle is doing a jekyll & hyde bit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Klowner posted:

there's a lot of charm to the obtuse nature of upgrading weapons in dark souls 1. I like how each blacksmith has different upgrade paths, like they have different specialties of smithing that makes them unique, in turn it makes the weapon more personalized imo. Rose tinted glasses maybe

It was quite annoying that The giant didn't have a bonfire beside him imo.

Think I've cleared out Archives as I've gotten to the second elevator and it leads right back to the bonfire. Hopefully a lord soul up here. Really cool area. A lot DS3 feels like them redoing areas but better. This wa a much better take on dukes archives imo and lothric castle as a whole better than Drangleic which ended up feeling really tiny and mainly a few broom cupboards and thin corridors.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

you can tell a Lyle post by its easy markers.

Lyle only says good things about a game if his post ends with "bye," that's his version of the nervous lol. sometimes instead he says you're playing the game wrong and ends with "die!" but that's only for games he truly loves.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

my favorite boss in Bloodborne is the Pig that's just the enemy, Pig, but now the health bar fills up the bottom part of the screen

my favorite enemy in bloodborne is the nightmare pig that's just sitting there with its back turned until it turns around and its face is covered in eyeballs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Nicest guy you’ll ever meet

Oh Long Johnson posted:

all of the games have really good and also really bad decisions but are still better than most other games

Twisted loving psychopath

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Finally i can weild 2 of the 500 different halberds in this game while circle strafing giant human boss that does thrust thrust wide horizontal swing over and over

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Reminds me of when I was a noob and ralp changed my name to Mysterious Loyall Y to uh... encourage ppl to flame me or something so they just all called him an insane freak and bullied him into renaming me larry

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lothric princes ruled

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Lothric princes ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I know what a prince of Lothric ought to beeeeeeee

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Lothric princes ruled

my favorite boss. its so simple but combing the powerful knights and mages of the level that way was sick. are you doing the dlcs?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

my favorite boss. its so simple but combing the powerful knights and mages of the level that way was sick. are you doing the dlcs?

Yea the edition I bought has the two DLC, I found the Snowy painting one but left immediately assuming it's intended for post game despite being accessible so early. Hope I'm not way too over levelled lol.

Beat Champion Gundyr second try and that means I lost to Iudex more than to him lol. After messing up my ds1 stats so badly as a newbie I just focussed on hp and str dex and am whacking lads. Don't feel my visor should be as absurdly high as it is at 30 compared to ds2 and 1 it's huge especially as I've played the full game kindled.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Yea the edition I bought has the two DLC, I found the Snowy painting one but left immediately assuming it's intended for post game despite being accessible so early. Hope I'm not way too over levelled lol.

yeah theres a dev message warning you to clear lothric castle first lol, if youre maxed out its fine. the other dlc is definitely endgame too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

yeah theres a dev message warning you to clear lothric castle first lol, if youre maxed out its fine. the other dlc is definitely endgame too

Cool. I'm level 83 which seems okay for end game, I did a bunch of co op but always spent those souls on armour sets etc. and never used consumables but you just get so many souls and I don't think I ever lost any so never grinded either. seems like DS2 amounts of levels

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I still have to clear out dragon peak and the kiln of first flame. Is this ds1 or 2 rules? Can I kill the final boss then stay doing stuff or will it isntnatnly send me to ng+

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I still have to clear out dragon peak and the kiln of first flame. Is this ds1 or 2 rules? Can I kill the final boss then stay doing stuff or will it isntnatnly send me to ng+

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

You can keep doing poo poo, it'll ask if you wanna go to NG+ when you beat the last boss and if you say no you can do it any time from the firelink bonfire

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cool thanks gang.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ds3 final boss is awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ds3 has a ton of cool bosses, dragonslayer armor is so fuckin sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I thought the painted world dlc was just ok but the main boss of it is great

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just beat Mergo’s Wet Nurse in BB, who might have been the easiest boss in the whole game.

The doll tells me that Gehrman is waiting for me, so it’s DLC time now, right?

Ludwig might be the hardest boss I’ve fought so far, but it’s weirdly a really fun fight, especially when he hits phase 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Quarterroys posted:

I just beat Mergo’s Wet Nurse in BB, who might have been the easiest boss in the whole game.

Ludwig might be the hardest boss I’ve fought so far, but it’s weirdly a really fun fight, especially when he hits phase 2.

yeah if you beat the final boss in bb its a point of no return, go clean up.

mergo is a really lame let down. it looks sick visually but it aims at where you were 5 seconds ago

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my first time through ds3 I thought it was fine but it really grew on me the next few runs through. lots of clever bosses. I'm really excited to see Emmy ok's reactions to the dlc bosses

Quarterroys posted:

Yeah bloodborne operates on ds1 rules, you just go right to ng+

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ds3 final boss when he goes curved sword pyromancer and does the ninja flip and can counter you :aaaaa:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZJF_ng34k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FFIpTvFTQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I thought the painted world dlc was just ok but the main boss of it is great

i just loved the open space