Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Blood and Guts 5/5. Outstanding match, very heated, very good finish, fun bump at the end. Bloody MJF on top of the cage was a great performance.

Nth. Match looked good, astounding violent in-ring, ending was fine (and was about the only way you could do this with the set up they had created).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall, AEW Blood and Guts, 05/05
MOTYC: The Pinnacle vs. The Inner Circle, AEW Blood and Guts, 05/05
WMOTYC: The Pinnacle vs. The Inner Circle, AEW Blood and Guts, 05/05

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Cody Rhodes vs QT Marshall
HM: SCU vs Jurassic Express vs Varsity Blonds vs The Acclaimed
MOTYC: Inner Circle vs The Pinnacle in a Blood & Guts Match

All from AEW Dynamite 05.05.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Blood and Guts 5/5. Outstanding match, very heated, very good finish, fun bump at the end. Bloody MJF on top of the cage was a great performance.

Nth! Fun stuff, not perfect but gave me that MOTYC feeling in my tummy.

HM for QT vs Cody too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Pinnacle vs. The Inner Circle, AEW Blood and Guts, 05/05
WMOTYC: The Pinnacle vs. The Inner Circle, AEW Blood and Guts, 05/05

:thunk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I said what I said

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: SCU vs Jurassic Express vs Varsity Blonds vs The Acclaimed

All from AEW Dynamite 05.05.

NTH. Watching the international version of the main event made for a much better experience.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WMOTYC: Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle, Blood and Guts, 5/5

If it ended with the entire Pinnacle beaten down and MJF being threatened with the fork, it'd have been MOTY for me.

Instead, it uh...didn't, and the last commercial break/everything after it was somehow both as much of a joke as the sparklers AND far more boring.

Nth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall, Dynamite, 5/5

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood and Guts 5/5/21.

I can't go any higher due to the very poorly placed commercial breaks and the...underwhelming finish.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Both from the 5/5/21 Dynamite.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will add in an HM for Cody vs QT Marshall too. The tombstone reversal sequence was very impressive.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

nth

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 04.05

Two guys incapable of having a bad match against each other have another absolute goddamn banger.

Another Nth to this, these two are just incredible.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart vs The Way (Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae) for the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships in a Street Fight, NXT 5/4/21.

This match was brutal. Obviously not Rosa/Baker brutal but still lots of wicked bumps and spots.

nth. this was really good, really good pacing, great action

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Leon Ruff v. Isiah 'Swerve' Scott, Falls Count Anywhere, NXT 5/4/21

shame about the finish but this match was dope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood and Guts 5/5/21.

I can't go any higher due to the very poorly placed commercial breaks and the...underwhelming finish.

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Chris Brookes (C) vs. Saki Akai (C) for the DDT Extreme Title & Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Max Bump 5/4

You will believe a 9 foot tall woman can go toe to toe with an 11 foot man. Hell of a match between these two.

Catching up on this, and Nth. This match was remarkably good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: SANADA vs. Yuji Nagata, New Japan Cup, 3/14: one of Nagata's best matches in the past year and a very good performance by Sanada

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr., New Japan Cup, 3/14
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay, Wrestling Satsuma No Kuni Night 1, April 28

WMOTYC: Great-O-Khan vs. Toru Yano, New Japan Cup, March 11: I usually enjoy Toru Yano a lot, but I really hated this one. I think it was just way too long.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 4th
MOTYC
Rika Tatsumi (c) vs Miyu Yamashita - Princess of Princess Championship
- Murder

HM
Yuki Arai and Miu Watanabe vs Arisu Endo and Maki Itoh
- Real fun debut for Arai, looking forward to seeing how she develops
Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima vs Mizuki
- A bunch of cool double teams, no real downtime
Kamiyu (c) vs Hikari Noa - International Princess Championship
- One of Hikari's best performances, very enjoyable
NEO Biishii-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) (c) vs BeeStar (Suzume and Mirai Maiumi) - Princess Tag Championship
- Result was never in doubt, but I still really like this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay, Wrestling Satsuma No Kuni Night 1, April 28

Is this meant to be L.I.J (Takagi & Naito) vs. United Empire (Ospreay & Great-O-Khan)?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
No, it's meant to be night 2, I'm just bad at reading :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

No, it's meant to be night 2, I'm just bad at reading :)

Ospreay Takagi was Wrestling Dontaku Night 2, 4th May

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Like I said: bad at reading!

That's the one I'm referring to, so sorry for the confusion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All good, I was just a little horrified that I might have missed one of their singles matches :3:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League May 9th
MOTYC
Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yusuke Okada
- Holy gently caress, this came out of nowhere. Brutality at it's finest as Okada attempts to survive against a killer, short and sweet
37KAMIINA (MAO and Yuki Ueno) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura)
- Yoshimura's first match back after a six month injury, and he immediately made up for lost time by beating the hell out of his former tag partner Ueno. As good as Nautilus were as a tag team, they're just as good facing off against each other. Add in MAO and HARASHIMA to the mix and you've got a phenominal match.
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Yuji Hino)
- Yuji Hino is such a fuckin hoss, he's absolutely perfect as a man mountain for people to (try to) chop down to size. All four of these guys rule, it's like the Sauna boys didn't want to be upstaged by their compatriots in the earlier match by going balls to the wall. A little bit of interference by Damnation, but not nearly enough for me to dock points from this spectacle.

HM
Team Thoroughbred (Sanshiro Takagi and Yukio Naya) vs DisasterBox (Kazuki Hirata and Toru Owashi) vs Akito and Keigo Nakamura vs Danshoku Dieno and Super Sasadango Machine
- Reverse Battle Royale, but not the TNA kind. All 8 guys are at ringside, and if you get tossed into the ring (and maybe into the bleachers as well? Wasn't super clear on that) your team is eliminated. Absolute insanity from start to finish.

Holy poo poo, what an awesome show. Great way to kick off Tag League, make time to watch if you've got a Universe subscription

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

HM
5th May
Dragon Gate Dead Or Alive
Open the Twin Gate Title
Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Yoshida (c) vs Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Open The Brave Gate Title
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May
Open The Triangle Gate Title
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & La Estrella)

MOTYC
5th May
Parejas Incredible Steel Cage Survival
Dragon Kid & SB KENTo vs KAI & YAMATO

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: KENTA vs. Shingo Takagi, New Japan Cup, March 16
HM: SANADA vs. Will Ospreay, New Japan Cup, March 18
HM: EVIL vs. Shingo Takagi, New Japan Cup, March 20

These were all quite entertaining and worthy of inclusion, in addition to the ones already on the list.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Open The Brave Gate Title
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May
Open The Triangle Gate Title
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & La Estrella)

MOTYC
5th May
Parejas Incredible Steel Cage Survival
Dragon Kid & SB KENTo vs KAI & YAMATO

Great show. The only disappointing match on the card was the Skywalker Kikuta match.

Nth. Fun show!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 2 May 10th
HM

Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita)
- Obviously this match was cool, these four guys don't have bad matches. I just left this feeling kind of disappointed, especially compared to how awesome yesterday's show was. Maybe it was because of them filming in the Ice Ribbon dojo with their hilariously miniscule ring, I don't know. The match certainly isn't a waste of time, but there have been far better Eruption vs 37KAMIINA matches this year. Also Takeshita got chokeslammed through a table which was pretty cool.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: James Drake & Zack Gibson vs. Kushida & Leon Ruff, NXT, 1/27

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
2nd April
SEAdLINNING Arisa Nakajima 15th Anniversary Show
High Speed Must Wear Pink Battle Royal
Arisa Nakajima vs Ayame Sasamura vs Chikayo Nagashima vs Itsuki Aoki vs Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Tsukushi Haruka

Just made me smile a lot. It's Nakajima's show & she demanded everyone wear something pink for the occasion, Nagashima does not so gets jumped by the 5 opponents and the ref and has a pink bikini put over her ring gear. Also, it's high speed rules which adds to the chaos: 3 counts are real fast, the ref gets involved and pins can only happen either from a flash pin or running the ropes twice before the pin. It's convoluted nonsense in the best way, and it's a joy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Las Fresas de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto) vs. Yumiko Hotta & Rina Yamashita - SEAdLINNNG Special NIGHT (4/26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0bpvg_U1A

When Yumiko Hotta was in Actwres girl'Z she seemed very uninterested in participating in matches, often standing in the corner for tag matches and no-selling everything. Since arriving in SEAd as the manager to her protege, Riko Kawahata, she's brought a chaotic energy to the proceedings, particularly when Asuka is involved. This was her first official match of this run and it did not disappoint. This is probably the most I've laughed in a long time as these four went crazy and the poor replacement referee displayed all the authority of a substitute teacher in the rowdiest class in the school before finally throwing the match out as his attempts to restore order were laughed at and ignored. Special mention to Las Ego's third member Rico Kaiju who found the most unique ways to interfere with proceedings, such as throwing a giant ball into the ring.

MOTYC: Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) (c) vs. Citrus Wind (Honori Hana & Riko Kawahata) for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Special Night (4/26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmi-jYnwcas

SEAdLINNNG's tag title scene is consistently producing some of my favourite matches. This one pitted Citrus Wind's rookies against their veteran team and was a breakout match for Honori Hana that unfortunately happened behind closed doors with easily her best performance in the ring (though seeing her dancing with former professional dancer Kawahata during their entrance certainly was not the best performance you'll ever see). The younger wrestlers did an excellent job of showing their desperation to take the fight to their mentors and the match kept a frantic pace as their cornered Nanae. Every time Arisa managed to get in to punish the younger wrestlers was both delighting and terrifying. Excellent match, and the next title defence set up at the end looks set to keep up the run of great tag title main events.

2nd both of these. Kaiju pulling Hotta out of the ring just to get badly beaten by the vet rules. And Citrus Wind rule, I'm unapologetically a Nakajima fan boy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
18th April
DDT Max Bump in Niigata
KO-D Tag Team Title
Smile Pissari (HARASHIMA & Yuji Okabayashi) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: KUSHIDA vs Santos Escobar, 2 out of 3 falls match, WWE NXT, 5/11/21

This match was very good, especially near the end. My only real qualm about the match is that it felt like it should have had another 5-10 minutes.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
HM
https://youtu.be/Thvu_BfaNVI
Diamante vs. Willow Nightingale, AEW Dark 11/05/2021. Really solid match between two wrestlers featuring plenty of intelligent countering.

Does it fit this thread? Maybe not, but I really enjoyed this short and sweet match.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
12th May 2021
Chocopro 115
Chris Brookes vs. Emi Pencil

Some world-class heeling from Brookes, very enjoyable.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: The Acclaimed vs. Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss - AEW Dark 5/11/21

this was great intros to finish

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

graph posted:

Nth for Max's rap alone

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

graph posted:

Nth, this was a pretty complete wrestling match. These guys all rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
5th May
Ice Ribbon #1115: Yokohama Ribbon Golden Week 2021 Night 2
Jun Kasai vs Suzu Suzuki

So this is match #4 in the post losing the IceX Infinity title series of hardcore matches against nasty men, & it's against one of the best death match practitioners ever. I'd say it's a little below the Takeda match but still fantastic, Jun gives her a little more than Takeda did so Suzu doesn't just get eaten up, & yeah, if watching 18 year old women headbutting heavily scarred 40something dudes is something you can enjoy then this is more than worth checking.