Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
if eels haven't learned to avoid the thames after spending 2000 years being jellied by cockneys well gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do not gently caress the eels imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
why are people flushing all their drugs away?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

scared of getting nicked by the fuzz for having gear

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

there's lots of stuff that we don't have effective ways of filtering out of waste water before it gets pumped away. hormones are a good example and there's lots of studies of estrogen in waste water negatively affecting fish because its in most kinds of contraceptive pill and we can't filter it out, and because fish have more receptors to it than humans so they're very susceptible

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

to distract from that semi-effort post please consider that I posted it from the toilet

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Are you flushing coke or hormones to make the fish gay

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fish with really big tits due to excess estrogen

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just if there's enough coke in the sewer water to get the fish high it's worth figuring out how to filter it back out.

That or splice some fish DNA into ourselves to make us more receptive to trace amounts of drugs

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

splice some fish DNA into ourselves to make us more receptive to trace amounts of drugs

this is the smartest idea you've ever had

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I will take the fish dna to become the creature from the black lagoon

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kecske posted:

this is the smartest idea you've ever had

Not a high bar

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They are pissing it away.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

fish with really big tits due to excess estrogen

Don't post my Nexus mods search history

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

endless space 2 wasn't very good imo

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
How do I get Google assistant and bixby to gently caress off and die forever. ffs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

kecske posted:

there's lots of stuff that we don't have effective ways of filtering out of waste water before it gets pumped away. hormones are a good example and there's lots of studies of estrogen in waste water negatively affecting fish because its in most kinds of contraceptive pill and we can't filter it out, and because fish have more receptors to it than humans so they're very susceptible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Collateral posted:

How do I get Google assistant and bixby to gently caress off and die forever. ffs

Bixby is the most fail name for a virtual assistant

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It's worse than useless, it is actively broken. Randomly spouting things, stopping or starting music (full volume no less) at the same time as I'm listening to a book or talking. I keep disabling it but it reenables itself. I think it's self aware. :ohdear:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Do not get bixby angry ha ha lil joke for u there

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

el dingo posted:

Are you flushing coke or hormones to make the fish gay

whats ur avatar and do you also use it on twitter

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gasmask posted:

whats ur avatar and do you also use it on twitter

I don't Twitter, it's the album cover for Get To Heaven from Everything Everything

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ahhh we're moving out of a flat and definitely getting a tiny house now and leaving reading!! Kinda excited

I think I'll have to commute to Reading but it's like £4 on the train and gently caress anything is better than living in this cramped hell hole with no garden

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Suddenly hungry for a ploughman's lunch. It is not lunchtime anywhere in America.

The US Virgin Islands would have gotten you most of the way there. Or McMurdo Station. Or for that matter RAF Lakenheath, Mildenhall, etc.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Leaving Reading is always a relief, even when I'm going down south on the train and I have to readjust to it suddenly going the other way.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

yeah i got a text last week to arrange my covid jab and the nearest place they could do it was the madjeski staduim but i got another text this morning from my gp offering to do it just down the road

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it makes sense having a home and an away fixture

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i got another text this morning from my gp offering to do it just down the road

will they give you the vaccine afterwards while you bask in the afterglow

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dogging for vaccines

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

hemale in pain posted:

Ahhh we're moving out of a flat and definitely getting a tiny house now and leaving reading!! Kinda excited

I think I'll have to commute to Reading but it's like £4 on the train and gently caress anything is better than living in this cramped hell hole with no garden

Are you going to Newbury. The train'll be nice: you'll be able to look at all the people around you and think: "you've got to go all the way to London and then get on the Tube, but I'll be getting off in just a couple of minutes :smug:"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pistol_Pete posted:

Are you going to Newbury. The train'll be nice: you'll be able to look at all the people around you and think: "you've got to go all the way to London and then get on the Tube, but I'll be getting off in just a couple of minutes :smug:"

Downside is you're in Newbury.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think we all previously voted positively for Newbury as a great place to live or work for Vodafone.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Thatcham probably but it's basically newbury.

When we did a house viewing i biked over to newbury and did some work and it was alright even if apparently no one does deliveroo in newbury on a bicycle so it was kinda weird.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Tip posted:

more like

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

New Fudge Released!

Hey guys, happy to report that a new month’s supply of fudgey goodness is now live on the website and available for purchase!

Flavours this time are:

Vanilla
Salted Caramel
Lemon Meringue Pie
(now with an even better recipe!)
Black Cherry - super juicy cherry pieces surrounded by fudge made with cherry juice and a drop of amaretto
Unicorn Barf - An old favourite returns in a new and improved form!
Nibblez - A new creation. We took the traditional sweet shop favourite of chocolate nibbles and melted them into our fudge for a caramely, chocolatey, crumbly flavour. Then we sprinkled some more on top, because why the hell not?

All fudge is sold in bars of nominal 100gr weight, though most are well over that. Cost is £3.50 per bar plus postage.

Use the goon code ‘Roastbeefisbest’ to get five bags for the price of four!

Head over to https://www.fudjit.co.uk and get yourself a delicious sticky treat. Now!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i ordered me some goddamn fudge

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Newbury is Ok. It's a small town but there's enough younger people there with money that the town centre doesn't entirely shut down after 6pm like a lot of small towns do. Also, Reading, Oxford and London are all short train journeys away for when you get bored.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i ordered me some goddamn fudge

Yarp, me too.
Its probably going to arrive when I'm not home and the wife and kids will get at it first though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if anyone tampered with my mail, i would poo poo them