Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tonight I cooked a meal for my kids I'm not ashamed of. I used veges. I cut them and cooked them a bit. and some beef. and some rice. satay sauce. they ate it all.

life is not as poo poo now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

tonight I cooked a meal for my kids I'm not ashamed of. I used veges. I cut them and cooked them a bit. and some beef. and some rice. satay sauce. they ate it all.

life is not as poo poo now

nice and simple

solid weeknight meal

4/5 stars would eat

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

what you mean?

echinopsis posted:

maybe one day i’ll be able to get my attitude to embrace the reality that most of life is doing poo poo you just have to.

i figured having kids would be enough to beat this into you lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i eat two types of eggs

* nice crispy fried eggs when i pull out the nonstick skillet
* "ugly eggs" when i throw them in cast iron and the yolks break and i say "gently caress it" and dump in a handful of shredded cheddar from a bag and dump it all on a plate

former good with soy sauce, latter great with sambal oelek

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i have a cast iron stomach most of the time but for some reason mixing spicy with eggs fucks me up every time

the flavor is good as hell but it makes my digestive system go nuts for the rest of the day if i eat it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Cat Face Joe posted:

didn't you make a beef wellington fairly recently

lol if you think I remember anything for more than 3 days

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have made decent beef roasts and one time I made chicken breast en papellot or whatever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

thinking about cooking is hard work though. I can manage stir fry

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

if i had gas burners id have stirfry every day

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

if i had gas burners id have stirfry every day

I have an electric stove and I make okay stir fry. You just can't make it in big quantities.

https://www.seriouseats.com/ask-the-food-lab-can-i-stir-fry-on-an-electric-cooktop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

i figured having kids would be enough to beat this into you lol

it’s one thing to live it? another to step back and think about it

i’ve been thinking lately about how what i want or don’t want is really irrelevant and yet i let it guide me all the time.

the part of brain that wants things can get hosed! wish the smart part of brain that knows what i should be doing could take over.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have an electric stove and I make okay stir fry. You just can't make it in big quantities.

https://www.seriouseats.com/ask-the-food-lab-can-i-stir-fry-on-an-electric-cooktop

yeah outside of direct charring over flame (and honestly even then...) there's really nothing you can't do on electric that you can on gas. cooking techniques may need to be modified but no real dishes are outright impossible. wok cooking is tricky but again, the wok is great because it's versatile not so much because it enables the creation of things that can't be done in any other fashion

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

induction is the real mvp

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

just take the anti depressants echi

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i made this for lunch yesterday. it was very good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cool people are lotus eaters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

just take the anti depressants echi

nah my anti depressant is learning things I should have 20 years ago, out loud, on this forum

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i made this for lunch yesterday. it was very good

that looks great

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

nah my anti depressant is learning things I should have 20 years ago, out loud, on this forum

you sure this is effective self medication?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage posted:

that looks great

it’s called 麻辣香锅 and pretty easy to make at home if you buy one of the premade spice packs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

you sure this is effective self medication?

only for me, not for you or anyone else that ends up damaging their retinal nerve from rolling their eyes so hard at my posts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good status : shin ramyum noods

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im eating a delightful aged cheddar and it's got just a hint of those crunchy crystals in it that good parmesean does and mmm drat this is good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

im eating a delightful aged cheddar and it's got just a hint of those crunchy crystals in it that good parmesean does and mmm drat this is good

i havent had a good cheese in a while

i mean i got babybels but

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

i havent had a good cheese in a while

i mean i got babybels but

one of lifes simple pleasures is a small block of Quality parmesean cheese and a decent bottle of zinfandel or malbec

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

heck yea

there’s a place near here that regularly makes and sells a fifteen year cheddar

it’s wonderful

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I made pasta with vodka sauce and chicken for dinner. it was good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm gonna make agedashi tofu soon, I got a big bag of fish powder at costco

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i made deviled eggs today

garnished with old bay, sliced erjingtao in simple syrup and a couple drops of tapatio

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stringent posted:

garnished with old bay

hmmmmmmmmmm

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i like old bay :colbert:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

all this food looks good ops. keep it up.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

made this for dinner. bless you meal kits

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

looks great. enjoy.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I need yospos' help, my immersion circulator is broken because my temp probe is hosed:

On the right, it's a pt100 that I've cut off and adapted to a 3.5mm TRS--only after a decade it's started fluctuating wildly in temp. I unwrapped the heat shrink and there's nothing obviously wrong with the wires.

Perfect would be re-ordering another Pt100 like that but the Amazon seller is long gone and I can't find any pt100s that are in a tube like that. Any ideas for how I can find one, or get a new one and ship in a bottle it back in the tube?

The probe is submerged in the water part so I'd prefer it to be in a waterproof tube like that, I just can't find anything like that any more.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Hed posted:

I need yospos' help, my immersion circulator is broken because my temp probe is hosed:

On the right, it's a pt100 that I've cut off and adapted to a 3.5mm TRS--only after a decade it's started fluctuating wildly in temp. I unwrapped the heat shrink and there's nothing obviously wrong with the wires.

Perfect would be re-ordering another Pt100 like that but the Amazon seller is long gone and I can't find any pt100s that are in a tube like that. Any ideas for how I can find one, or get a new one and ship in a bottle it back in the tube?

The probe is submerged in the water part so I'd prefer it to be in a waterproof tube like that, I just can't find anything like that any more.

your probe doesn't really look any different from the multitude available on amazon, with one exception - there appears to be a collar over the holder nut, or where a nut is on other probes. there are already tons of stainless steel probes available. here's one example (there are cheaper and more expensive versions, i picked this at random):

https://amzn.to/3tmucqU

of note for this probe in specific:

review posted:

The securing nut is NOT stainless steel and if you plan to immerse this in water it will have to be replaced. Other than that everything looks alright and it is well built.

but honestly something like that would be fine, and if you were really concerned with the nut assembly beyond replacing it you could cover that section in a bit of shrink wrap.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stringent posted:

i like old bay :colbert:

yeah it was a 'hmmm, i gotta try that'

i always just use paprika

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
curry powder > paprika for deviled eggs.

and i love paprika

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

curry powder, huh. i should try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
stolen, unabashedly