Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Collateral posted:

How do I get Google assistant and bixby to gently caress off and die forever. ffs

Ask them.

I once asked my phone's personal assistant tell me a joke about spiders and it couldn't :(

I thought I'd succesfully turned it off and jokingly asked my phone if the personal assistant was off, and the lying thing said 'yes'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
just googling lumps to set my mind at rest

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i want to move to newbury as part of my plan to move closer to winchester because i loved living there

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whats stopping you?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Winchester is bloody expensive.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

whats stopping you?

The_Doctor posted:

Winchester is bloody expensive.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah, Winchester is lovely but hella expensive. Even the "lovely" bits aren't that bad. Must like hills though, because those old-timey numpties thought it would be more important to defend their settlements rather than be convenient. :rolleyes:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

all i can think of when i hear winchester is shaun of the dead

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Must like hills though, because those old-timey numpties thought it would be more important to defend their settlements rather than be convenient. :rolleyes:
i tell you what though it keeps you fit

ive gone to poo poo since moving out to the flatlands

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My experience of growing up in the Peak District can be summed up by me age 12 desperately cycling up a hill that looks like / for a mile on a mountain bike and having some dickhead on a road bike going “oh you are so lucky to live here I’d love to do this whenever I like” and me screaming back “gently caress off I’m going to school I got no choice”

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

awful nights sleep

dreamt an organised group of like rich urban elites banned from having parties due to covid, burst into an amalgam of my student house shares holding me hostage, partying wildly as though they were on some sort of cultural safari and force feeding my housemates shots before suddenly all leaving out the back to go on to another venue to presumably do the same to someone else.

then another set of people came to repair all the damage they'd done

a covid home invasion party

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My dad went to boarding school in Winchester

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Move to Basingstoke, then you can go to Winchester on the train whenever you like.

You would be living in Basingstoke, tho.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Go to the cheaper nearby -Chester, Chichester.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I hate my joints, which coastal city/town should I live? Don't say Kent, it's technically London.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brighton? But it’s basically commuter belt for London and just as expensive.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Port Isaac

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Brighton? But it’s basically commuter belt for London and just as expensive.

That's a good option, I like Brighton but, like you said, the prices for rent /buying a house (lol, as if) appears to be on par with London and I think eventually (?) I'll get tired of "That's £5.6 for a pint of lager, thank you!" lifestyle.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hope everyone is hype for some hot voting action. Remember that using egg to spoil your ballot counts as a vote for Labour

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I've never bothered with a mayoral vote before but I'm doing it this time cos I want to see the weirdo independents like lawrence fox get dunked on

On that note do you think jeremy corbyn gets tired of his brothers antics

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Sudden Javelin posted:

hope everyone is hype for some hot voting action. Remember that using egg to spoil your ballot counts as a vote for Labour

gets me out of the house

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

el dingo posted:

I've never bothered with a mayoral vote before but I'm doing it this time cos I want to see the weirdo independents like lawrence fox get dunked on

On that note do you think jeremy corbyn gets tired of his brothers antics

every family is obligated by the laws of nature to have a piers imo

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

Does that mean I will be finally free of being harassed by the ads from Brian Rose and other rando independents? :unsmith:

I can't even vote yet, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME BRIAN???!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My boss just resigned which is great cuz it's p much 100% guaranteed the guy they bring in is going to be a massive oval office and there'll be a mass exodus of all the cool and good ppl who work here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's tough being self-employed

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

fridge corn posted:

My boss just resigned which is great cuz it's p much 100% guaranteed the guy they bring in is going to be a massive oval office and there'll be a mass exodus of all the cool and good ppl who work here

so you'll be sticking around then?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I forgot about the voting thing

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Laptop is alive! and that invoice finally done

Doing some job applications, and it's got a stupid 'copy your CV into this restrictedly formatted application form and your cover letter into these questionnaires' one, and thinking of finding a canyon to scream into

It requires a password to edit the layout of the page to extend the box for my phone number, which is more than 8 digits long

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
you get a free pencil

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

It requires a password to edit the layout of the page to extend the box for my phone number, which is more than 8 digits long

:confused: But, they're all over eight digits.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I know! You can type 8 digits then the box doesn't expand you it won't let you type more. You can't change the font size or resize the box without it telling asking for a password.

I'm assuming its a Men in Black style 'secret' test, and I'll just email them asking for a non-poo poo version of the form

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have to go vote and the only pen my kids haven’t stolen is a novelty purple biro

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

They give you a pen

I have to go hand in my postal vote because I procrastinated too long, because all of the candidates are awful

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No you have to take in your own pen or pencil.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Election Special Offer

So, to keep people’s spirits up as we enjoy the horrifically depressing sight of today’s elections, I’ve launched a special offer valid until tomorrow.

Spend £15, get free shipping on all fudge. Simple as. Even if you order enough to sink a poorly armed Royal Navy gunboat off the shore of Jersey!

Simply use the code fuckkeithandeatfudge at checkout at https://www.fudjit.co.uk and reflect that no matter how grim things may look tomorrow, you’ll have a pile of sugary goodness to see you through it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

there's elections?!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have the most amazing petty emails about them from the one dude who runs the local cycling group. I think he might be the entire group and everyone else just pays £2 so they can read his funny ranting.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
it's my birthday today :toot:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I have the most amazing petty emails about them from the one dude who runs the local cycling group. I think he might be the entire group and everyone else just pays £2 so they can read his funny ranting.

Post the rant! Or at least tell what was the rant about. Give me that juicy local group dramz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

it's my birthday today :toot:

Happy birthday Meat Wag! Is it a fun one planned?