Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I liked it, final high spot after the match could've looked better. Nowhere near as bad as the Revolution explosions. I think as a moment for MJF it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, are you nerds actually complaining about that finish? :laffo:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

we're prepared to die in this match

*gets threatened with death*

we surrender!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really enjoyed it and loved the ending. Reminded me of the triple cage match from WCW

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Cool finish. Bump wasn't too bad wouldn't have done a close up of the landing.

Yeah, I like the idea of us seeing MJF push Jericho off then the sound of the crash.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

next freakin week!!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also AEW should lean more into lying about endings like this and the bomb.

*Miro slams Darby, nothing happens*

A HUNDRED LIONS ARE TEARING DARBY ALLIN LIMB FROM LIMB!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

how was it a rash decision???

Heat of the moment ala "we'll go first and give you the man advantage". "Rash" might not have been the right word.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Blood and Guts was underwhelming

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If they put the whole thing on Youtube I'm totally going to revisit it, because the picture in picture made it a bit harder to follow.

Also, no Daniel Bryan, which means it's time to begin my long toxx vigil.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

😭 Why didn't they win with their move???

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i personally don't mind the ending because jericho taking that bump onto the ramp would have been deeply stupid, but it does crack me up that once again AEW is going to suffer from ending a great match in a disappointing way

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah for real yall sound lame. That ending was good. I'm sorry they didn't go through concrete.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It was a pretty good match, but I've definitely liked a couple of the NXT War Games matches better than it.

I do worry that it's beginning to become a trend that AEW fumbles the ball a lot on the finished of these big gimmick matches.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The bump owned everything owned and you are dork nerd if you disagree

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I enjoyed watching the second best cage match of May 5th, 2021.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dracula vladdy AF posted:

that was rad I don't get the complaints at all

People are annoyed that AEW continues to show it's forgetting some of the smaller details in gimmicking stuff. Spotty camera switches, bad angles, forgetting that the underside of the crash pad isn't colored to disguise it if it pops up.

I get the frustration, but it didn't ruin the match for me like the explosions did.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The 50 year old man should have shoot bumped onto concrete

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i love watching aew every week, i can’t wait for next week

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I liked the match a lot outside of the poorly timed commercial breaks and the last ambling 10 minutes. Also why did Spears tap to an ankle lock but not being strangled on the cage, it was a fun watch either way.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
WHERE WERE THE GUTS! -5 stars

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Le Saboteur posted:

It was a pretty good match, but I've definitely liked a couple of the NXT War Games matches better than it.

I do worry that it's beginning to become a trend that AEW fumbles the ball a lot on the finished of these big gimmick matches.

Yeah that Cody moonsault off the cage into Wardlow in the last cage match was pathetic.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I liked the finish a lot!

but lol that it looked like Jericho was having a nap on a bean bag

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

how dare chris jericho for not splattering like a cantaloupe on cement minus 5 stars

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i mean if this was 1995 ECW he'd have tumbled back off the cage through 2 particle board tables onto concrete and then died of a pain killer OD circa 2004 so crashpad is fine

it could have used some better set dressing though, glossy spray paint and aluminum tape can go far!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They just should have painted both sides of the cardboard. I have no problem with a crash pad. Didn't ruin the match or anything though

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
A solid B+ match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it hurts a lot more to get your ankle twisted wrong than to get choked out. dont try it i just know

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

Mmhm, Parking Lot Brawl, Arcade Anarchy. Really face planted at the finish line in those.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Lol Jericho fell onto a cardboard crash pad while the announcers cried he'd broken his back. It looked bad. It didn't need to look bad. It looked fake. It didn't need to look fake. Dumb as hell

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

If Matt Hardy can fall straight onto concrete and bust his head open why can't Jericho the people are asking

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

flatluigi posted:

mjf should've shoved jericho off the top immediately after the surrender was confirmed, but i liked the ending fine

you're probably right, they did milk it a bit

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
He might as well have landed on a pile of teddy bears and they play a squeaky toy sound.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Heat of the moment ala "we'll go first and give you the man advantage". "Rash" might not have been the right word.

the 'we'll go first thing' was def heat of the moment but I wouldn't call this heat of the moment. He surrendered because he thought mjf was totally capable of throwing jericho off the cage and then it was shown he was right.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Shane McMahon lands on crash pads 1000x more obvious and people legit go "he's still got it :shuckyes:" lmao

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Crash pads work better when you put some wood chips and poo poo like that under it to both add to the padding and create a more realistic boom upon impact

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Me, an idiot: Lol MJF is a bloody preening psychopath on top of a cage, this rules
Wrestling experts: The stunt was a big fake. What the gently caress

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly the fall seemed dangerous to me because of how far back he went. His head was pretty close to the edge of that pad.

Also this was a match that really justifies Fite. I wouldn’t have enjoyed it nearly as much with PiP.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Commercials making that 4 separate and unrelated matches really killed it, particularly with Jericho and MJF teleporting to the top of the cage and weirdly having a singles match for 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

They honestly needed a different angle to hide the pads and rubber a bit, but it was fine.