Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Welcome to Wine in Front of All: Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

This will be an open setup game with roles picked by you, the players! Probably won’t be balanced, probably will be fun, and as the title suggests, you get TWO CHANCES to get a role this time!

I’m your mod, Sub Rosa is a mod, Chili is a mod. RF too I think. Probably more co-mods before this is over.

:siren: Discord Server is Up :siren: You need to join the discord server to play.

Signups are open. Game will probably start on Friday the 7th, maybe Thursday the 6th, but first deadline will not be until Monday at earliest.

There is no player limit. At some point I'll determine we have enough and close signups. I'll figure out the alignment balance after that as well.

More to come, and more rules below, but I encourage everyone to start calling everyone scum now.

Player List there should be 17 Not sure how I lost Solus and Minus will fix at some point
  1. .random
  2. AT-LOW
  3. CCKeane
  4. dy. (cool dude)
  5. Grandicap (He, Him)
  6. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. ilmucche
  8. merk (he/him)
  9. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  10. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  11. Philip J. Fry (he/him/bro)
  12. sandnavyguy (He/him)
  13. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  14. Somberbrero (He/him)
  15. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  16. B-minus1 NOT SURE WHY THIS WENT MISSING
  17. SolusLunes NOT SURE WHY THIS WENT MISSING
HUMALONG, the Inter Dimensional Stump, appeared on Night 1 and disappeared at the end of Day 2. Will he be back?
SalTheBard post history here if you need it (Somber replaced Sal D2)

Timeline
Day 1 Start / Day 1 Flip
Day 2 Start / Day 2 (lack of) Flip
Day 3 Start / Day 3 Flip
Day 4 Start / Day 4 Flip
Day 5 Start

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Wine in Front of All is exactly like a normal game, except there is a special pre-game stage that allows people to pick roles. It works as such:

Specific WIFOA Pre-Game Rules [NOTE: Some of these have changed from previous WIFOA games for the special double mint flavor]

Stage 0: Meet Ms. RNG. I will randomly assign each player’s alignment. This will be done by RNG (twice, actually), so while I encourage WIFOM in this game, initial player order will probably not be the place to look. Players will not learn their alignment until Stage 2 (the Role Draft) begins.

Stage 1: Draft Order Contest. Each player must send me a number (integers only, sc4rs) from 1-10. Each player must also send me a second tie break number from 1-10 – the tie break will work exactly like the original contest (Example of number choice: Vodoofly picks 9, 9). The object is to pick the number closest to 1 that THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PICK. Order will be determined as: (1) closest to 1 that only 1 person picked, until all single picks are gone; (2) closest to 1 that only 2 people picked (using the tiebreaker), until all double picks are gone; (3) closest to 1 that only 3 people picked (using the tiebreaker), until all triple picks are gone; etc. If there is a tie in the tiebreaker number section, those players will be behind any single pick for the tie breakers, and I will roll dice for them. The final Draft Order will be published in this thread for all to see before moving to Stage 2. See the Mock Draft (posted somewhere below) for an example.

Stage 2: Pick Two Roles. First, players will learn their alignment (scum will NOT learn who their scum buddies are). Second, each person must select TWO ROLES, from the pool of roles (provided below): one will be a PRIMARY role, the other a SECONDARY role (Example of role choice: Voodoofly: Primary Toxic Vig, Secondary Party Host). These selections must be sent to me via PM or Discord. Role selections will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 3: Primary Role Draft. After all role selections are in, I will then go down the Draft Order – if nobody above you has selected the PRIMARY role you picked, you get the role, but if someone has already taken that role, you still have a chance in the Secondary Role Draft. If you select vanilla, you will automatically be vanilla. The results of this draft will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 4: Secondary Role Draft. Now, we will go reverse, snake style, back up the Draft Order – if you did not get your PRIMARY role, and your SECONDARY is still available, you get the role, but if someone has already taken that role, you are vanilla. If you select vanilla, you will automatically be vanilla. The results of this draft will NOT be published until after the game has finished.

Stage 5: Let’s go! People will be sent their role (including any additional role information that was intentionally or unintentionally not included in the OP) and full/rest of their alignment (scum will learn their scumbuddies at this time, etc). After that Day 1 will begin. There will be no Night 0.

General Rules:
  • General mafia rules apply: Don't be a jerk or try to break the rules. You all know what the rules are.
  • Eternal Twilight. When a player is hammered, that player shuts up. If, for some reason, a player looks like they might be killed, people can keep talking until a mod puts a flip up (including the possible dead player). Thread will never close because WIFOA is the party that never ends.
  • There are NO roles that can determine alignment. There are also NO roles that can mess with the flips (i.e. if the flip says scum, they were scum, etc.)
  • Majority lynches. You can ##vote no execution if you want but that's more of a plurality thing so not sure why you would. There will be deadlines, if you don't hammer by the deadline then no execution that day.
  • Pander Rule: Do NOT quote or share your role PM, or any part of it, with anyone, whether in the thread or not. If you are allowed to share your role PM, your role will explicitly specify as such.Dy and Ilmucche Rule addendum: don't try to break the game through rule technicalities. When in doubt ask before you do something. Scum are allowed to share their roles with scumbuddies.
  • Talking about the game: Don't do it. Whether living or dead. Whether the person is in the game or not. Just say no! If there is a dead chat in Discord then this rule will not apply to that chatroom and that chatroom only.
  • This is a non-confirmation style game. Basically, I will NEVER tell you about the success or failure of your night actions (unless your role expressly says you will get success or failure confirmation). Don't equate receiving results to being successful, since if there was a reason you would receive false results you won't know about it. Likewise, though, this isn't a mindfuck game.
  • Night actions will follow a priority list. You can assume that list generally follows this pattern: Blocky / Watchy / Protecty / Shooty / Searchy.
  • The scum kill is an action. A scum player must perform it. If they perform a kill they are not able to do any other action, unless they have another role that would expressly allow them to perform multiple actions. There can never, ever, ever, be more than one scum kill from a single scum team each night.
  • Also, there may be situations where a player asks you to do something unusual. As such, there is NO STRICT RULE about posting actions in thread or in your confessional. On the other hand, if I think anyone is doing something just to be a jerk I'll modkill them. Use your judgment. Inquisitive actions are allowed although might be ignored. Tricking someone to post something is allowed so long as I can determine even a remotely decent reason to do it. Joke fake actions will be applauded or punished depending on how good they are. Please don't make me explain this further or change this rule.
  • Other things: Just pay attention.

Possible Role List (descriptions might be vague on purpose, and the role might perform more or less than it seems, but will not contradict anything written here):
  • Secret Santa Gavel: merk once sent me a “Lurker Judge” gavel for Mafia Secret Santa. Now we pretend my niece didn't destroy that gavel while I was watching her one weekend and that I give that gavel to you. With this gavel you will have the power to convene special Lurker Tribunals, putting players forth to be judged on the heinous crime of lurking in a WIFOA game, and if you can convince your peers of these traitorous lurker's guilt, you will be granted the power to execute them on the spot!
  • Memories of Murder: You are Detective Park, and you can tell if a person is guilty just by looking in their eyes. Each night you may target a person and determine if that person is guilty. A player is guilty if they have directly killed, vigged, or hammered another player in the game.
  • Dramatic Bodyguard: Each night you may choose to protect one person from being killed. If that person is killed, you will die instead of that person, but because you are dramatic, the person who was supposed to die will see everyone who successfully targeted YOU and that person, including who it was that tried to kill that person (unless there is something that would prevent someone from being seen, that is).
  • Armorer: You have an infinite supply of bullet proof vests. Each night, you may distribute one bulletproof vest. The official bullet proof vest description is in the OP.
  • Third Hand: Each night you may target one person, and that person will be able to perform an additional action during the night. This is vague on purpose, but will require some coordination with you and your target. Your role PM will contain more info.
  • Roleblocker / Empowerer: Choose either one each night (1) target is unable to perform an action, or (2) if target was unable to perform an action, will remove one obstacle to performance.
  • Toxic Vigilante: One shot dayvig. Must also call the alignment of target with shot in the thread (##kill xxx, xxx is [town/not town]). If vig is wrong about the alignment, the vig will die along with the target. If something prevents the vig's shot, it is wasted, but the vig will remain alive. New to this game, if there are any third party alignments in this game, those alignments will be considered "not town" for purposes of calling your shot.
  • Charging Vigilante: You have a gun. It shoots during the day. It might shoot at night. It gets stronger with time. This is meant to be vague.
  • Firing Squad Vigilante: You are in charge of the firing squad rifle cabinet. There are five rifles. They only fire once. Only one is loaded. You may only fire one rifle per day (##kill xxx in thread) as firing squads don’t shoot at night. Each night you may target the cabinet and, if successful, a magical hand will remove an unloaded rifle from the cabinet.
  • Party Host: When you die (execution, mafia kill, vig, anything), a list of everyone who has successfully targeted you will be posted with your cardflip. This list will include both day and night targets. The players will be listed alphabetically, and it will not reveal when they targeted you, or if they targeted you more than once. This role is not an action - a roleblock will not affect your list power other than that person would be added to your list for successfully targeting you. This is a one-time ability, and nothing can cause this to happen more than once in the game. New to this game, if you are executed, the player who hammers you is added to the list.
  • Backup Extraordinaire: At the start of the game, the backup extraordinaire submits a list of the role/roles that player wishes to backup (from this list right here). After that, the first role to flip on the backup's list will be given to the backup at that time. If the role was a 1x ability and has already been used, the backup gets the role in the already used condition. When the backup dies that player's cardflip will not indicate whether the backup ability had triggered or what role it took over. The backup will not know of any results from the original player's use. This role is not an action - a roleblock will not affect your power. This is a one-time ability, and nothing can cause this to happen more than once in the game.
  • Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason A: an unconfirmed mason. If one or more people picks one of the other Mason roles, then you will will be allowed to talk to those other masons outside of the thread. This is a (almost certainly) useless role very fun role.
  • Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason B: an unconfirmed mason. If one or more people picks one of the other Mason roles, then you will will be allowed to talk to those other masons outside of the thread. This is a (almost certainly) useless role very fun role.
  • Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason C: an unconfirmed mason. If one or more people picks one of the other Mason roles, then you will will be allowed to talk to those other masons outside of the thread. This is a (almost certainly) useless role very fun role.
  • Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason D: an unconfirmed mason. If one or more people picks one of the other Mason roles, then you will will be allowed to talk to those other masons outside of the thread. This is a (almost certainly) useless role very fun role.
  • Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason E: an unconfirmed mason. If one or more people picks one of the other Mason roles, then you will will be allowed to talk to those other masons outside of the thread. This is a (almost certainly) useless role very fun role.
  • Mystery Role A: This player will flip as Mystery Role A upon death. It is up to the player to convince you what this role does.
  • Mystery Role B: This player will flip as Mystery Role B upon death. It is up to the player to convince you what this role does.
  • Mystery Role C: This player will flip as Mystery Role C upon death. It is up to the player to convince you what this role does.

Bullet Proof Vest Description:

quote:

Bullet Proof Vest:

You have a bullet proof vest. You may target yourself at night as an action to equip your vest (##equip vest), an, if successful, you will equip your vest. This action can be blocked, etc, and targets yourself for any sort of targeting rules. You may NOT use the ##equip action if you have a currently equipped vest. Once equipped, if something would successfully kill you during the day or at night, the vest will stop that kill and the vest will be destroyed. If, for any reason, you are no longer equipping this vest (destroyed, stolen, etc), you will also receive a private message letting you know that you are no longer equipping this vest - it will not explain why you are no longer equipping this vest.

Vanilla Role PM:

quote:

Alignment: Town

Role: Vanilla

Role Description: You are vanilla. You have no special powers except your vote. You are cooler than everyone else. There may or may not be other roles that can affect your abilities, whether for better or for worse.

quote:

Action: Do Something Useless:

Every player in this game has been granted the “Do Something Useless” action at night. This is a night action - if you Do Something Useless, you are not able to do another night action unless there is a reason you can perform more than one action at night. You may “Do Something Useless” to yourself or another player. This is an action that may succeed or fail. Neither you nor your target will ever be told about your action, or whether it was successful or not, unless they have a role that would provide such information.

Example night action submission: ##Do Something Useless to Me; ##Do Something Useless to Sub Rosa.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2021

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Draft Oder
code:
01.  ,random		6,2
02.  Mr. Steak 		7,1
03.  SolusLunes		9,1
04.  Philip J. Fry 	3,5   
05.  B-minus1		3,8
06.  Sandwolf 		1,1 (1)
07.  CCKeane		1,1 (2)
08.  Toalpaz 		1,1 (3)
09.  merk 		1,1 (4)
10.  Grandicap 		1,1 (5)
11.  SalTheBard 	4,8
12.  ObamaAkbar. 	4,1 (1)
13.  dy. 		4,1 (2)
14.  Hal Insandenza 	4,2 (1)
15.  AT-LOW		4,2 (2)
16.  sandnavyguy 	4,4 (1)
17.  Ilmucche		4,4 (2)
Special New Twists to the WIFOA format this game!
  • DOUBLE ROLE DRAFT!!!! You will submit two role choices. Your first choice will be like normal, but after the first draft is run, we will go snake style in reverse back up the draft order for round two, where both your first and your second choices can pick up a role!
  • There will not be ANY roles that can determine alignment! You want to know what someone is, you flip them.
  • Alignment setup is closed. Third parties? Two scum teams?
  • The total number of scum will not be revealed. There may or may not be third parties.
  • "Do Something Useless" action for every player!
  • Mystery actions to perform???
  • Probably other stuff too!!!

Helpful Game Links:
Post with Draft Order / people know alignments here
Mock Draft Linked Here
Link to last game if you want to see a general WIFOA setup

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 7, 2021

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play if the final player count is 16 or less.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I will play if the final player count is 16 or less.

I will sign up once the player count reaches 16

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Yas please

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

I will sign up once the player count reaches 16

Holding out, making that 499th game special.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sounds fun

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll play.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll play too

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m in

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

I’m in

How can you argue with Voodoo if he's the mod?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Grandicap posted:

How can you argue with Voodoo if he's the mod?
You know I have a feeling that merk might not have too much trouble finding someone to argue with.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I curse Chili's name for bringing me back to this horrible game with you vile people.

But yeah sure I'm in.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

You know I have a feeling that merk might not have too much trouble finding someone to argue with.

I WILL DO IT

.random
May 7, 2007

Hard maybe. Am I guaranteed town this time?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't know what a wifoa game is but i'm in

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

There’s a public draft for power roles p much!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ilmucche posted:

I linked to the last game in one of the OPs if you want to see the general format.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Is this the game I finally pick 1,1? Maybe... probably not due to me being a coward. But maybe.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yes pleae

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I really like open setups because it removes a lot of the paranoid theorycrafting about serial killers or survivors or all that dumb stuff and this open setup is the best one. Thanks Voodoo.

Although I will fight you over plurality executions :argh:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

This one is going to be majority executions. One of the roles will be a "guilt investigator" or something that can tell if a player is guilty. Guilty includes: killing a player, vigging a player, hammering a player, and possibly even being the first vote on someone who is hammered. Any thoughts or ideas on messing with that role are welcome.

There will also be ZERO roles that can determine alignment.

Hell any ideas for any types of roles are welcome so long as they don't ever determine alignment.

Also this one will be semi-open. There might be third parties, haven't decided yet, will probably depend on final player count.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What about...an alignment cop

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What about...a brutal doctor?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What if I started the game..knowing everyone’s alignment?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

You can be my co-mod if you want

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

You mean, being scum?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also: if anyone wants to provide me a very cool, detailed, idiot proof tutorial on the best way to create spectators I'm all for it. I feel like however I did it last time was stupid and took way too much effort to set up.

If I am impressed with your instructions I might even give you a special bonus for the game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

unconfirmed masons for everyone

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ilmucche posted:

unconfirmed masons for everyone

You will be with Chili and me.

.random
May 7, 2007

Bulletproof vengeful jester

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Also: if anyone wants to provide me a very cool, detailed, idiot proof tutorial on the best way to create spectators I'm all for it. I feel like however I did it last time was stupid and took way too much effort to set up.

If I am impressed with your instructions I might even give you a special bonus for the game.

Create a role with read permissions to each of your channels, then add dead people and observers to that role, rather than granting each person permissions individually.
Right click on your server on the left hand side of discord go to server settings then roles. Create a new role and give it a snazzy color.
Go to each of your channels, and add roles to it the same way you would add a player to a channel. Make sure they can view channel, and view channel history, but not send messages. I usually let them send emoji's but that is up to you.
Then you can right click on a player go to roles in the bottom of the drop down, and click select all roles they should be a member of.

Have fun.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

yeah gimme the role of co-mod, 3rd party vengeful luncher

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

How can you do this to me voodoo!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

How can you do this to me voodoo!

There is no limit to the amount of co-mods in this game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Create a role with read permissions to each of your channels, then add dead people and observers to that role, rather than granting each person permissions individually.
Right click on your server on the left hand side of discord go to server settings then roles. Create a new role and give it a snazzy color.
Go to each of your channels, and add roles to it the same way you would add a player to a channel. Make sure they can view channel, and view channel history, but not send messages. I usually let them send emoji's but that is up to you.
Then you can right click on a player go to roles in the bottom of the drop down, and click select all roles they should be a member of.

Have fun.

Check out the mason roles in the in process 2nd post for your reward.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I can't join the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in!