Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is a good read, florida really is "gently caress them kids, this won't effect anyone until after I'm dead" applied at a statewide level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

this is a good read, florida really is "gently caress them kids, this won't effect anyone until after I'm dead" applied at a statewide level

I've only gone to Florida for baseball but the Tampa Bay area is full of insane people. I was last down there around Anna Maria Island in early 2020 and people were buying newspapers and taping "TRUMP EXONERATED" cutouts to their cars and golf carts.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it blows down there. the interior is flat, soggy, and dilapidated

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
assuming anyone there survives florida is likely to become the next kansas in terms of "i cant believe the leopards ate my face" governance under brownback

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
leopard sucked me off??????

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fabricated posted:

This is very common and has a very low success rate. He's not going to get a new trial.

Reminds me of a poster that showed up in the reddit (shut up) ham radio board with a guy asking about 'tactical antenna wires' like ones that are wrapped with paracord or whatever

So i checked out his post history

dudes like 20 and trying to be an NYPD cop

evidently on r/nypd there's a meme called "NOPD" which means you applied to be an NYPD officer and were rejected. They have a formal appeals process that involves lawyers and a psych eval

There's this _one_ psych they all go to.

this young kid is so obsessed with being an NY pig that he paid $4200 to a lawyer and a psych to try to get another hearing at the hiring board

The success rate of this rate is, over time, roughly 2%

---

The takeaway is that it's cool and good that some people are paying for manhattan apartments by grifting wannabe NYPD pigs but not actually clearing the path for them to get on the force

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

thats not how you suck someone off :/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe not the way you do it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Reminds me of a poster that showed up in the reddit (shut up) ham radio board with a guy asking about 'tactical antenna wires' like ones that are wrapped with paracord or whatever

So i checked out his post history

dudes like 20 and trying to be an NYPD cop

evidently on r/nypd there's a meme called "NOPD" which means you applied to be an NYPD officer and were rejected. They have a formal appeals process that involves lawyers and a psych eval

There's this _one_ psych they all go to.

this young kid is so obsessed with being an NY pig that he paid $4200 to a lawyer and a psych to try to get another hearing at the hiring board

The success rate of this rate is, over time, roughly 2%

---

The takeaway is that it's cool and good that some people are paying for manhattan apartments by grifting wannabe NYPD pigs but not actually clearing the path for them to get on the force

imagine being so hosed in the head that even the cops think you are too crazy

in recent hellworld news:
https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1389954166420824072

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

ADINSX posted:

thats not how you suck someone off :/

yeah thats more taking head

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

The_Franz posted:

imagine being so hosed in the head that even the cops think you are too crazy

in recent hellworld news:
https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1389954166420824072

jesus wept

Apr 7, 2003

Anywhere civilized is going to have state or local level eviction moratoriums, but god help you if you live in Texas or Alabama.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i make one exception for reddit for hobbies or communities either too small to exist easily to find, or where the community support is easier to find and search than elsewhere. those tend to be pretty good and decently regulated with meaningful discussions

if i forget to login and go to the main page wow that site is trash. front page of the internet indeed lol

Apr 7, 2003

The largest source of posters on Reddit is the county that Eglin AFB is in and the USAF runs their psych ops out of Eglin.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

i make one exception for reddit for hobbies or communities either too small to exist easily to find, or where the community support is easier to find and search than elsewhere. those tend to be pretty good and decently regulated with meaningful discussions

if i forget to login and go to the main page wow that site is trash. front page of the internet indeed lol

a subreddit's worth is inversely proportional to its size/breadth and how much it hits r/all

like yeah, r/amateurradio? i've got like five thousand posts there where I help noobs and share info because I love the hobby. The mods can keep the spammers and clickbait corraled and we all have a good time

r/funny or r/ifuckinglovescience or any of those types? Get the gently caress out, fast. Cesspool. Absolute sewer.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the only reddit i use is the austin subreddit mostly as a local news and trivia aggregator and it’s pretty good for that.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The largest source of posters on Reddit is the county that Eglin AFB is in and the USAF runs their psych ops out of Eglin.

a county with 200,000 residents is the main source of posters for a site with 330 million monthly users, got it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That's actually true-ish. Eglin was part of a program to turf reddit using taxpayer dollars. They've memoryholed a lot of it but a stunning percentage of "top posters" (most karma, most upvotes, what the gently caress ever) were ID'd using Eglin AFB ip addresses. They definitely had a disproportionately large voice in The Discourse despite me never hearing of Eglin AFB before this story broke.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Agile Vector posted:

Yeah most of the small hobby subreddits are pretty good. One of the MTG ones I go to recently imploded because a mod tried to control what content gets posted. This is a subreddit that gets maybe 10ish new posts a week and has 30k subs. Apparently at some point he also made a racial remark about a black player and "apologized" for it by saying it was a joke.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah most of the small hobby subreddits are pretty good. One of the MTG ones I go to recently imploded because a mod tried to control what content gets posted. This is a subreddit that gets maybe 10ish new posts a week and has 30k subs. Apparently at some point he also made a racial remark about a black player and "apologized" for it by saying it was a joke.

which one was this? commander? something else?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Share Bear posted:

which one was this? commander? something else?

It was the legacy subreddit, r/mtglegacy.

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

a county with 200,000 residents is the main source of posters for a site with 330 million monthly users, got it

The highest proportion of posters for a given population, you know what I fuckin' meant

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackout2015/comments/4ylml3/reddit_has_removed_their_blog_post_identifying/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

god help you if you live in Texas or Alabama.

an evergreen phrase, really

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. gently caress.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1389996711217713152

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Jesssdfisher/status/1390030019414609926

Apr 7, 2003

Same poo poo's running here with small business tyrants crying about how they can't compete with free government money.

One lady who owned a bbq place was crying about how she can't find workers while she was on supplemental oxygen recovering from covid.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

small business tyrants are such crybabies. people aren't accepting my starvation wages :qq:

please make their lives worse so they go back to making me money

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

dont troll

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:eyepop:

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

small business tyrants are such crybabies. people aren't accepting my starvation wages :qq:

please make their lives worse so they go back to making me money

https://twitter.com/pnoconnor/status/1389038508866686976

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's hurting the neighborhood character when the wendys dining room is closed. do something!!!!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/SabrinaNC9/status/1390010173859713025

https://twitter.com/SabrinaNC9/status/1390014017389965320

does this mean to imply that they are whining that they can't find woodworkers for $12/hr

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
sorry but I've been staring at this for like 5 minutes

https://twitter.com/dieDoktor/status/1389990535117557761?s=20

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah. Learn a trade liberals :smug:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/SabrinaNC9/status/1390010173859713025

https://twitter.com/SabrinaNC9/status/1390014017389965320

does this mean to imply that they are whining that they can't find woodworkers for $12/hr

lol yep. that machine in the first shot is like a 12-foot CNC router. they're complaining that they can't find cnc-trained woodworkers willing to work for less than 2000 dollars a month. double that rate would still be low for someone with that skillset.

e: also the under armor shirt. chuds just can't help it huh. gotta signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fabricated posted:

sorry but I've been staring at this for like 5 minutes

https://twitter.com/dieDoktor/status/1389990535117557761?s=20

no front door because thats only for servants to enter through