Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smarxist posted:

i want some comedy promos from Jericho in traction with big movie casts on all his limbs

I'm going to be disappointed when it's anything other than this now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me = correct, smart, handsome, everyone's favorite poster.
You = A good friend of mine and happy to be here.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I do love Tony not even attempting to hide his contempt for MJF

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Alan_Shore posted:

Are you number one

I was looking forward to each member of the team surrendering/submitting and whittling each team down, that would have been cool. Instead FTR were basically forgotten about and the match just... ended in a fart in my opinion

That’s not how these matches work hahahaha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Are you number one

I was looking forward to each member of the team surrendering/submitting and whittling each team down, that would have been cool. Instead FTR were basically forgotten about and the match just... ended in a fart in my opinion

guy put off by his own faulty brain not being able to comprehend the rules insults me

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

next week on Dynamite Tony Khan is going to force Jericho to do all of Darby's stunts

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Everything that wasn't the horrible placement of the commercials in the second half and the cardboard steel plating was rad as hell and amazing.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

little munchkin posted:

i think a good compromise they should have done would be to still use the crash pad but put real steel plates on top of it

ah yes, the brett hart trick

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Perhaps everyone let MJF and Jericho climb to the top because they have a fear of heights,

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

I think it can be argued that as many folks on these forums have some issues with suspending belief. I'm not talking about the critiques on how to make it look better. I'm talking about the ones who are saying the match was just straight up bad or the ending ruined a good match. That's hyperbole.

You get those cowards

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the ending did a good job of getting mjf over as an irredeemable piece of poo poo with zero honor

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

I do love Tony not even attempting to hide his contempt for MJF

"I wish someone would throw him off of the cage head first" god drat Tony.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

guy put off by his own faulty brain not being able to comprehend the rules insults me

he's really pissed off lmao. what i would give to trip him in the mud

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oil! posted:

They got out in a logical fashion that led to the finish, which is better than any other time in recent history.
How did they get out, anyway? It happened during a commercial on my feed and we just came back with them randomly on top of the locked cage.

I think if you're going to do top of the cage spots, don't do it in a match that's sold on there being no escape. It's not quite false advertising, but it isn't far off.

It kills the gimmick dead.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think there should be... more commercials:evilbuddy:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

smarxist posted:

i want some comedy promos from Jericho in traction with big movie casts on all his limbs

I swear if they do that Talladega Nights bit ...

Sammy: Doctor, will Chris ever be able to walk again?
Doctor: Oh, there's nothing wrong with him.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

Everything that wasn't the horrible placement of the commercials in the second half and the cardboard steel plating was rad as hell and amazing.

can everyone who made fun of me for wanting more ppvs instead of tv specials now apologize tia

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

Are you number one

war games arent elimination matches

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

i mean when you throw some emo pale goth daddy down a flight of steps at 8:45 you're setting a certain bar

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TV Zombie posted:

Perhaps everyone let MJF and Jericho climb to the top because they have a fear of heights,

at least by the ending one or two people were halfway up the cage trying to stop them, i guess it just took them a bit to get out of the cage

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Are you number one

Don't you dare come after Cav. They are beloved

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If they had some member from the Pinnacle run out of the cage and pin Jericho at the end I feel that would have satisfied most of us having an issue. Sammy and co could have been blocked by Wardlow keeping everyone in.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

How did they get out, anyway? It happened during a commercial on my feed and we just came back with them randomly on top of the locked cage.

I think if you're going to do top of the cage spots, don't do it in a match that's sold on there being no escape. It's not quite false advertising, but it isn't far off.

Tully pushed a ref down and stole the key.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

it wasn't sold on no escape. tully attacked a ref and used the key. it's blood and guts, there is no precedence for what is supposed to happen or not. stop thinking aew is 80s NWA, it's not

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I think there should be... more commercials:evilbuddy:

yup

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
what you all don't realize is that the mattress jericho fell on to was NOT calibrated to his sleep number so it provided ZERO lumbar support.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

LividLiquid posted:

Tully opened the cage

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I acnt wait for sammy to get his revenge on mjf for throwing his mentor off a cage after saying he wouldnt!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blaise330 posted:

"I wish someone would throw him off of the cage head first" god drat Tony.

he also called him a piece of poo poo unbleeped which was hilarious

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

If the Inner Circle were selling more right before the cage climb it could've made more sense that it took them forever to get up there, but they were basically dominating and moving around fine.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The match was excellent up until The Inner Circle had all five of The Pinnacle down and the match just kind of kept going with no real change. This is just my opinion, and its that I could tell the match had peaked and needed to wrap it up but they still had another 10 or 15 minutes left. Like the reason I was saying "we need a twist" is because the match needed a new element at that moment to re-ignite the fire and a comeback and it just never really happened - Tully opened the door and MJF and Jericho got on top but the rest of the guys were just doing nothing.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Shard posted:

Don't you dare come after Cav. They are beloved

I'M GONNA THROW THEM OFF THE TOP OF THE FORUMS

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they basically have to put jericho in a tag team with eddie kingston to salvage that ending

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

smarxist posted:

If we get back classic Inner Circle comedy skits, those pads will have all been worth it.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I'm fact, the only part I couldn't get into because of how fake it was was the fact Tully wore an immaculate, pristine white suit and it wasn't soaking red as they faded to The Accountant

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lid posted:

The match was excellent up until The Inner Circle had all five of The Pinnacle down and the match just kind of kept going with no real change. This is just my opinion, and its that I could tell the match had peaked and needed to wrap it up but they still had another 10 or 15 minutes left. Like the reason I was saying "we need a twist" is because the match needed a new element at that moment to re-ignite the fire and a comeback and it just never really happened - Tully opened the door and MJF and Jericho got on top but the rest of the guys were just doing nothing.

I wonder if there were some timing issues with the match. There was no referee in the ring, that might make it difficult.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

yea ok posted:

he's really pissed off lmao. what i would give to trip him in the mud

Please no!

I'm not even pissed off lmao, I thought the match was great, just thought the cardboard flop sucked. You could tell the crowd thought so too, because it just... ended and there was barely a reaction

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they basically have to put jericho in a tag team with eddie kingston to salvage that ending

Somewhere Eddie Kingston is sighing heavily and putting on his rosary beads

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lid posted:

Hager almost breaking his ankle twice tripping over the ring mat was the most danger the inner circle was in for the last 15 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Sammy surrendering didn't make sense and was really lame.