Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sarujin_nz posted:

Second largest fast food burger chain here in Australia, a quality 'ham'burger.

Just depraved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sarujin_nz posted:

I ate one of these last week. It was unimpressive. They're literally microwaved, but on such a low setting that the cheese isn't melted.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Nice intact ropes of ???

Dunno what the green stuff is but maybe the white stuff is requejão?

I miss burger stands in Brasil so much. :smith:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

sarujin_nz posted:

It's so bizarre how anemic and tiny this thing looks, especially when you consider how this is a promotional photograph. Most of the other garbage posted in this thread at least seems to look like it was made by a generous, albeit misguided, chef. This thing looks like a sandwich my mom would make for me in grade school after realizing we're out of almost everything but there's no time to run to the store.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
It actually was surprisingly edible (if rather bland as the mayo overpowered everything), but I think the thread might appreciate what our cafeteria did today:

Hot Dog "Hawaii" with pineapple, spiced cherry tomatoes, cheese and garlic/jalapeno mayo.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Steakhouse Pomme would probably work as a forum name

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

laserghost posted:

Steakhouse Pomme would probably work as a forum name

:eng101: Pommes is short for Pommes Frites, which is what french fries are called in german - there's no singular form.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

sarujin_nz posted:

Does anybody have any actual pictures? I’m curious what $3 will get you at an Australian children’s pretend burger king

e: excuse me, I mean an aussie kidders pretendo burgie kingie

Ziv Zulander fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 6, 2021

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ziv Zulander posted:

Does anybody have any actual pictures? I’m curious what $3 will get you at an Australian children’s pretend burger king

No, but I bought one last week. It was like the pic, except not plumped up as much, of course. The ham and cheese content was the same as the promo photo. Microwaved, but not enough, so it was barely warm and the cheese wasn't melted.

All up, not thrilling, but it was something different for the chain and rather cheap (for them) at least.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why would anybody buy or pay somebody to make this, something actual stupid babies make every day and probably with vastly superior results, if you are ordering food, why wouldn't you pick anything, absolutely anything different, something that can't be made in five seconds using stuff you already have in the fridge at home

I guess if you were starving to death and there was literally no other option, buying a Yumbo might become a possibility you'd have to vaguely acknowledge, ranking somewhere behind death and eating your own hands.

Australia is terrible and cursed

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 6, 2021

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ran out of food at home, not much open at 4AM, lazy option, deal with it. It's just fast food bub, not a crime against humanity.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also it started as a regular BK thing in the states :v: so it's hardly a "can you believe how cursed australia is" thing

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Ziv Zulander posted:

I don't have any pictures, but the $3 pricing actually isn't that bad here (it isn't good, it just isn't bad). A McDonalds hamburger is generally $3.90 I think, sometimes specials down to $2. At Hungry Jacks / Burger King a Whopper by itself is $7ish depending on State / regional pricing. Generally I find I'm paying $11 to $15 for a combo meal at Macca's or Hungry Jacks.

We do also get this burger at HJs as well, A quality chip, bacon and mayonnaise burger.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sarujin_nz posted:

I don't have any pictures, but the $3 pricing actually isn't that bad here (it isn't good, it just isn't bad). A McDonalds hamburger is generally $3.90 I think, sometimes specials down to $2. At Hungry Jacks / Burger King a Whopper by itself is $7ish depending on State / regional pricing. Generally I find I'm paying $11 to $15 for a combo meal at Macca's or Hungry Jacks.

We do also get this burger at HJs as well, A quality chip, bacon and mayonnaise burger.

Okay what literal insane person thinks potatoes go well with bread

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Play posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisp_sandwich & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty both great options.

Bread, chips (the crisp type) and vegemite. Potato is excellent with bread.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sarujin_nz posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisp_sandwich & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty both great options.

Bread, chips (the crisp type) and vegemite. Potato is excellent with bread.

Sure, carbs on carbs and grain on grain. Not to mention a similar texture throughout. Just a big, soft, sweaty mass of carbs.

To me that's disgusting. The best part of a sandwich (or burger) is the meat and veggies, period.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Play posted:

Sure, carbs on carbs and grain on grain. Not to mention a similar texture throughout. Just a big, soft, sweaty mass of carbs.

To me that's disgusting. The best part of a sandwich (or burger) is the meat and veggies, period.

with you on this one, carbs are a delivery mechanism in a sandwich. that sounds atrocious.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BigBadSteve posted:

Ran out of food at home, not much open at 4AM, lazy option, deal with it. It's just fast food bub, not a crime against humanity.

It's like getting dressed up and driving somewhere to get just a cup of lukewarm tap water.

Also hard disagree on the second part.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

with you on this one, carbs are a delivery mechanism in a sandwich. that sounds atrocious.

British and British-adjacent people always deny that the toast sandwich is something that exists, but yeah, chip butty and chip sandwich or whatever are just toast sandwich with the tiniest bit of flourish.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Norilsk

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The matcha fad has gone too far

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, carbs on carbs is a food sin. It's hardly just the Brits and Aussies who are guilty though. Here in California you'll find a ton of fast food items prefixed with the state's name, which can sometimes indicate that it contains added avocado, but more often than not just means that it's jammed full of french fries. It's obviously a cost saving measure to sell the cheapest ingredients for the same price as a proper food item, but the name makes chumps think they're getting a local treat.

Yes, let me sit down and enjoy this giant flour tortilla filled with potato and rice #JustCaliforniaThings

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 6, 2021

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, carbs on carbs is a food sin. It's hardly just the Brits and Aussies who are guilty though. Here in California you'll find a ton of fast food items prefixed with the state's name, which can sometimes indicate that it contains added avocado, but more often than not just means that it's jammed full of french fries. It's obviously a cost saving measure to sell the cheapest ingredients for the same price as a proper food item, but the name makes chumps think they're getting a local treat.

Yes, let me sit down and enjoy this giant flour tortilla filled with potato and rice #JustCaliforniaThings

Are you seriously dissing California/Mission Burritos? If it's not the size of my forearm, weighing more than a Chihuahua and includes 12 red and green salsa cups then I am just not having it. Plus it's enough food for 2 meals.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Fries on bread sounds terrible and just lazy. Same thing with a burrito.

Here's a toast sandwich from the culinary experts in the UK.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Ninurta posted:

Are you seriously dissing California/Mission Burritos? If it's not the size of my forearm, weighing more than a Chihuahua and includes 12 red and green salsa cups then I am just not having it. Plus it's enough food for 2 meals.

You bet your rear end I am seriously dissing them. They're just 2 lbs of flavorless calories. There's a reason they come with all that salsa.

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Fries on bread sounds terrible and just lazy. Same thing with a burrito.

Here's a toast sandwich from the culinary experts in the UK.

That looks pretty good. Although I'm thinking white sandwich bread, brown toast in the middle would be better.

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Volvograd

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sarujin_nz posted:

That looks pretty good. Although I'm thinking white sandwich bread, brown toast in the middle would be better.

:smith:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sarujin_nz posted:

now let's no go all hog wild

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

:chef: Those look a lot like the burgers I made when I was in college and thought a giant, fist-sized burger would be awesome. Only they were almost completely raw on the inside and I am still surprised I never got food poisoning. Granted, given my love of California Burritos and suspect salsa bars that sometimes are fermented it's not that surprising.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Volgograd :colbert:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

peak performance

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

My company has a large office in Brazil. I haven't been sent down there for work myself, but a few of my coworker friends have. They all have come back traumatized by the food. When I ask for details they never want to elaborate, but these threads help me understand.

I always just assumed they are steak 3 times a day so I didn't worry about the food

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Play posted:

Apparently every person posting in the Taco Bell thread.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Apparently every person posting in the Taco Bell thread.

I'm curious as to your definition of "bread"

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm not hungry now

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

fezball posted:

:eng101: Pommes is short for Pommes Frites, which is what french fries are called in german - there's no singular form.

This is why Pommes Anna and Pommes Dauphinoise are famously french fry dishes

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

It's from a recipe site. The title is "a slightly different hamburger" liver patty on toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

It's from a recipe site. The title is "a slightly different hamburger" liver patty on toast

That is so Finnish it hurts