Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I can't say I expected Millenniumon to go down before all the megas showed up. Unless no other megas get their own episode and they all show up here at once.

This is almost certainly how they're going to do it considering the summary for episode 50. Doubly so because a big group evolution means they don't have to do individual evolution sequences for the other six, only Taichi and Yamato which is how they been doing it for the entire show. And that's an unfortunate looking prospect because dumping them all into a single episode makes it extremely unlikely they'll be able to put over the rest of the cast well. I've never been hugely attached to the 99 era Ultimate forms but it would still be nice if there best ever appearance ended up being something besides the PSP game. Hell, worst case scenario is that the Ultimate forms are actually made to look less impressive overall than the Perfect forms were in their respective debuts.

On the other hand I could just be wrong and the unprecedented Ultimate evolution is just going to be Omegamon Alter-S, and man would that suck and man is that still kind of plausible. The summary says something about how Mugendramon steals their data so they can't fight and that happening to Metal Garurumon, so decent odds are that Cresc Garurumon pops in to get around that and from there... We'll see I guess.

On the other hand I am intrigued by the idea that there's going to be 16 additional episodes after Millenniumon.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This show's pacing is all over the place. It felt like it went heavy in the first third and the second part has been almost nothing but filler. I thought they were going to lean more into alternate evolutions at first but nothing's happened in ages and even MetalGarurumon showed up in filler.

The original series didn't feel nearly this bad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I mean Millie's whole deal is that he's all but impossible to kill permanently(took multiple games for Ryo to pull it off and even then it's with a * attached due to both becoming part of MonoDramon and his whole time shenanigans causing him to be a stable time loop, and the Xros Wars Manga version was explicitly unbeatable when it was in Zeed form, only being beaten because they broke the forced DigiXros between it and DarkKnightmon), so even if they do in fact beat him in episode 50 odds are good he'll be back in some way for the real finale

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

To be fair to the games the entire reason that Millenniumon kept coming back in those was explicitly because he was Ryo's actual partner so he kept reincarnating. It was the same reason Wormmon could come back after he died in 02. Barring something like that there is nothing stopping them from killing Millenniumon beyond the baseline difficulty inherent in killing Millenniumon.

Anyways, the V-pet for Adventure 20 had one more unnamed boss after Millenniumon so that's probably going to be our final villain.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Millenniummon’s card is even about how hard to get rid of he is

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

amigolupus posted:

I liked the episode, but I had to roll my eyes when half the kids gets absorbed into Sephirothmon and of course Taichi, Yamato and Koshiro were in that group.

Chimeramon has to be made somehow, and it doesn't use the other kids' Digimon as parts.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Huh. You know now you bring that up, I wonder if they'll make anything out of the fact that in this continuity, Milleniummon is half formed out of a possible Mega for the main character's partner?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Digimon Card Game just announced cards for Kinkakumon and Ginkakumon and I didn’t even know those guys existed.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think they came out during the Xros Wars era?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Golux posted:

I think they came out during the Xros Wars era?

They were from the Digimon Crusaders game, so yeah. That era was imo the nadir of Digimon design. Even the good designs were stuff that were so stupid they wrapped around to amazing, like Gundramon. Every feminine Digimon from that time had massive boobs to the point they just looked stupid, like Mervamon or, in this case, Kinkakumon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have nothing relevant to say in this conversation except that Mervamon may be my choice for the single worst Digimon design in the entire franchise.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicrom posted:

I have nothing relevant to say in this conversation except that Mervamon may be my choice for the single worst Digimon design in the entire franchise.

Incorrect

Minervamon X

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

Minervamon X
Isn't Minervamon X the adorable little munchkin on top of a giant sword? Because that one's amazing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

girl dick energy posted:

Isn't Minervamon X the adorable little munchkin on top of a giant sword? Because that one's amazing.

The issue is that adorable little munchkin is dressed in a way that no adorable little munchkin should be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The issue is that adorable little munchkin is dressed in a way that no adorable little munchkin should be.
Oh.

Right. :eng99:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Eh I'd say Betsumon still holds the top slot for worst Digimon design by a country mile

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

To be fair to you, its really hard to tell that in the main art

You look at that and go, oh that doesn't look bad

Then you see what her actual design looks like

drrockso20 posted:

Eh I'd say Betsumon still holds the top slot for worst Digimon design by a country mile

I FULLY disagree.

She has *the worst* design.

Burkion fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 5, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Betsumon is great, how dare you

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

you don't like middle aged perverts wearing a furry suit of gatomon????

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For those unaware of what Betsumon looks like

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

For those unaware of what Betsumon looks like

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the loving bulge.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

it's 200% this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

girl dick energy posted:

Is his bulge worse than her camel toe

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

Is his bulge worse than her camel toe
Jesus loving Christ.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Minervamon X is an insidious design.

At a glance, she's fine. She's so small that all of the problems are literally impossible to see.

Then you get a look at her up close and it's just the worst. And its not meant to be funny, like Betsumon. Betsumon is a gag Digimon. Betsumon is meant to make you go WTF and laugh or be creeped out

I don't know what Minvervamon X is meant to do and I don't want to know.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I tweaked Betsumon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Change it back. The bulge must be freed

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

The bulge must be freed
As you wish.

:nws: :nws: :nws: :nws:

It's a sausage link run through a mosaic filter.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I don't mind Mervamon but I wish she had the proper monster-head-with-human-lower-face-in-the-mouth like Marsmon, Mercurymon, Neptunemon, and Minervamon.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mervamon’s design is pretty dire, as are most of the other “tittymons” from that era. It’s not necessarily because they’re fanservicey — I’m not a fan of that stuff but there’s room for a few horny designs in a franchise aimed towards largely teenage boys — but something about the way they did it just makes them look exaggerated and, well, just plain bad. I can understand the appeal of like... Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur style designs but stuff like Mervamon just wraps back around to looking unappealing, if that makes any sense.

Burkion posted:

To be fair to you, its really hard to tell that in the main art

You look at that and go, oh that doesn't look bad

Then you see what her actual design looks like

I FULLY disagree.

She has *the worst* design.

I usually have a higher tolerance for sketchy anime designs nowadays but this is honestly horrible in every sense of the word and I try to forget it exists.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Who cares about them, let's focus on this truly beautiful yet completely forgotten boy that finally will get what he has always deserved.

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1390236701012942849

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Betsumon is based on a cosplay

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

I tweaked Betsumon.

Should've added a camel toe

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Should've added a camel toe
One deeply cursed image is enough.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Betsumon is based on a cosplay

Wonder if this dude is packin heat too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Wonder if this dude is packin heat too

I believe she’s a lady so probably not

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seems both Atamadekachimon and Minidekachimon are appearing this week and probably getting into the DRB after being so totally forgotten since their one and only appearance in a weird toy that never left Japan!

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1390551706392535041

Furthermore, they were the first place winners of a contest for said toy (the DigiWindow), with the second place being Yo!Yo!mon - who's getting into the DRB as part of one of the DigiPolls, alongside BlackSeraphimon, Great King Scumon (both of which are now in) and Kodokugumon. So I guess old contest winners still have a chance to shine...please make some of them actual Digimon, Bandai, please. I want to see what Technodramon and HolyDigitamamon are actually like.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tinmon or riot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Seems both Atamadekachimon and Minidekachimon are appearing this week and probably getting into the DRB after being so totally forgotten since their one and only appearance in a weird toy that never left Japan!

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1390551706392535041

Furthermore, they were the first place winners of a contest for said toy (the DigiWindow), with the second place being Yo!Yo!mon - who's getting into the DRB as part of one of the DigiPolls, alongside BlackSeraphimon, Great King Scumon (both of which are now in) and Kodokugumon. So I guess old contest winners still have a chance to shine...please make some of them actual Digimon, Bandai, please. I want to see what Technodramon and HolyDigitamamon are actually like.

Yeah we've got like a dozen or more contest Digimon that either have nothing at all or just a tiny V-Pet style sprite to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Everyone's favorite mememon is getting a card in the new booster. I love it's design so much. It's ears/horns are little revolvers.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 8, 2021