Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm going to try Dragon Quest Builders tonight, see what it's about. How are you guys liking it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's great but you definitely have to like a certain kind of gaming experience to enjoy it. I could easily see someone else being bored to tears by it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Barudak posted:

The menu language was that that the main menu functioned as a guide filled with standardized features many games would never use such as news updates or sending you straight to its page in the microsoft store. It results in really ugly menus and confusion as to where stuff in the game is buried and it is visually ugly as hell since it was active at all times on the menu and them bled into the in-game menu design.

It was really rapidly dropped so it mainly just affects Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, and a handful of other titles. Its not just ugly and full of useless standardized features, it makes it actively harder to find and parse things.

Love firing up Dead Rising 3 and being told to consult the Smart Glass app for more information.

Or Tomb Raider telling me I can yell at the screen do do things.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

I'm going to try Dragon Quest Builders tonight, see what it's about. How are you guys liking it?

Brace yourself for puns.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

American McGay posted:

Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed not on BC? I wanted to jam out to some tunes this afternoon.

I swear it is

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2 is, the first isn't for some reason.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

joylessdivision posted:

I remember being kinda hyped for the new console, and then we got our working display models (they had sent us a hollow dummy console to display for a month or two leading up to launch lol) set up we had a bunch of rules about what was supposed to be on said display models.

Lococycle was one of the games we had for demo, and I think Crimson Dragon was too. Both were extremely underwhelming visually and I never bothered to even try them.

I picked up my One probably a year after launch or so either around or just after the release of Sunset Overdrive so that's probably why I thought it was a launch title.

It took me a while to get a One because of all the backlash but with my PS4 being a Destiny machine, looking at Titanfall, Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 2 Anniversary and so on early in the gen made me really envious. I still remember when they first unveiled the One and had that gameplay demo for Titanfall which was one of the most impressive showcases for the start of the generation for me, that and the gameplay videos of Forza showing off Prague. Reminded me of how great the 360 launch era was.

Edit: Just saw the FPS boost update and I know the original Dishonored was part of the first batch of games alongside Prey but am I right in thinking Death of the Outsider is part of the new batch? Gives me hope that Dishonored 2 will be part of the next group of games to get the FPS boost because they have the first and third games in the trilogy updated now, would be weird if the second game never got a bump.

Also, how's Shadow Warrior 2? Always held off because the console versions weren't 60fps but now it's up at 60 I wondered how it was? I remember being really impressed with the gameplay reveal for the game (and those Ninja Gaiden 2 styled claws look awesome) but I don't know if the final game looked/played as fun as this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ45LTOwiwg

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 4, 2021

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

My initial purchase of Game Pass Ultimate just ran out (I upgraded for £1 awhile back) and now it wants me to pay monthly. What's the cheapest way to get more now? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Microsoft reward points.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Crafty posted:

I loved Sunset Overdrive, I even have the SO bundle big fat white edition Xbox. I played a bit of the multiplayer but it wasn’t as much fun as the singleplayer.

If sunset overdrive 2 does come to fruition I will probably buy the PS5 once they redesign the console so it’s not as hideous.

I really enjoyed Sunset Overdrive too and 100%'d it and its DLC's. While the comedy is hit or miss and it's a bit slow to start, once you unlock all the movement abilities (and master them) & the better explosive weapons it gets really fun.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

Also, how's Shadow Warrior 2? Always held off because the console versions weren't 60fps but now it's up at 60 I wondered how it was? I remember being really impressed with the gameplay reveal for the game (and those Ninja Gaiden 2 styled claws look awesome) but I don't know if the final game looked/played as fun as this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ45LTOwiwg

Wow, how come I've never heard about this game before this post? This looks rad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the first one is decent, I couldn't get into the second one at all, it felt like a game that would have benefited massively from having co-op

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

My initial purchase of Game Pass Ultimate just ran out (I upgraded for £1 awhile back) and now it wants me to pay monthly. What's the cheapest way to get more now? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

After it's expired, get a bunch of Live Gold (3 years or less) and then buy Ultimate (paying for 1 month) to convert it all to Ultimate. That one month of Ultimate will cost you full price but other than that the 1:1 upgrade deal still works.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Wow, how come I've never heard about this game before this post? This looks rad.

Shadow Warrior 2 plays like a very, very spongey and low content looter shooter thats all singleplayer. In summary its really bad and Shadow Warrior 3 has decided to rip off Doom 5 and Bulletstorm instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I could SWEAR they'd designed Shadow Warrior 2 as a proc-gen 4 player co-op game but they seem to have just dropped the multiplayer stuff entirely without really making a good singleplayer experience

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I genuinely spent several minutes in Shadow Warrior 2 trying to figure out how to activate co-op/online play because gently caress me this clearly multiplayer focused game is real bad in single player.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They absolutely revealed sw2 as a coop game and then never mentioned it again

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lammasu posted:

Microsoft reward points.

Yeah, takes a few minutes per day to earn a good chunk of the 12,000 points for ultimate (I swear it used to be 11,700 just a bit ago) just using edge/bing.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I could SWEAR they'd designed Shadow Warrior 2 as a proc-gen 4 player co-op game but they seem to have just dropped the multiplayer stuff entirely without really making a good singleplayer experience

It has multiplayer everywhere except PC Microsoft Store.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

It has multiplayer everywhere except PC Microsoft Store.

Whoa... I should convince someone I know to buy it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I got my series X in November and I have bought 8 giftcards worth 2€ each by through rewards so far, which is actually pretty nice. I usually just do it by earning an achievement every other day or so and doing the weekly challenges. Also going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards and click on a couple of things.

And recently I've been using the ABS extension for Chrome/Edge for my automatic Bing searches, thanks to some kind person that recommended it to me in this thread.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 5, 2021

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

In Xbox studio rumor land apparently The Coalition has been drafted in to help with development of Halo Infinite (I would assume the multiplayer portion and designing some maps etc. but who knows?) and is also busy working on Gears 6 as well. There's also chatter that they're working on a new IP as well since the studio now has two teams like Playground Games and people thought it was related to Star Wars since apparently Disney is shopping the license around after EA screwed up so much and rumors were swirling that they were making a game based on The Mandalorian (and a Mandalorian game by the Gears devs would be awesome) but a reliable industry leaker said the Halo & two teams thing is true but knows nothing of Star Wars so it's probably not true. I think I saw that apparently The Initiative is helping out with Halo Infinite as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one, although I don't think anyone would be surprised if it were true.

Also Playground Games' new Fable game is apparently being made using the same ForzaTech engine they use to make the Forza Horizon games which is unsurprising but people thought they might be using something else for some reason, I guess? I'm still curious what's happening with Turn 10 and the new Forza Motorsport since they've been very quiet since the announcement and I'd have expected their usual car/track weekly/monthly reveal news to have started by now. It seems like now is around the time Microsoft would be talking about Forza Motorsport 7 being delisted as well (going on the history of past games and licensing) but that hasn't happened so I wonder what's happening? Hope they keep all the good fantasy tracks for the new Motorsport game however but it looks like they're going more serious which makes me wonder if I should get FM7 before it goes away because Maple Valley, but I think Microsoft always gives Forza games away for free before they're delisted? Could swear that happened with past Motorsport/Horizon games?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

SUNKOS posted:

In Xbox studio rumor land apparently The Coalition has been drafted in to help with development of Halo Infinite (I would assume the multiplayer portion and designing some maps etc. but who knows?) and is also busy working on Gears 6 as well. There's also chatter that they're working on a new IP as well since the studio now has two teams like Playground Games and people thought it was related to Star Wars since apparently Disney is shopping the license around after EA screwed up so much and rumors were swirling that they were making a game based on The Mandalorian (and a Mandalorian game by the Gears devs would be awesome) but a reliable industry leaker said the Halo & two teams thing is true but knows nothing of Star Wars so it's probably not true. I think I saw that apparently The Initiative is helping out with Halo Infinite as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one, although I don't think anyone would be surprised if it were true.

Also Playground Games' new Fable game is apparently being made using the same ForzaTech engine they use to make the Forza Horizon games which is unsurprising but people thought they might be using something else for some reason, I guess? I'm still curious what's happening with Turn 10 and the new Forza Motorsport since they've been very quiet since the announcement and I'd have expected their usual car/track weekly/monthly reveal news to have started by now. It seems like now is around the time Microsoft would be talking about Forza Motorsport 7 being delisted as well (going on the history of past games and licensing) but that hasn't happened so I wonder what's happening? Hope they keep all the good fantasy tracks for the new Motorsport game however but it looks like they're going more serious which makes me wonder if I should get FM7 before it goes away because Maple Valley, but I think Microsoft always gives Forza games away for free before they're delisted? Could swear that happened with past Motorsport/Horizon games?

Not for free no but heavily discounted.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would assume everyone is involved in operation polish Halo 6. Shame I have 0 faith its built on a fixable foundation.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUNKOS posted:

As long as the Playground Games thing means I can set my name audio to "Chicken Chaser" in the next Forza Horizon game then I am all about it.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
The Coalition being involved would be excellent news since they bungled taking over a big shooter franchise with Gears 4 and then really turned it around with Gears 5. Post release support for Gears 5 has been strong as well, I wonder if they'll be involved in that too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should do a chief/marcus buddy crossover game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

they should do a chief/marcus buddy crossover game.

Beach Volleyball

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, takes a few minutes per day to earn a good chunk of the 12,000 points for ultimate (I swear it used to be 11,700 just a bit ago) just using edge/bing.

Do all of the daily searches/activities(MS Rewards site), the Game Pass quests (Xbox app) and the console Rewards app and you're basically all set. I'm at 5,234 points already this month and we're only five days in.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you're in the xCloud beta it's even easier because you can just go to xbox.com/play and load up 4 different Game Pass games in 20 seconds without being anywhere near your home console.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also protip for anyone else that buys way too many games like me, you will get credit for playing a game pass game even if you own it, so don't think you need to put off playing something you paid real money for just for rewards shenanigans.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

It's a pretty fun game! A cool addition to my cool collection. It's a bit like Minecraft but with missions.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1389981295330136069?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Interesting note (don't know when exactly these slides are from, but I'm guessing early/mid 2020 edit it says August on the first slide you dummy) they didn't feel that Infinite was likely to be delayed, or at the very least they didn't feel like indicating that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Want to point out Microsofts own internal document got the name of Balan Wonderworld wrong.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Want to point out Microsofts own internal document got the name of Balan Wonderworld wrong.

Sounds like they put as much effort in as the developers did

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

They also messed up the Destiny expansion name which was a pretty big focus. Or I guess maybe it was called that sometime before announcement? Not sure how old the doc is.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Barudak posted:

Not as badly as Yuji Naka got the game wrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i love how square has one game per year thats a total insult to anyone that would pay for it.
quiet man
that front mission spin off
balan

whats next in this illustrious series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

In Xbox studio rumor land apparently The Coalition has been drafted in to help with development of Halo Infinite (I would assume the multiplayer portion and designing some maps etc. but who knows?)
Not a rumor. Confirmed.