Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

ilmucche posted:

I can't join the discord

try again, should be fixed (I didn't know the invites expired and just copied the one from the last game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Check out the mason roles in the in process 2nd post for your reward.

I love it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

MOCK DRAFT

Mock Draft Contest to make it simpler (second number is tiebreaker).

A: 1,1
B: 1,4
C: 1,1
D: 3,7
E: 5,9
F: 5,2
G: 7,1
H: 2,4
I: 2,7
J: 9,8
K: 6,9
L: 6,7
M: 5,6

Final Draft Order:

1. D (3,7) (one person picked the number)
2. G (7,1)
3. J (9,8)
4. H (2,4) (two people picked the number)
5. I (2,7)
6. L (6,7)
7. K (6,9)
8. B (1,4) (three people pick the number)
9. C (1,1 wins dice roll)
10. A (1,1 loses dice roll)
11. F (5,2)
12. M (5,6)
13. E (5,9)

Simple, right?

.random
May 7, 2007

Ok I’m still not convinced but I’m assuming that I would say “unconfirmed mason” as a role and there are 5 available, not that I need to say “I want to be unconfirmed mason C; unconfirmed mason D and E are available but someone already took C so my role is taken :(,” right?

Does this question make sense? Letters?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'll be co-mod 6 if it means I can just setup the spectator stuff instead of continuously poking you to do it. Easier than trying to write a goonproof guide and I will be wanting to spectate again.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So you get to try and pick 2 roles and if you get neither then you're vanilla

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

.random posted:

Ok I’m still not convinced but I’m assuming that I would say “unconfirmed mason” as a role and there are 5 available, not that I need to say “I want to be unconfirmed mason C; unconfirmed mason D and E are available but someone already took C so my role is taken :(,” right?

Does this question make sense? Letters?

No, you need to pick "Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason A" or "Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason C". If someone else picks that role, you don't get it. You only get to talk if someone else also gets one of the other roles. If three people pick "Grandi-SiV Memorial Mason A" then there will be one mason who is only talking to the co-mods.

ilmucche posted:

So you get to try and pick 2 roles and if you get neither then you're vanilla

Correct. Usually you only get to pick one role, the secondary draft is something special for this game (and maybe should become a permanent fixture in these games).

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you want a role, you gotta stake your claim loudly. Say you are taking mason D or whatever and hope that is enough to push people off of it.
That's what SiV and I did last game, even though I was last in the draft order, I got the mason because SiV and I called it.
With 5 masons it should be easier to do.

It might be harder to push someone off of a vig than a mason, but its always worth a try.

Declaring you are taking 1,1 is another good gambit. If people believe you, they are less likely to take 1,1 because it is less valuable the more people who have it, but it's still 1,1 and if someone else doesn't go for it then you are first pick. A fun game of chicken.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I want to be a mason, I will be Mason E. No one take it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I want to be mason C

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll be mystery role b, if no one else wants it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I will be the toxic vig that gotham city needs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quote:

Pander Rule: Do NOT quote or share your role PM, or any part of it, with anyone, whether in the thread or not. If you are allowed to share your role PM, your role will explicitly specify as such. Scum are allowed to share their roles with scumbuddies.

Does this mean you can't claim in this game?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It means you can’t claim mucche

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I'm going to claim mystery role C, or am I??!!?!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

It means you can’t claim mucche

Good to know, I hate claiming.

Just throwing it out there, day 1 will be votin' sandwolf then probably an OMGUS.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I just read the OP and I have no idea how half of this works. It's like playing in one of my own games!

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

Hello yes I am here

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

merk and I claim faulty vig A and B and promise to shoot each other as soon as Day 1 begins.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ilmucche posted:

Does this mean you can't claim in this game?

Congrats ilmucche you will now be added to the copy and paste rules as an addendum to the pander rule.

You can claim or quote your role name and anything that is in the OPs as public knowledge.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Am I not allowed to claim town? What kind of game is this?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Congrats dy. We are getting rid of the pander rule and the ilmucche addendum I haven’t even had time to add yet. I don’t remember why the pander rule came in but it’s gone. In its place will be the dy/ilmucche catchall: any attempt to break the game through rule technicalities will be subject to praise or modkill depending on my mood.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hey y’all, been a while but I’ll play!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Hey y’all, been a while but I’ll play!

Eyyy!!!!

.random
May 7, 2007

Wtf TWO sand-players? Sand-players have an unfair Masonic relationship as they can communicate through the harsh desert winds!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RANDOM’S ONTO US SNG, SCATTER

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

We of the sand guild don’t stoop to such petty tricks as the desert winds. We feel it in the grains

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ilmucche posted:

I can't join the discord

I fixed the issue. Please ignore

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.random posted:

Wtf TWO sand-players? Sand-players have an unfair Masonic relationship as they can communicate through the harsh desert winds!

Ahem

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The full sand gang rises from the dunes once more!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Going to cap at 17. If we aren’t there by sometime in the morning (pacific time) we will just role with what we have.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m picking 1,1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I’m picking 1,1.

Just to hammer this home. Here is a link to Voodoofly's last role draft. As you can see, I chose 1,1. I am going to do it again.

You may also choose 1,1 if you would like a higher chance of being Vanilla because we both fall down the role draft. It does not bother me either way.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

Just to hammer this home. Here is a link to Voodoofly's last role draft. As you can see, I chose 1,1. I am going to do it again.

You may also choose 1,1 if you would like a higher chance of being Vanilla because we both fall down the role draft. It does not bother me either way.

I am picking it too merk. Should be fun to see how many people will pick it. I hope it's 5+.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Grandicap posted:

I am picking it too merk. Should be fun to see how many people will pick it. I hope it's 5+.

I will also be 1, 1. Cheers!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

Merk metagaming already

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Merk metagaming already

Bizzaro-merk, you're going with 1,1 too?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

Bizzaro-merk, you're going with 1,1 too?

6,9 obviously

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ah, but you see, in all recorded WIFOA games, I have selected 1,1 every time.

Example 1:

merk posted:

If you choose (1,1), then you will not be high in the draft. That is what I chose.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3371390&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post385408033

Grandicap posted:

I can't believe that merk's posturing worked.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3371390&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post385439398

Example 2:

fits posted:

DRAFT ORDER
1. Fronz 4,1
2. Valley 6,3
3. merk 1,1 (won)
4. sc4rs 1,1 (lost)
5. raven 3,1
6. fat 3,2
7. dominion 3,3
8. scribe 3,4
9. chili 3,6
10. Sophia 2,1 (won)
11. Ninth 2,1 (lost)
12. just 2,2 (won)
13. waar 2,2 (lost)
14. soru 2,5 (won)
15. ipa 2,5 (lost)

Role list and alignments will go out shortly but this is just so you can see where you stand.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295655&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post375838592

Example 3:

Voodoofly posted:

Alright Science is going to take Mags spot. Mags, if you decide you have time for the game I'll hit you up first as a replacement, and if you want to observe just let me know.

DRAFT ORDER FOR ROLE DRAFT IS BELOW!!!

1. ObamaAkbar 4.1
  2. B-minus 5,6
  3. merk 1,1 (RNG was 2-1)
  4. Keane 1,1 (RNG was 2-1)
  5. Science 10,2
  6. Mr. Steak 10,10
  7. Sandwolf 3,2
  8. SiV 3,5
  9. Spoonsy 3,8
  10. CPig 2,8
  11. RF 2,3 (RNG was 2-3-1)
  12. Toalp 2,3 (RNG was 2-3-1)
  13. Grandi 2,3 (RNG was 2-3-1)

As you can see, I had to resort to the RNG twice, where I just generated a sequence and went off your alphabetical player list in OP.

2,3 for the loss!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959713#post512693168

FAKE Example 4 (GAME WHERE I REPLACED AND DID NOT MAKE THE PICK):

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Player Draft Order:
1. Opopanax 5, 7
2. Dexanth 6, 4
3. BiznatchMcFiznach 10, 15
4. Heatwizard bowmore 12, 2
5. Juanito 1, 1 Double picks
6. Control Volume 1, 3
7. winvirus 8, 3
8. TheRagamuffin 8, 6
9. merk 3, 2 Triple picks (wins dice roll)
10. yuming 3, 2 (second in dice roll)
11. Barehanded Brother 3, 2 (looses dice roll)
12. The Betrayer 2, 5 Quadruple picks
13. busb 2, 1 (wins dice roll)
14. Hal Incandenza 2, 1 (second in dice roll)
15. ARACHNOTRON 2, 1 (looses dice roll)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3525726#post411073334

As displayed above, I always pick 1,1. Mess with me at your own peril.

Good hunting.

merk fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I fully expect you to go 1,1. I am aware that it is unlikely a bluff. I have never gone 1,1, but now I want to see 1,1 critical mass. The whole game picking 1,1 would make me so very happy.
I am picking 1,1. If this makes us low in the draft order, then so be it.
Let the social experiment begin.

Only read this bit if you are merk
If you swerve off and don't pick 1,1 I will be very disappointed in you.