Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone ever get a cubic yard of bark mulch or the like from costco online? I guess it varies by region a lot and I was thinking that would be handy because I want to put a bunch of mulch on my garden beds to keep the weeds down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

priznat posted:

Anyone ever get a cubic yard of bark mulch or the like from costco online? I guess it varies by region a lot and I was thinking that would be handy because I want to put a bunch of mulch on my garden beds to keep the weeds down.

Why not call a local landscaping supply?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Why not call a local landscaping supply?

That’s an option too but I like how the co one comes in a giant cube bag. I have gotten landscaping delivery here too but it was just dumped into a pile on the driveway and was fine but less contained. Perhaps there are options for that locally!

But it is on the costco online and super low :effort: for having to call around etc :haw:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I'm debating getting the Citi Costco card and have a weird question. I'm currently splitting a membership with my sister, would I need to get my own membership and then apply for the card then? Also, how does the card compare to others? I don't really travel, just want to start using a cashback card

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

bagmonkey posted:

So I'm debating getting the Citi Costco card and have a weird question. I'm currently splitting a membership with my sister, would I need to get my own membership and then apply for the card then? Also, how does the card compare to others? I don't really travel, just want to start using a cashback card

It doubles as your costco card, so there's that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

priznat posted:

That’s an option too but I like how the co one comes in a giant cube bag. I have gotten landscaping delivery here too but it was just dumped into a pile on the driveway and was fine but less contained. Perhaps there are options for that locally!

But it is on the costco online and super low :effort: for having to call around etc :haw:

You can also rent a truck at home depot and get the mulch put there at the landscape yard. Then you can drive as close to the beds as you dare and shovel it easily.

bagmonkey posted:

I had to put in my wife's membership number to get my card so it might be a long term pain for you to set it up on that joint account depending on who signed up.

I like the card for the 2,3and 4% categories. The common complaint is you only get the cash back once a year. I kind of like because then it's concentrated as a huge payment.

Combined with the exec card I like feeling that I'm getting a 4% discount at Costco.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

I had to put in my wife's membership number to get my card so it might be a long term pain for you to set it up on that joint account depending on who signed up.

I like the card for the 2,3and 4% categories. The common complaint is you only get the cash back once a year. I kind of like because then it's concentrated as a huge payment.

Combined with the exec card I like feeling that I'm getting a 4% discount at Costco.

Okay, that helps a lot. I'll probably sign up for my own executive membership and then apply for the card. I'm aiming to get a chest freezer some time this year and then the REAL Costco adventures will really begin.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hey I trust the savvy shoppers here more than anywhere. What are the like two or three credit cards I should get and use?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

poisonpill posted:

Hey I trust the savvy shoppers here more than anywhere. What are the like two or three credit cards I should get and use?

there's a credit card thread in BFC.

if you have the credit for it, the citi double rewards is the all-around best cash back card, effectively 2% on everything. BoA customizable rewards card gives you 3% back on a category of your choice (and online shopping is an obvious choice).

Beyond that you should be looking at what types of things you spend money on. The Chase Amazon Prime card gives you 5% back at Amazon, lots of them do good rewards on travel because that's generally not a category people utilize much, sometimes grocery or restaurants.

The Costco card has good gas rewards (4%) and restaurant rewards (3%) but the actual rewards at Costco are mediocre (2%), and you only get paid at the end of the calendar year, vs getting rewards monthly. The extended warranty is a good benefit though and something that a lot of other cards have removed.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Nerdwallet has a great CC section, check it out

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My spouse and I joined up today only because I thought the membership fees were monthly, not annual :v

The booze savings alone are great, I'm glad to be in.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

NewFatMike posted:

My spouse and I joined up today only because I thought the membership fees were monthly, not annual :v

The booze savings alone are great, I'm glad to be in.

Tithe what you can afford my child.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Winter Rose posted:

I don't know anything about computers but I do know that the extra long warranty has saved my rear end more than once. I think using the Costco card adds even more years to the warranty?

Correct, PCs are 2 year from Costco + 2 year if you use their Citi card. This includes Apple products as well.
https://www.costco.com/concierge-two-plus-two-warranty.html

The Sony TV I bought from Costco has a 7 year warranty (5yr Sony + 2yr Costco Citi)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There was a lady at Costco today with a sombrero trying to get people in the checkout lines to buy churros from the food court.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Well that's just not necessary

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

number 1 snake fan posted:

Well that's just not necessary

Yeah no kidding those things sell them selves.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Maybe she didn't work there. Maybe she was just a fan.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
No churros at my local ‘Co today. But they’ve got the new self-checkout lines in.

I’m not a fan per se, but they let me sail through with my big bag o’ limes with no waiting.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hit Costco on the way home today. Got drinks, olives, a rotisserie chiggen, and a thing of 4 blocks of feta in brine. So good.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ooooo it is payday and I already paid my bills for the month. I think I know just the place to hit up after work....

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Thwomp posted:

No churros at my local ‘Co today. But they’ve got the new self-checkout lines in.

I’m not a fan per se, but they let me sail through with my big bag o’ limes with no waiting.

It's insane they don't use scanner guns, at least at my Costco.

Yeah, lemme just drag this heavy rear end bag of cat litter across the scanner. Or a kayak.

Home Depot's self checkout system is top tier

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The self checkout at Costco not having scanner guns is really ridiculous, so much so I asked the person why, because it's a very inefficient waste of time. They said it was intentional, they want an employee interaction at self checkout for some reason. Probably to push Executive Memberships. Usually the employee will come over and scan the barcode on the top of the self checkout register, and then use their scanner to scan all the large items in the cart like cat litter and water softener salt and stuff.

I still don't understand it though, they check the receipt at the door on the way out. Unloading my cart at self checkout and then loading again is a huge waste of time.

I know it's Blasphemy, but Sam's Club is way closer to our house, and we use their mobile checkout and it's freaking awesome. We only make it to the 'Co once a month or so now for things we can't get at Sams. Costco should definitely setup mobile checkout in their app.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Where is the amazon style just cart whatever out the door and get charged automagically, costco!!?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Our self checkout is staffed with someone scanning everything in the cart.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Our self-checkout has scanners at every station, tucked behind the screens. The employee working it normally points it out for our use. Self check out takes the church experience to the next level.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

toplitzin posted:

Our self checkout is staffed with someone scanning everything in the cart.
Uh....so it's not self checkout?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

skipdogg posted:

The self checkout at Costco not having scanner guns is really ridiculous, so much so I asked the person why, because it's a very inefficient waste of time. They said it was intentional, they want an employee interaction at self checkout for some reason. Probably to push Executive Memberships.

Those mother fuckers

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Monthly reminder that the Kirkland white and black undershirts are amazing and 1000% worth the price.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Monthly reminder that the Kirkland white and black undershirts are amazing and 1000% worth the price.

I want them to make V necks but other then that yeah.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

stealie72 posted:

Uh....so it's not self checkout?

All the Costcos near me have all the self checkout stations manned by an employee, I like this 'cause it's super quick, way quicker than people checking out themselves. And if I ever have a cart filled to the max, there's hardly anyone at the main checkout lines. It owns.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Kirkland V neck undershirts would be amazing. The Calvin Klein V necks are great but overpriced. But the best non V neck option is 32 degrees. Everything that company makes is good, especially the boxer briefs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Kirkland V neck undershirts would be amazing. The Calvin Klein V necks are great but overpriced. But the best non V neck option is 32 degrees. Everything that company makes is good, especially the boxer briefs.

Yeah their BB are legit.

Only the mesh ones though. I bought another kind and they bunch up too much.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

priznat posted:

Are you talking about this mulch?
https://www.costco.com/megamulch-expanding-coconut-coir%2c-2-pack.product.100365369.html

I saw this at my local Costco yesterday, I suppose you could buy one bag and see how it works out for you before you commit to a bunch of bags

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Made my first booze purchase, and a handle of Dewar's 12 for $30 is sick. The unbridled hedonism of it all.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

poisonpill posted:

- Costco card
- All of the stores you shop at if the card gives you 5% discount or cash back at that store (Amazon, Target, Lowes, etc)
- A spreadsheet to manage all of your cards and payments

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
The chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars that are kirkland I think and like 18 for 9 bucks are criminally good and cheap
DAMMIT

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

LG C1 when

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i love costco

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hell Yeah posted:

i love costco

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tricky Ed posted:

LG G1 when